• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Catto here! /ᐠ ̥ ̮ ̥ ᐟ\ฅ

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Years
  • Hello, new friends! =)

I'm a lover of early internet forums and all that flashy stuff, hehe.
    I've been playing Pokémon since I was 5, starting with Pokémon Mini and later pokémon Silver.
    I'm an artist/programmer currently learning web development but I still have a long way to go xD
    I hope to find new friends to share my passion for Pokémon. It has been years since I found new people to talk about it and that's why I'm here.

(English is not my main language so I'm sorry for any gramatical mistakes that might appear down the road xD)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi Catto! Your username is adorable. (´∀`)♡

You've certainly found the right place to chat with Pokefans! :) Also your English is fine so don't worry too much! Do you have plans on sharing some of your art with the community? We'd love to see what you're capable of!

Years
  • Welcome to the Pokecommunity Catto! I too like shorts because they're a lot less hot compared to pants in the climate I live in lol.

The Pokecommunity is indeed one of the earlier Pokémon-centric forums to have popped up, dating all the way back in 2002. But we've certainly had plenty of upgrades since then! I've also actually never heard of the Pokemon Mini til you mentioned it; that's super cool that that exists! Pokémon Diamond was my first game myself since my cousins had a DS back then that I constantly borrowed heh.

Best of luck in your web development training! Artist/programmer sounds like such a neat set of positions. Do you build websites or something?

And indeed if you're active and participating in discussions around here, you're guaranteed to make friends who share the same level of passion for Pokémon :D I didn't even realize English wasn't your main language til you mentioned it and I checked that you were from Portugal :O You're really good!

Anyway, with all that said, enjoy your stay! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me or to any other Pokecommunity staff that you stumble upon around the forums. We're chill and we'd love to help out :)

Have a good day!

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Hi Catto! Your username is adorable. (´∀`)♡

You've certainly found the right place to chat with Pokefans! :) Also your English is fine so don't worry too much! Do you have plans on sharing some of your art with the community? We'd love to see what you're capable of!

Thank you, Fairy! =D
    I don't know if it's intended, but the fact that your username is "Fairy" and you have no Avatar kinda makes it a really good idea since we normally can't see Fairies xD
    Uh, I think I could do that later, sure! I like pixel art ^^

The Pokecommunity is indeed one of the earlier Pokémon-centric forums to have popped up, dating all the way back in 2002. But we've certainly had plenty of upgrades since then! I've also actually never heard of the Pokemon Mini til you mentioned it; that's super cool that that exists! Pokémon Diamond was my first game myself since my cousins had a DS back then that I constantly borrowed heh.

This is something that struck me as impressive. Some of you have been here for more than a decade! How cool is that! Love the dedication!
    Pokémon Mini, yes, it wasn't very popular, even I don't know how my mom found one. That woman xD
    So you must be excited for the remakes, huh ^^

Best of luck in your web development training! Artist/programmer sounds like such a neat set of positions. Do you build websites or something?

No, not yet. But that's my goal =)

And indeed if you're active and participating in discussions around here, you're guaranteed to make friends who share the same level of passion for Pokémon :D I didn't even realize English wasn't your main language til you mentioned it and I checked that you were from Portugal :O You're really good!

Anyway, with all that said, enjoy your stay! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me or to any other Pokecommunity staff that you stumble upon around the forums. We're chill and we'd love to help out :)

Have a good day!

Thank you so much! ^-^

I too like shorts because they're a lot less hot compared to pants in the climate I live in lol.

Hehe, shorts are the best piece of clothing between skirt and pants!

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is something that struck me as impressive. Some of you have been here for more than a decade! How cool is that! Love the dedication!
    Pokémon Mini, yes, it wasn't very popular, even I don't know how my mom found one. That woman xD
    So you must be excited for the remakes, huh ^^
    Oh yeah a lot of these guys have been around here for way longer than me lol. To tell you the truth, it's only my account that's old lol. I only started being a regular here March last year. Don't ask how I already have 8k posts tho :p
    No, not yet. But that's my goal =)
    Ooh sort of same! I'm striving to enter the freelance industry as a graphic designer and I realize lots of clients are looking for people to design websites. I'm more of a layout designer/video editor person, but it wouldn't hurt to branch out to a skill like this too!
    Hehe, shorts are the best piece of clothing between skirt and pants!
    Especially if you live in a tropical climate like me! Ugh lol pants make my legs sweat.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Oh yeah a lot of these guys have been around here for way longer than me lol. To tell you the truth, it's only my account that's old lol. I only started being a regular here March last year. Don't ask how I already have 8k posts tho :p

My god, yeah, that's a lot for such a short time xD

Ooh sort of same! I'm striving to enter the freelance industry as a graphic designer and I realize lots of clients are looking for people to design websites. I'm more of a layout designer/video editor person, but it wouldn't hurt to branch out to a skill like this too!

