• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Catch Jirachi in GSC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Uhh.. Yes... You did...

Also, it's not a matter of it being HEAVILY hacked recently. It's just one hack that people saw/wanted and went out to make. Why? Like I stated before, The games took off right from the get go. Someone noticed, "Oh hay, I can get Mewtwo, but why not Mew?" And seeing how the internet existed back then, all it would have taken was a small google trip and a little bit of knowledge of the japanese language. (( These two things were available at the time )) To read up that Mew was indeed AVAILABLE for the game, just not without an event to trigger it.

And so they set out with a goal....

This could have been made on any computer with available resources. And seeing how the games existed, the resources must have as well. It may have been much more difficult, but it wasn't impossible.
    Please provide a quote where I ever said Pokemon wasn't popular.

And, no, that's not how it happened. It was an accident.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    This is obviously fake. Jirachi isn't even in Gen. 2. Mew was actually in Gen. 1. So therefore... Mew was a possible glitch.

People won't believe you unless you provide video proof.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Redstar, if you really wanna prove us wrong, then make a video. Get what you need first, like that damn Clefairy at Lv.99 and beat the Elite 4 269 times, then video tape the remainder of what you gotta do.

cherrybby

→ bellarayne
    Years

look, i don't know if this is real or not. the picture seems pretty authentic, but at the same time, it doesn't really sound true. i'm sorry. D: i would love to see more proof (from you, because judging from the thread linked, it's a fake), though. (:

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Fake, fake, fake.

There are 256 Pokemon slots in G/S/C. 251 are actual Pokemon. 1 is an egg. And then there's 4 glitch Pokemon, each sharing the name, "?????". Besides, if you open up a Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal rom in a hex editor, and then using a table file search "JIRACHI", you won't get any results.

Sorry, but this is 100% FAKE. (Besides this link clearly shows that it was made up by some guy just for the lulz)

Well, remember MissingNo.? Encountering one resulted in an exceedingly-long black screen before the battle actually started.
    3 seconds isn't "exeedingly long".

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Amusing, it really is. Though I wish you'd all quit freaking out and being "fjasklfdjsklfcjlvkj FAKE OMG YOU LOSRE!!!11!" because it's really rude, and that's coming from me of all people. I'd like video proof as much as the next guy, but still, you guys need to take it easy. If you want to have a mature debate about it, by all means go ahead. I'm going to leave this thread, just cause a part of me wants to believe it's true, and I find this debate, one sided as it is, a point of interest. Call me crazy, I really don't give a damn. However, if you all wanna take this out of hand and be goofs about it, it's going to get closed. Consider that the first and only warning for this thread.

Now, my opinion on the matter, I remember hearing about Jirachi later in the RS days and being excited. How would I even have a thought about that during the GSC times? Ho-oh was thought of before the GSC days and it made it. It could be a possibility, but that's a stretch. Hatching at level 4 is also a set back. I'm not really yes or no on the matter. It's just...interesting.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I just want to point out that, as someone else already pointed out, the exact same description can be found on another forum under the category "Fake Creations." I think that makes it pretty obvious that this isn't real.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I just want to point out that, as someone else already pointed out, the exact same description can be found on another forum under the category "Fake Creations." I think that makes it pretty obvious that this isn't real.

Do you think you could provide a link, please? I wanna read that.

I'm kind of just sitting here wishing this was real. I don't know why, though. It's not like I'm going to do this. In fact, I can't. I'm leaning more towards it not being real, just because. But at the same time, I can't just turn away something so strange without a little more investigation. Thinking more about it actually, only the Japanese would really be able to do this because Americans didn't get Celebi if memory serves, unless we used cheats, but I don't know if that would count in the Pokedex.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    Well I tried to post a link, but I don't have 15 posts yet. TwilightBlade posted the link on the first page. If you read down on the page it links to, the original poster there talks about making it up.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I bet redstar just saw that one post, thought it was real, and wanted to post it here.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Alright then. Wait...wait...wait...and boom goes the dynamite.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back