• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Catching 'em all?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I've actually been catching a lot more than I normally do on a play through. I've also started to breed them. Breeding is more fun than it seems like :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    After HG i started playing Emerald and Emerald was the first Pokemon game where I didnt catch everything I saw. I took that new found strategy or habit, whatever you might call it, and applied it to White. I have about 12 or so Pokemon one was used strictly for "Cut" and others were ones I first picked up that I no longer need because I built up stronger Pokes.

Eventually I will go back and catch as many as I can.. But only after I beat the main story.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I plan to catch them all AFTER I beat the Elite Four :D cbb now, and I want some fun after I beat the E4 too.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Yeah, I am catching all the region's Pokemon and evolving them and then getting all the other's traded. Most of my fav Pokes are in Kanto and Hoenn actually. I need to find someone who has my favs, might have to put it in my sig.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I'm currently working on the Unova "chapter" of the living Pokedex - I've gotten about 3 boxes full of complete evolution lines, and a bout 2 boxes of uncomplete lines.
    Not looking forward to transferring my 492 (never got Darkrai or Deoxys) from Pearl to this game.

While going through the game, as always, I caught practically nothing, other than my team, which was even smaller than usual, at only four.

Years
  • For the first time ever, i actually choose to catch every pokemon i possible could while playing through the story line.

My reason for this is, that previous i haven't really played the games for more than fun, but now i decided that i wanted to achieve something with this, and not starting to catch them all, when i had beaten the story line seemed like a waste to me, when i was encountering them anyway a long the way.

And should probaly mention that i actually enjoyed catching all the pokemon i could on my way up to becoming the Champion.

Years
  • Well, I started just catching for my team, then I caught some of the things I liked the look of. Now that I'm finished basically everything, story-wise, I just sorta decided it might be cool to try and catch them all. So I've been doing that. Aside from some Unove Pokemon you can only obtain easily via evolution, I've gotten almost everything you can catch in White. I also traded with a friend for the Version Exclusives, and got Victini. My National Pokedex is now 238, which I'm happy with. I'mma try and see this one through, definitely.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Pokemon R/B/Y/FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W:
    Pokemon seen 649
    Pokemon caught 15

Um...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My first (and only, lol not restarting it) playthrough in White, I caught it if I didn't have it, pretty much. Wanna complete the region dex at least, like I always do with new generations.

Back