Especially if you live in a tropical climate like me! Ugh lol pants make my legs sweat.

I say give it a try!
    Learning HTML/CSS is not that difficult it just takes a little practice and it's more about memorizing how to use them. Sure it gets more complex after that but don't let this thought desencorage you from getting a solid base for amazing works ^^

I don't know where you live but here in Portugal it can get pretty hot sometimes, like 40º C so i totally get that feeling xD

Years
  • My god, yeah, that's a lot for such a short time xD
    I'm not addicted I swear! :p
    I say give it a try!
    Learning HTML/CSS is not that difficult it just takes a little practice and it's more about memorizing how to use them. Sure it gets more complex after that but don't let this thought desencorage you from getting a solid base for amazing works ^^
    I haate coding but I'm more than willing to build websites through like a premade site-builder or something lol. Aren't there programs like that which are more drag-and-drop than manual code writing?
    I don't know where you live but here in Portugal it can get pretty hot sometimes, like 40º C so i totally get that feeling xD
    Ohh Portugal. I'm from the Philippines and, looking at the world map, we're apparently closer to the equator than you guys heh. Yeah it can get that hot over here sometimes too. I'm just enjoying the remnants of winter season night chills right now before we go back to full blaring heat during Q2 of the year. Layering clothes? What is that?? :p

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • I haate coding but I'm more than willing to build websites through like a premade site-builder or something lol. Aren't there programs like that which are more drag-and-drop than manual code writing?

Yes! There are even websites that let you drag-and-drop without touching a single line of code (unless you need it badly)
    Take Wix for example - I used it a lot to make the visual part before I start programming the stuff. Since I'm an artist and I need this visual aid. At the end, you get to choose if you want to pay them and get the website all for yourself or if you prefer to use it under wix domain =)

Ohh Portugal. I'm from the Philippines and, looking at the world map, we're apparently closer to the equator than you guys heh. Yeah it can get that hot over here sometimes too. I'm just enjoying the remnants of winter season night chills right now before we go back to full blaring heat during Q2 of the year. Layering clothes? What is that?? :p

Omg, I went to check Philippines' weather...26ºC? For real? My gosh, that's almost summer for us xD

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh don't worry I'm not jealous I'll just stay in NJ and keep shoveling 32 inches of snow in 20ºF weather it's FINE.

Are you enjoying the forums so far, Catto? ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Oh don't worry I'm not jealous I'll just stay in NJ and keep shoveling 32 inches of snow in 20ºF weather it's FINE.

Are you enjoying the forums so far, Catto? ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿

Yeees! You guys are all very nice, I like how chill this place is. ^^
    Now I know why so many people have tons of posts xD

The Fairy Pokémon

Loves glitter
    Years
  • Welcome, Catto! I also like early internet forums and such. Most of them seem to be inactive these days, which makes PokéCommunity even cooler in my eyes. :D

I think most people share your passion for pokémon here, so you've definitely come to the right place.

Do you still play any of the games like Pokémon Silver?

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Hey, welcome to this awesome community ^_^

I like your username, it's really fun to say haha

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Welcome, Catto! I also like early internet forums and such. Most of them seem to be inactive these days, which makes PokéCommunity even cooler in my eyes. :D

I think most people share your passion for pokémon here, so you've definitely come to the right place.

Do you still play any of the games like Pokémon Silver?

