• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catching Shadows

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
    Okay before we start, I put two songs in it. Both are by Demi Lovato. The first is "on The line" two is "two worlds collide".

and I hope everyone likes the story

Chapter One: The Guts Symbol

"Come on Chanku, razor leaf!" A young girl called. She had shoulder length fire red hair, with a gold ribbon holding it in like a ponytail. She had dark blue jeans, with gold lining the pockets, and a short cut green shirt that had the sleeves on the sides of her arms. Blue and black tennishoe's covered her feet.

Chanku, her chikarita, did as told and let out a storm of leaves from it's leaf. Chanku had a small light green body, with little dark green spikes on it's neck, a big green leaf coming out of it's head and a short stubby tail.

Medicham, the offending trainers pokemon, slammed against the wall from being hit. The Medicham had the almost shape of a human, a little smaller then the girl, who was 5'2. It had what looked like purple round pants, and a weird hat with three rope circles on it's head.

Swirls appeared in it's eyes as a voice echoed, "Medicham is unable to battle, Chikarita wins. The Match goes to Alexzandrea from Petalburg City!" The announced pulled up a green flag.

The red-haired girl, Alexzandrea, jumped up for Joy. Chanku rushed up to her, an Alexzandrea pulled her into a hug. Both her and her pokemon laughed. "Chika, Chika" Chanku chanted. Alexzandrea smiled and put Chanku down.

The person she had fought walked up to her. The girl looked around thirteen and had blonde hair that swirled around her face. She had a black kimono and brown sandals that had white socks under them.

"Nice Job Alexz, I guess you put up quite the match." She said. She pulled an arm behind her back and smiled greatly. "I now present you with the Guts Symbol!" She announced.

Alexz gratefully took the badge and jumped once. "Thanks Grety, you were a tough opponent, and I'm glad I was able to battle you!" Alexz bowed her head, and placed the Symbol into her case. Alexz smiled before returning Chanku to her pokeball.

Greta and Alexz shook hands and bowed to eachother. Saying their good-bye's, Alexz waved and ran outside.

Outside, there were two girls. One had bleach blonde hair, pulled into pigtails. A low cut pink skirt and a low blue blouse, with pink sandals covered what you could see of her body. She had a bracelet with the letter: I. L.O.V.E.J.A.S.O.N.

The second girl had long black hair braided down her back. She had a long sleeved black shirt, but the sleeves were see-through and the word Love, was written in white. She also had dark black jeans to match.

Both girls waved as Alexz approached them. "I got the Guts Symbol!!" Alexz cheered, the first girl hopping up and down, the second folded her arms. Alexz saw how unenthusiastic her friend was and approached her.

"Hey come on Carrie, aren't you happy?" Alexz said as some of her red hair fell into her face.

Carrie, as the girl was called, unfolded her arms and gave a weak smile. "Yeah I'm happy, just a little tired. The sun's going down, and we haven't made it to the pokemon center, which is in the next town." Carrie explained.

Alexz pulled her fingers to her chin in a thinking expression. Suddenly, she had an idea. Quickly she ran back inside the large building.

"What's she up too?" Carrie asked the first girl.

The first girl shrugged and they waited for Alexz. About a minute later, the red-head came bursting out of the building. Both of the others looked questionly at her.

"We can stay here til morning!" Alexz anounced. Then as a second thought she added, "if that's okay with you Carrie, Courtney?" She asked.

Carrie nodded and the other girl, Courtney, nodded crazily. Seeing as they agreed the three of them walked back into the tower unril morning.
    -------------
    "Come on Jay, we have to hurry!" A fourteen year-old male called running down a flight of stairs. His blonde hair fell over his eyes. He had Green shorts, a red t-shirt, and normal black tennishoes.

He stopped at the end of the stairs and awaited his friend. They were at the Battle Arena, in Saffron City. He and his friend had been ofered a room at the Battle Arena for beating Greta.

Then another boy ran down the stairs. He had light green hair, an orange shirt with yellow stripes, long gray jeans, and orange shoes. He had a bag over his shoulder.

"Sorry Hayden, guess i'm slow!" The new boy said. The sun was about to set and they were gonna watch it, to honor the rise of pokemon.

Some don't know about the Rise Of The Pokemon. Most people know of the time when pokemon were amazing creatures, who grant adventure to trainers, and coordinators a like. Yes it was like that for a long time, until that changed.

It was October 1st, the full moon rose above the lakes of Kanto, Hoen, Jhoto, Sinnoh, and other marvalous regions. It was beautiful, a wonderful cool night. Nothing could spoil it. Until it happened.

