• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Catching Regigigas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    Hey so I'm planning and catching the three Regis and then Regigigas, but I noticed that I need to nickname Regice to catch Regigigas. Isthere any name in specific? If not will it still count as a nickname if I type in Regice? I don't like to nickname my pokemon.

Years
  • Sadly using Regice's species name won't count. It needs an actual nickname and also has to hold a Snowball, Casteliacone or Never-Melt Ice. Once both conditions are met you can challenge Regigigas.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Hello, first off: no there is no specific name for Regice to nickname it as far as I know... I hear ya, I don't like to nickname my Pokemon either, but what I did was just nickname my Regice, and then later "change it back" to the name Regice at the Name Rater :) As long as you're the OT you can rename him as often as you like so it doesn't matter really... You can just give any nickname to Regice (let's say Icecream), and after you caught Regigigas, you return to the namerater to change the name back to Regice :) To be safe, I would just pick another name than 'Regice' though.

Also, you need all the Regi's in your party in order to catch Regigigas and wait a day after you caught the last 'golem' Pokemon in order for him to show up at Route 105. Also, like you mentioned Regice needs a nickname AND an ice-related item such as Icy Rock (Weather Institute), Nevermeltice (Shoal Cave) or a Castelia Cone (Trick House).

Well, I hope you have found an answer and good luck! :)

Years
  • I don't believe a nickname is involved with Regigigas, at least to my knowledge. I already really like all the weird things you need to do in order to get the golems, and I'm glad they brought that back from the original R/S/E.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    I don't believe a nickname is involved with Regigigas, at least to my knowledge. I already really like all the weird things you need to do in order to get the golems, and I'm glad they brought that back from the original R/S/E.

To catch Regigigas you need to have the golems in your party, Regice must have a nickname and Regice must be holding a casteliacone, a never-melt ice, an icy rock or a snowball. Then you must return to the cave where you caught Regice to find Regigigas. I think you also have to beat the Delta episode.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back