• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Catching 'em all?

drew16

Fat Boy Swag
Years
  • When i started pokemon White i caught everything in sight just to be one step closer to completing the pokedex. As of right now my national dex says
    SEEN-313 OBTAINED-233

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Seen: 116, Obtained: 84.

Playtime: 57:33

...and not even versing the Elite Four yet, yeah I'm planning to catch all Unova Pokemon. Not going to catch the Pokemon from other generations though, only if I get them in trades.

And yeah trading will help me complete the pokedex. Sooo, for the first time I'm aiming to complete the pokdex...XD;

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
    Years
  • no, since of course there will be a third version of the series b and w, spending the time cathing all the pokemans and finishing the pokedex in these versions are pointless. Ill wait till "grey"

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I tend to catch Pokemon which I deemed 'rare' and hard to fight. In B/W, I don't know what's rare and whatnot so if I see a cool-looking Pokemon, I just catch it. But usually, I don't waste my time catching Pokemon.

It's worse for my SS though, in which my Pokemon box never had more than 10 Pokemon in them.

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
  • no, since of course there will be a third version of the series b and w, spending the time cathing all the pokemans and finishing the pokedex in these versions are pointless. Ill wait till "grey"

Wow that's a good point....I think you changed my mind by pointing out that obvious facr.

I planned on doing my national dex...maybe I'll just do the Unova dex in English White and do the national dex in Grey.. =/

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I caught a couple of pokemon during the main storyline, however I left a good few to catch afterwards. Which I've been doing now.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • In black I have caught all pokemons from unova except those 3 events at the bottom with a litte help from some friends and the gts

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I caught mostly for my team. But, I have like 20 others that I caught so I plan on catching em all someday. But my "team" has about 8 pokemon and not just six.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I'm only actually catching Pokemon for my team.

I doubt I'll be catching them all soon -- I'm focusing on completing the game first; Then I'll consider it.

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I caught all the Pokemon up until after Castelia City just because there wasn't that many in the grass/desert/cave(etc) but I've slowed down and only picked up the Pokemon I think are cool looking/interesting or keeping on my team.. But eventually I will go back through and pick all of them up :)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I catch every Pokemon I run across that I haven't caught before. Also, I run around in an area until I find each different wild species before I move on. The only ones I haven't found are the shaking grass ones, and that's because I haven't seen any shaking grass yet on White.

I'm pretty much the same. I don't actually know what species inhabit which route but I make sure I have at least one battle per patch of grass. When I beat Ghetsis I had caught around 90 Pokemon.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I don't feel like catching everyone in my playthrough. I'm not really the "complete the pokedex" kind of guy. I'm more of a "train what you like" kind of person.

Years
  • I think I'm going to collect any Pokemon I see. I normally collected females in my previous games, but this time I'll catch the first gender I see. I'll catch random Pokemon until I find the ones for my planned teams.

Last edited:

neonat2

The short one
    Years
  • Seen: 495
    Obtained: 287
    Playtime: 54:36
    I no longer have any Pokemon on my platinum, heartgold, pearl, and soulsilver...BUT I WILL CATCH THEM ALL!!!!

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Seen: 495
    Obtained: 287
    Playtime: 54:36
    I no longer have any Pokemon on my platinum, heartgold, pearl, and soulsilver...BUT I WILL CATCH THEM ALL!!!!
    Same for me.. Well I have around the same and I don't have any pokemon on my HG. Lol took like 2 hours.

Back