The earth shook, all the pokemon running to trainers and coordinators looking for shelter. Bombs and explosives lived on the world, exploding, on the spot.

Pokemon and humons began to fight for life. Humons killing other humons just to survive, pokemon dying, with no where to run. War broke out between the pokemon world, and the surounding worlds.

Ten years the war lasted, indangering humon and pokemon. The god pokemon were saddened by how they were acting, and decided to end it. Darkrai, Entie, Jirachi, Palkia, Dialgia, Scuicune, Riaku, Mew, and Mew Two, collided, causing an uproar in the pokemon universe. The blast, blasted through the world.

The humons that were alive, began new lives being reborn, all memory of pokemon erased. Pokemon no longer exsisted on the world, just those pokemon that changed it.

For one hundred years, the world stayed without pokemon. Until a point came. Seven young humons were chosen to come meet to pokemon gods. Dreaming the maps and words, the seven went there. On a long pereless journey.

When they arrived, Celebi spoke to them. "One Hundred years ago, we bannished what we call Pokemon from your world. A war had warged between both humon and Pokemon. It was my anciesters that erased the memory of pokemon from exsistence. I call the seven of you, to help me restore the pokemon's light. Beyond that door is a world, where pokemon live alone no humons. There are rarely any left, for they do not fend well for them selfs. Each population is slowly fading. You need to take two of each, Male and female, and breed them. Once population had been restored, you can use this Solution Ball, to capture them all at once. I will send you back to your world after that, release the pokemon and your world will be restored to they way it was, without the raging war." Celebi had demanded this of all seven kids, Elijah White, Camile Berlitz, Indigo Maple, Mary Waterflower, Kristy Ketchum, Joshua Hayden, and Cylvana Cave.

They did as told and balance was restored to the world. Only Celebi erased the memory of the kids, all exept one. No one was sure who was, no one knows. Now for trainers, coordinators, and others its a pokemon world once more. Those seven children are not all still alive, for some had been called upon from along time ago, back a hundred years, and had to go back to their slumber once finished. It had been only fifteen years since that happened and the only ones still alive are Elijah White and Cylvana Cave.

Snapping back to realtiy Hayden looked at Jay, whom had been snapping his fingers in front of Hayden's face. "Hu?" Haydem asked jumping back.

Jay laughed. "Dude, you were lost in it. Do you have to do that every year?" Jay laughed again.

Hayden pushed him as they ran outside. They stopped right outside the doors to see a kite flying in the sky. "Now I haven't seen a kite in what ten years." Jay stated looking at it.

Both boys laughed and ran. There was a big field, about two miles away, the best place to go to honor the Rise Of Pokemon.

Just as they approched the field they stopped for a breath. "Man I hate running, Hayden, can we just sit here?" Jay asked huffing.

Hayden shook his head and began running to the middle of the feild. The wind rushed past him. He could here the kite still in the sky, swooshing with every move the wind made. Then he stopped.

He saw someone up a head. It was a girl with red hair, a chikarita to her feet. The girl was bent over petting it, he was only about twenty feet away and he could see her clearly.

The sun began to set lower, right in front of her. Then he saw her stand and look at the sun her chikarita in her arms. Hayden then heard what sounded like the girl singing.

"I didn't wanna say
    'I'm sorry'
    For breaking us apart

I didn't wanna
    say 'It was my
    fault'
    Even though I
    knew it was

I didn't wanna
    call you back
    Cause I knew that
    I was wrong

Yeah I knew I was wrong

One in the same
    Never to change
    Our love was beautiful

We got it all
    Destined to fall
    Our love was tragical

Wanted to call
    No need to fight
    You know I wouldn't lie

But tonight,
    we'll leave it
    on the line

Listen baby

Never would have
    said 'Forever'
    If I knew it'd
    end so fast

Why did you say
    I love you'
    If you knew it
    that it wouldn't last

Baby I just
    can't hear what
    your saying
    The line is breaking up
    Or is that just us?
    Or is that just us?

One in the same
    Never to change
    Our love was beautiful
    We got it all
    Destined to fall
    Our love was tragical

Wanted to call
    No need to fight
    You know I wouldn't lie

But tonight,
    we'll leave it
    on the line

I try to call again
    I get your mailbox
    Like a letter
    left unread

Apologies are
    often open ended

But this one's
    better left unsaid

One in the same
    Never to change
    Our love was beautiful
    We got it all
    Destined to fall
    Our love was tragical

Wanted to call
    No need to fight
    You know I wouldn't lie

But tonight,
    we'll leave it
    on the line"

She stopped and looked at the sun. Just as that happened, a bright light appeared to her side. The girl looked over. Hayden heard the words, "Mom" come from the girl, and "How are you Honey" come from the light. He stood there for a good twenty minutes watching them.

