• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catching other trainer's Pokémon

Have you intentionally tried to steal other trainers' Pokémon?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

Invokez

Formerly Known as SytheXP
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I tried several times on the earlier games, like most everyone else after I found it impossible and a waste of resources at hand I grew out of it... I however would enjoy a PkMn game where you could opt to join the evil crime syndicate instead of bringing it to its knees.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    The first time I tried was when I first started playing Pokémon, just to see if it would work. After I found out that, it didn't, I didn't bother to try again, haha. But sometimes if I'm not paying a whole lot of attention, I'll forget whether or not I'm in a trainer battle and try to catch the Pokémon I'm facing, thinking it's wild. This happens more often than you think.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Other than maybe once or twice in my newbie days, I don't think I even tried. :/

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    When I first used to play Pokemon (when I obtained Pokemon Red) I used to chuck Poke Balls at trainers Pokemon since I didn't know too much about the game, and taught I could actually capture the Pokemon. But since I've gotten more familiar with the aspect of the game, I don't do that anymore, only throwing Poke Balls when I get mad at a Gym Leader of Elite Four XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I once left my game on in Silver when I first played it and looked back to see I was battling a Pikachu, so I tried to catch it only for it to turn out I was battling a trainer. XD

In Pokemon Colosseum and XD however... =p

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
    I answered "no" on the poll but in retrospect I am almost 100% sure I remember trying to do that back in the day in Blue, when I started playing. Aside from that, it's only times when I forget I'm battling a trainer, like if I had to close my DS and them come back later. When that happens I feel totally embarrassed, lol.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I've tried it before--who hasn't?--and for me it loses its appeal eventually. Though I'd love a pokemon game (spin-off) that allowed you to capture another trainer's pokemon, but of course not a good trainer's.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    I tried it when I first got the game and found out it wasn't possible so I stopped. Really bummed me out because I would have totally gone through the whole game catching the trainer pokemon if I could have.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I tried it once. I totally blanked out in the middle of trainer battle and when I snapped back to reality I was like, "Hey look! An Arbok!" So I threw a pokeball at it and the game was like NO. Then I realized I was in an actual battle xD;

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Only once or twice by accident.
    I wouldn't want to steal anyone's Pokémon ever! That's Team Rocket's job!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Apart from the time when everyone does it to see wehat happens, no I don't do it intentionally. Although I sometimes leave my game on, only to forget what I'm doing and to find I'm facing a Pokemon i want. So, assuming it's a wild battle, I try to catch it to be called a thief. :|

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
    I used to do it by accident, mostly because I forget whether it is a trainer battle or a wild Pokemon battle. But now days I don't get them mixed up anymore~ :P

I use to get frustrated when the Pokeball would fly back towards me, but then I realized it was a battle. I got distracted very easily when I was young. :P

Nameless.

Only when it was Pokemon Battle Rev and the trainer sent out a shiny Pokemon. :x
    That drove me absolutely crazy, it really did. Why must you torture us like this Game Freak? ;_;

Though, I already have a good hundred shinies... hehehe.. >w>;;

Back