• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch of the Day

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Caught a perfect Xmas Pikachu today. A nice way to end the Holiday event.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2020
    Dragonite CP 1498 with Steel Wing and Hyper Beam, he was just flying over the bank. Though I missed the Charizard at my front door.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I caught enough Bulbasaur and Charmander's to finally evolve them both to Charizard and Venusaur.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I just caught a Hitmonlee by a Sprint Pokestop. I only had about 7 Ultra Balls left and I caught it in the 7th Ultra Ball. I didn't know it was there until it spawned so it was kind of surprising.

But I'm still not sure how they are going to do the Tyrogue/Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee/Hitmontop thing. Hopefully they are like Eevee where you can nickname to get the one you want because random evolution isn't gonna cut it.

Last edited:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Crappy Snorlax! First wild Snorlax encounter in quite some time...

Catch of the Day
    Catch of the Day

...put it in a blender to feed my fatter Snorlax.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    I was stoked to catch a perfect IV Charmander a while ago only to evolve to a Charizard without a good move set (Ember-Dragon claw). I guess I'll take it as another Dragonite killer.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Today... has been a good day.

Catch of the Day
    Catch of the Day
    Catch of the Day

The Dragonite's IVs and moveset are both terrible, though...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I finally caught a Magnemite today which gave me 48 candies, I luckily had 2 already so I transferred one and walked 3km with the new one and now was able to evolve it to Magneton.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I caught a Dragonair today. Now I don't need to evolve a Dratini and instead all my candies can go for Dragonite, which is only 58 candies away.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
    Caught a 589 CP Mr. Mime today, quite a good catch for me since I mostly play in a rural area. -_-

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
    Must be difficult playing in a rural area....but even in the city you get the same Pokemon all day everyday

Yeah, my friends confirm this theory but I cannot unsee that in some way, Pokémon spawning in a city tend to have higher CPs, higher stats etc...
    My STRONGEST Pokèmon is a Flareon with 760ish CPs, quite low... but at least it's cute as companion! {XD}

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My work spawns a lot of male Nidoran, which I like because I'm aiming for Nidoking. Not bad catches IMO.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    The tracking system worked today for the 4th time I think since it's debut. By work I mean it showed me a Pokémon I needed near a Pokestop I could travel to within the time allotted.

I discovered 2 Omanyte by a Pokestop back in some woods way out of the way, luckily we were driving around there.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Today I caught an 84cp Rattata. It cost me 5 Pokeballs, 3 Great Balls and 3 Ultra Balls.

Finally it caught then I got the question mark and it turned into Ditto.

I had prevously caught a Vaporeon and its cp was ??? So I thought maybe that was a Ditto.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I had 2 catches of the day today. First I caught an Onix, then later I caught a Snorlax finally.

I also caught an Omanyte shortly before the event ended so 8 more candies for that.

Years
    Caught so many Gen 2 pokemon today :D most of them have crappy IVs but my Hoppip has over 80% IV with two 15 stats, I need a Gen 2 IV calculator to see what it is exactly though.

Favourite new additions though are my Umbreon and Espeon which I evolved earlier :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Caught a whole bunch of things, helped by the fact at uni/work there were lures everywhere (with account names suggesting the uni set them up...?) The first gen 2 poke I caught was Totodile. Happily they seem to spawn in the park by my flat. I had a <10 minutes walk just now and caught five of them. This pleases me.

Other pokes of note: Skarmory, Mantine, Octillery (three of them), Azumarill, Ledian, Teddirusa, Bayleaf, Xatu, Furret, and a few Chikorita. Also a bunch of less exciting ones. Not even seen a Cyndaquil though... just like Charmander the Fire-type starter seems to be rare where I am.

Pinap berries are great for rare Pokemon or middle stages you need more candy for now they give more Candy. Got 10 candy from Bayleaf, Croconaw and Machoke with them.

Back