The light had transformed to a beautiful women about twenty eight. She had curly red hair, a blue sweter, and jeans. They conversed and he couldn't move. Then he heard. "Come home soon, honey!" from the women of light. Then she disapeared.

The young girl turned around to see Hayden. "Oh" she made the movement with her mouth. Then she ran, ranaway. He sighed and sat down. Jay ran up to him.

"Hey Man, sorry i think I fell asleep, didn't think you'd leave me back there!" He slapped Hayden's shoulder sitting down. Hayden smiled and turned back to the sunset.
    ------------
    Alexzandrea plopped down on the bed, in the Battle Arena room. Her heart was pounding at the speed of light. She had just ran fifteen miles. I gotta stop doing that, she said to herself.

Just then Carrie and Courtney came in. Alexz sat up. "Hey guys what's up?" She asked seeing their pouty faces.

Carrie looked up. "Guys, that's what's up. Jason Hasen't called Courtney yet," Carrie looked at Courtney who looked like she was going to cry, "And I'm really sick of him always doing that. Ever since he met a new friend to travel with, he doesn't call as often, and forget's to meet us, i'm sick of it." Carrie screamed. It's safe to say she's protective of Courtney.

Once Courtney had gottan hurt, with a guy, back when they were ten, three years ago. Carrie hated that look on her face when she was dumped by Jason. Thing was they were back together now. Since then Carrie had been on the look out for Jason, wanting to protect Courtney.

Alexz smiled and pulled Courtney over. "Carrie and I will help all we can, but.... don't be suprised any more, and don't hate Jason, it's normal, You know better then any of us right?"Alexz asked.

Courtney didn't see but Alexz had shot Carrie a glance as she spoke.
    -------------------
    Alexz sat by the doors of the Arena sighing. She put up a hand and closed her eyes.
    "She was given the world
    So much that she couldn't see
    And she needed someone
    To show her who she could be
    And she tried to survive
    Wearing her heart on her sleeve
    But I needed you to believe

You had your dreams I had mine
    You had your fears I was fine
    You showed me what I couldn't find
    When two different worlds collide
    La dee da dee da

She was scared of it all
    Watching from far away
    And she was given a role
    She never knew just when to play
    And she tried to survive
    Living her life on her own
    Always afraid of the thrown
    But you've given me strength to find home

She was scared
    Unprepaired
    Lost in the dark
    Falling apart
    I can't survive
    With you by my side
    We're gonna be alright
    This is what happens
    When two worlds collide

La dee da dee da

When two different worlds collide.

Last edited:

Fearless Love

Years
    yeah..woops, that must have slipped the spell check...hahahaha...anyway, i'm almost done with chapter two...hopefully I'll have it up sometime today

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I suggest giving your readers a few hours to soak it all in. That's what happened with one of my fics (ArcticGlaceon knows) Then I closed it. So leave some time in between chaps.

Fearless Love

Years
    Okay, I decided on something. I need a few more charactors for the next chapters. So if anyone wants to make a charactor here is the form that would need to be done:

Name:
    Eye color:
    Normal outfit: optional
    Favorite saying: optional
    Their Pokemon:
    Personal background: doesn't have to be long, just anyother details that you may want to add)

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Name: Brendan
    Hair color: Light brown
    Eye color: Blue
    Normal outfit: Denim shorts, black T-shirt with red pokeball on it, black and red trainers
    Favorite saying: optional
    Their Pokemon: Electivire, Eevee(evolve it into and of the eeveelutions), Monferno, Rotom(not a legendary!), and Gallade
    Personal background: doesn't have to be long, just anyother details that you may want to add)

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    Are you really so lazy as to ask your readers to suggest characters for your fiction? It really takess away from your originality and forces me to question your dedication to this story. Am I to assume that you will start asking your readers what they want to happen next? I mean, you're the author for a reason. It is your job to write something that is 100% yours, and it is your readers job to read and comment on what they liked and disliked...

Fearless Love

Years
    okay, I want to clear this up. I wasn't being lazy, but there's a tournament coming up in the story, and that, for now, is the only time they're gonna be in big parts. I just thought, that mabey the readers would like to have their own charactor in the tournament. But I still appreciate that you stated you opinion.
    -lazy Girl

Fearless Love

Years
    Thanks and I'm still working on chapter two, i will havr it up though when i finnish,hopefully today

P.S. sorry i'm taking so long with the next chapter, I'll have it in a few days,

Last edited:

Fearless Love

Years
    Chapter Two!!

