• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Catch glitch

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Yeah, I fought Regigigias after catching 640+ pokemon. Got a Critical Capture very quickly and caught him in a premier ball.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    That awesomely awesome thing was a Critical Capture, as everyone else said, introduced in Black & White, which significantly increases the rate of capture. You'll know it's a Critical Capture by the distinct metallic sound it makes as you throw it. Then one shake, and the Pokemon's yours. The more Pokemon you catch, the better your chance of it happening again. I used to get them like every 5th throw in Black 2 after I transferred all 500+ of my Pokemon from White. I've rarely ever seen a Pokemon escape from one, for me only once with Kyurem.

On another note, I got my first Y Version Critical Capture yesterday. I didn't even realize they were brought back until it happened! xD

Back