• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cats or Dogs?

Do you prefer Cats or Dogs?

• Cats

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Dogs

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I like both species equally as much!

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Hippos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    I'm more of a cat person. I've had both cats and dogs but somehow cats win me over. I can call my cats and they come to me just like dogs lool And even though people think cats are "lazy or always sleeping", mine love to play. I'm totally a cat person :3

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Cats. Dogs are my least favorite pets.

I don't get this. Where did the "cats are too lazy and dogs are too hyper" thing came from? It is not true, and if anything it depends on the breed. Some breeds of cats are playful, energetic, aggressive, loyal or loud and some breeds of dogs are elegant, calm, passive and polite.
    It's not so much the behavior is the difference between the two animals, as there are cats who are like "dogs", and vice versa. It's more like their activity and their nature as a particular species. You don't call a boy a girl if he's weak and cowardly.
    I agree that it's not true. The rest of my post was basically saying that. But the stereotype is that dogs are hyperactive and cats are lazy. Not saying I wholly agree with that, but you can see from the rest of my previous post that a mentioned a friendly cat that wanted to jump on me.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
    Years
    the main reason i prefer dogs over cats is because I'm allergic to cats and usually whenever i meet a dog ( my friends my sisters etc ) they always come to me and give me their games because they want to play or cuddle next or on me even though i don't give them that much of attention ( even the dogs in the street come and sniff me XD )
    so yah dogs>cats
    hippos seem so out of place, can't stop imagining a hipodown or its basic evo XD

i like cinnamon :)

droomph

weeb
    Years
    I love my Jack Russell and I love that collie muzzle.

Though I wouldn't rule out a cat, I would much rather a collie of some sort. Though tabbies are so cute omgomg

Basically, IF YOU'RE A PET COME LIVE WITH MEEEEEEE

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I voted equally. Ultimately cats win, though, because I hate huge, mean dogs that make people feel uncomfortable.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Cats win. Cats have never attacked me, and they're cuter as well. I'm pretty much allergic to any pet, though, so I've never had either one for my own. But if I could, it would be a nice fluffy kitty cat in an instant xD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Cat lover here, I love to play with them, pet them, feed them, sadly take them to vet at times, almost all the comments I have read about cats so far are true for me too... sometimes I feel like "I'm a cat trapped in a human body"

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Cats all the way. I love cats. They're my favourite animals, and I always had cats home. I don't mind them to be lonely and else, they can also be very cuddly. And kittens... My god, you can't do cutest than them. I'm the kind of person that, I admit, could watch kitty photos all day and rave about each one.
    I don't really like dogs, they're too much affectionate for me, I don't like when they tangle with me x) And I don't like their smell. They disgust me. Then I'm very afraid of big and dangerous dogs. Well, all of that doesn't mean that I don't like dogs at all, some of them are very cute, puppies are adorable (less than kittens but adorable nevertheless) and some small dogs too. It's just that I prefer when they're away from me :D

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Neither. I've had both.

I'm content with just not having any pets, haha. /probably a bad thing. ;__;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I like them both for different reasons but if I had to choose - gun to head - I'd go with dogs. Mainly it's because I currently have a dog of whom I love so much and is soooooooooo cute, but the sense of loyalty and desire to actually WANT to sit on your lap on an evening is what pushes dogs over the edge in this scenario. Cats are certainly adorable, and the whole 'stroking cats reduces the risk of heart disease' is definitely a plus, but their independence can often come across as very stand-offish on occasion, which isn't always appreciated in a pet.

Still, I do like them both. Dogs just slightly win in this contest.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Cats and dogs are both great pets. Well, my family had three cats, so I like cats much more than dogs. Dogs are O.K, it's just that I never really knew a dog and pretty much aren't used to them. Also, my favourite Pokemon Umbreon IS kind of a cat, and pretty much dogs aren't in the Top 10 for any of my favourite Pokemon. In real life, like stated in other posts, cats can be very friendly and independent. While dogs, get a little excited (As all dogs have ADHT - Short for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) or curious over the littlest things, and is definitely not independent like cats are. However, they can be quite nice too as there are guide dogs to help people in need of them. But still, cats will always be the best out of the two in my opinion.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I love both cats and dogs equally. They are both fun and loving. :)

Back