Chapter Two: Towards Murn town! A tricky forest

Running down the stairs Alexz nearly fell. "Courtney, Carrie we have to leave!" Alexz shouted as she ran down the stairs almost running into Greta.

She smiled an apology and bowed her head. "Sorry Grety guess I'm in a hurry!"

"Don't be Alexz, just relax for a bit then head to the next town won't take you but a few hours?" Greta smiled warmly. Alexz nodded and ran outside.

~~~~MeanWhile with the guys~~~~

"Jay, your girlfriend won't stop calling my cell phone!" Hayden screamed into the bathroom. Hayden was mad. Wouldn't you be if someone you hate kept calling.

Jay peaked his head out just as the phone rang again. Before Hayden could pick up, Jay ran and grabbed it. "Hello, Jay here!" he announced sitting on the bed.

"Hey Jay-Jay where are you?" The person on the other line asked. It was female, possible fifteen.

"Oh hey, I'm in the battle Arena." Jay said calmly. A laughter erupted from the other end. Jay cringed his nose. He knew that laugh anywhere.

"Give the phone to the other person in there?" Jay ordered sternly. The girl did as told. Another girl picked it up.

"Hey ya Jay." This girl sounded bored.

"Carrie What are you doing with Courtney?" Jay seemed rather upset.

Carrie stopped laughing and spoke. "Didn't Courtney tell you. We're traveling together, well along with Alexz of course-" Carrie said before she stopped.

"Hold it. Alexz is traveling with you? Where are you?" He asked impacienty.

"We're at the battle Arena!" Carrie announced.

~~~~ Meanwhile in the girls room~~~~

Courtney sat on the bed and waited for Carrie to finished. "Okay..got it bye!" Carrie then hung up the phone. She walked over to Courtney. "Well, guess what? They're also here in the Battle Arena!" Carrie announced.

Courtney cheered then stood giving Carrie a stern look. "Who else is with Jason?" Courtney asked. Carrie gave weary smile.

"Well....It's um," Carrie stuttered.

"Spit it out Carrina!!!" Courtney yelled.

Carrie nodded and looked at her friend. "Hayden Monridge." she said then looked away. Courtney crossed her arms and shook her head.

"We can't meet them, we can't. Not if Hayden is there!" Courtney was kinda scared.

Carrie shook her head the same and put her hands on Courtney's shoulders. "Look, we can't protect her forever. Besides, I think she might already know he's here." Carrie said.

Courtney didn't give it a thought and sighed. "I guess your right. But if he even tries to harm Alexz, you'll have to rip his arm off!" she yelled. Carrie hummed in agreement.
    ~~~~With Alexz~~~~

"Curry, Minni, Chanku catch!" Alexz said tossing a little ball into the lake. Curry was a small blue creature. It had an orange shell on it's back, and it had green eyes. The little squirtle caught the ball first.

Minni was Alexz's Corsola. It was white on bottom and pink on top with pink sticks coming out of it's head.

Minni rushed over to Curry and....BAM!!! Jacked the ball right from him, and raced off towards his goal. "Squirt, squirtle, squirt!" Curry called chasing after Minni.

Chanku shook her head and looked over at her trainer. "I know Chanku ridiculous!" Alexz said.

Chanku nodded, "Chika, chika!" she agreed looking over at the rumbling boys. Alexz put her hand on Chanku's head and looked back up at the sky. It was about time to go, just had to wait on Carrie and Courtney.

~~~~With the boys~~~~

"What!? Alexz is traveling with Carrie and Courtney? And she's in the battle tower?" Hayden abruptly stood up as Jay closed his phone.

"Looks like, sorry Hayden!" Jay said shrugging. He put his phone back into his pocket and began packing.

Hayden put his head in his hands. "Of all the places, Of all the people, it had to be her!?" he cried. Jay just laughed as he finished packing up.

~~~~In front of the Battle Tower~~~~
    "Come one guys, what took you so long" Alexz said holding Chanku in her arms. Alexz was in the best mood ever. With Chanku and the news she was giving her friends everything had to go okay.

Courtney looked crossed at her then turned to Carrie. Courtney gave a week smile, but turned to Alexz a little worried. "Well, we had a little conversation with," she stopped to look at Carrie. The girl was smiling but giving a stern look, "Well we talked to Jason and Hayden-" Courtney didn't Finnish because she was cut off. But not by her friends

"Hey Car, Court, Aly" a voice came from behind Alexz. She swerved around and stopped. In front of her stood a blonde haired boy about her age. He had a Cindaquil at his side.

Alexz finally spoke up. "Hayden Monridge! What are you doing here?" She asked pointing her index finger at him.

