• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Catch them all, help?

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Okay, i want to catch them all in gen 3. I need help. I have:
    1 Ruby
    1 Sapphire
    1 Leaf Green
    1 Fire Red
    1 Emerald
    1 Colosseum
    1 XD
    1 Pkmn Box Ruby/Sapphire
    2 Memory Cards
    1 Gamecube
    1 Gamecube controller
    1 Gamecube to GBA link
    1 Gameboy player
    3 Gameboy advanced SP's
    2 GBA link cables

So, with all this I know I can catch them all but I don't know what teams to make. I will play through rse once each, then lgfr 3 times, once on one, twice on the other, and I will beat XD and colosseum. And I will use Pkmn box for storage. I just need help team building for each game, and I want to have a different starter in each game so I can have all the starters. Thanks for your help!

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • Wow that's nice you have a pokemon box. I could use one right now...
    Advice for FRLG: I would get a scyther, farfetch'd, or marowak to use false swipe to make catching easier. Or you can go with super fang on raticate.
    Gloom is good for early status condition moves. You'll need a slave pokemon with the HMs you need.. like gyrados or kingler.
    The rest is up to you I suppose. Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Wow that's nice you have a pokemon box. I could use one right now...
    Advice for FRLG: I would get a scyther, farfetch'd, or marowak to use false swipe to make catching easier. Or you can go with super fang on raticate.
    Gloom is good for early status condition moves. You'll need a slave pokemon with the HMs you need.. like gyrados or kingler.
    The rest is up to you I suppose. Hope that helps.
    Those are good ideas but I just mean in game teams to beat the games.

wilso

Grass Master
    Years
  • With all those games you should be good to catch them *all*
    Mythical pokemon might be a bit of a pain but there are some ways of obtaining them
    Like Jirachi from Pokémon Channel, also some mods have been made so you can get a celebi from Japanese bonus disk.
    The rest of the legends can be a bit tricky because you need a wireless link for mystery gift (which you didn't mention).
    It involves a little trial and error but when it works you can send it too the game you need.
    qnqvmd.png

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I did this excact same thing with 3rd gen :) Except for Pokemon Box. You should be able to get every Pokemon except Mew, Deoxys and Jirachi. Jirachi is gettable with the Colosseum Bonus disc if you can find one :D

What I do is make sure my team will be able to use all the required HM moves, especially Surf in RSE.
    If you still need, I could list my team's out for each game and their moves. I may of traded between games for some of the TM's if I remember right. Shouldn't be too big a difference though. :) Awesome to someone else doing the entire 3rd gen run!

Years
  • Guys what he wants it someone to make him a team for every game, meaning about 8 teams.
    To the OP, I doubt anyone will do that. Seriously, having all these games and being able to have any Pokemon, yet not being able to put up your own teams which is prolly one of the most fun parts of the game, smh.
    Take one level 100 Rattata, its not like NPCs and competitive players.

Back