He laughed and looked at Carrie. "How come you guys didn't tell little old Aly that Hay was back in town?" He asked them, ignoring Alexz protest to get his attention.

Carrie and Courtney didn't say anything but Alexz responded, "As a matter of fact they just told me mister, 'gota go my own way', your such a jerk!" she announced and ran past them near the river.

Hayden looked over at Jay, then to Carrie and Courtney. Carrie went up to him and poked him. "I'm gonna talk to her, when I get back, you better be gone!" she announced running to where Alexz ran off to.

~~~At the River~~~
    "Alexz, Alexz, Alexzandrea!" Carrie called into the river area. She looked around until she saw a little red head by the river. After approaching she sat down. "You all right!" she asked pulling Alexz's hair behind her ears.

When Alexz looked up, her face was red, and her eyes were puffy. "No. He said he wasn't coming back! He promised that if he left, I would never have to see him again. I told him, if he left me, he was no longer my friend Carrie! Now he's back. He lied, he came back after he chose to walk away!" Alexz screamed crying into her hands.

Carrie didn't know what to do. "its gonna be okay, if we ever see him again, i'll punch his eyes out!" Carrie explained play throwing her fist in the air.

Alexz laughed and stood up, offering her jokester of a friend a hand. "Yeah, well let's get back to Courtney!" Alexz said. Carrie nodded and they headed back.

~~~Back at the Battle Tower~~~
    Courtney was twiddling with her thumbs when Carrie and Alexz returned. "Oh a, hey guys, the boys left and Hayden said that he would be-" Courtney started.

"Courtney I don't give a dang flip it's what Hayden wanted. Now I had something to tell you guys." Alexz said. Both of the other two girls looked at her. "There's is this thing in Murn town. There are gonna be trainers from the Jhoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kanto regions! Anyway tomorrow is the last day to sign up, and I really want us to join! Since it's only an hour away it won't take long to get there!" Alexz rushed her sentence.

Alexz turned to Courtney who gave an approving nod. The she turned to Carrie. The black haired girl raised an eyebrow. "Sure, I'd like to battle some little punks. See if they can beat me." Carrie said crossing her arms.

Alexz clapped her hands happily and picked up her backpack which had fallen from her shoulders. "Well, then let's go guys!" She said and grabbed a pokeball. "Go Chanku!" She called.

Chanku called out of it's pokeball and danced around. "Chika, chika, Chi!" It called happily to it's owner. They all laughed and went on their way.

Soon they reached a forest. "Guess we have to go through here." Alexz said. The others shrugged and they went in.

~~An Hour Later~~
    "Oh, this is not my fault Courtney!" Carrie screamed hitting Courtney in the back of the head.

"Your the one who was so glad to be fighting again." Courtney whined rubbing her now sore head.

"Well, this was Alexz's idea!" Carrie yelled higher.

Alexz put her palm in her hands and looked down at Chanku. The little Chikarita shook her head unapprovingly. "I know Chanku, they fight like Curry and Minni hu?" She asked smiling.

"What?" Carrie and Courtney yelled at the same time.

Alexz covered her mouth with her hand to smother her laughing. "This is gonna be a pretty long trip." She whispered.
    ---
    Please inform me of any mistakes I may have missed. enjoy!

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    First, is Alexz the person's real name? Or is it a typo?

I couldn't find anyting else wrong with it. It sorta made me lol too. Kee it up.

Fearless Love

Years
    First, is Alexz the person's real name? Or is it a typo?

I couldn't find anyting else wrong with it. It sorta made me lol too. Kee it up.

Her name is Alexzandrea (as explained in chapter 1) but everyone refers to her as Alexz, I kinda took the name from a singer named Alexz Johnson.

Anyway thank you for reviewing.

Fearless Love

Years
    for anyone who wants to know, I'll have chapter 3 up as soon as possible, im a little busy since its christmas time. But I promise to have it up as quickly as I can, but it might not be up til after christmas.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    I have a character if u still want some more
    Name: Gale Thunder
    Hair color: Dark Green
    Eye color: Brown
    Normal outfit: Jeans, Dark Green long sleeve shirt, brown jacket. White trainers
    Favorite saying: The stom is here
    Their Pokemon: Staraptor, Seviper, Murkrow, Pidgeoto
    Personal background: He has love for flying types. His Seviper was rescued from poachers. He is a very serious trainer and comes form rustboro city.

Fearless Love

Years
    Thank you, and chapter three is on it's way. won't be too long, I hope. Can't wait to finnish it and put it up! Til then, toodles.

Fearless Love

Years
    I am so sorry that this is taking so long. I've been so busy. again I appologize. chapter three is coming along great, and great chapters take time. I hope I can have this ready soon

Back