Yep, I used to be a pokemon forum administrator myself but our community was much much smaller and eventually ended up dying with the coming of popular social networks. I've tried many of them but honestly nothing comes closer to the feeling of a forum community which is the reason why I think present-day internet is so different. I'm happy to see that we share this experience =)

I recently played Pokémon Shield and Let's Go, Pikachu. I enjoyed them for what it was but I can't stop the feeling that something was missing, I can't point out what exactly tho (besides the national dex hehe) xD

Hey, welcome to this awesome community ^_^

I like your username, it's really fun to say haha

Thank you! Yours is also a pretty good one! =D

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • hello catto! rly cute username you got there, welcome to pc~
    its really cool you're learning web development! thats a big hobby of mine too

Years
  • Yes! There are even websites that let you drag-and-drop without touching a single line of code (unless you need it badly)
    Take Wix for example - I used it a lot to make the visual part before I start programming the stuff. Since I'm an artist and I need this visual aid. At the end, you get to choose if you want to pay them and get the website all for yourself or if you prefer to use it under wix domain =)
    I'll take the easier route for this particular trade then hehe. Got so much more to learn...
    Omg, I went to check Philippines' weather...26ºC? For real? My gosh, that's almost summer for us xD
    Lmao yes that's our colder season temps :p
    Oh don't worry I'm not jealous I'll just stay in NJ and keep shoveling 32 inches of snow in 20ºF weather it's FINE.
    dang i wanna know what it's like to live in a literal fridge :p

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • hello catto! rly cute username you got there, welcome to pc~
    its really cool you're learning web development! thats a big hobby of mine too

Thank you, Xorn! ^^
    Do you have any projects?

I'll take the easier route for this particular trade then hehe. Got so much more to learn...

Lmao yes that's our colder season temps :p

I don't know if i'm jealous or sad xD
    Cold weather has it's charm that's for sure, but after awhile it gets depressive. You can't do anything unless you are dressed up to the neck or close to a heat source. Meanwhile hot weather can be all fun and games until you feel uncomfortable unless you find a shadow,a brise or a body of water.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Hi Catto! You have a really great username!
    Wow, web development actually sounds really cool I wish to learn it one day but I don't know, time restraints haha. I'm also an artist, but... Uh... I'm still learning to say the least.
    There are a lot of forums here and the people around here are really nice, so I hope you can enjoy doing what you like here and make a lot of friends.
    Don't worry too much about grammar, your English is really good in my opinion.
    So yeah, enjoy your stay! ^-^

God, I want to experience snowing weather just once... It sounds nice to experience (I live in the tropics). Granted I've been outside the country when it's snowing once in Switzerland, but I was in the womb of my mother at the time while my brother had a photo with David freakin' Beckham who was vacationing there :)))

I recently played Pokémon Shield and Let's Go, Pikachu. I enjoyed them for what it was but I can't stop the feeling that something was missing, I can't point out what exactly tho (besides the national dex hehe) xD
    Same here! I don't know if it's because it becomes too easy for me or it's because of the story, but missing some of my favorites felt really bad for me.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Hi Catto! You have a really great username!
    Wow, web development actually sounds really cool I wish to learn it one day but I don't know, time restraints haha. I'm also an artist, but... Uh... I'm still learning to say the least.
    There are a lot of forums here and the people around here are really nice, so I hope you can enjoy doing what you like here and make a lot of friends.
    Don't worry too much about grammar, your English is really good in my opinion.
    So yeah, enjoy your stay! ^-^.

Hello, WizardOfOdd! =)
    "time restraints" makes it totally understandable considering the time it takes to create an habit which is 50% of learning Programming!
    Uh, do you have your own art topic? Let me know if you need any help =)
    Thank you so much! As a non English native person it can be stressfull to write English sentences without giving the incorrect intonation.
    You guys are being really nice with the compliments! Thank you all! ><

God, I want to experience snowing weather just once... It sounds nice to experience (I live in the tropics). Granted I've been outside the country when it's snowing once in Switzerland, but I was in the womb of my mother at the time while my brother had a photo with David freakin' Beckham who was vacationing there :)))

Same here! I don't know if it's because it becomes too easy for me or it's because of the story, but missing some of my favorites felt really bad for me.

Everybody should try snow at least once in their lives!
    It really is something else, it's hard to explain the feeling of touching it. I guess the nearest you can get is to make your fridge malfunctioning creating a thin ice obstruction that resembles normal snow, but I do not advise it hehe xD

Right? I think Exp.Share is behind a lot of it, but the world building itself was not that good either. I like the new Pokémon, tho =)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Yeah! I actually work on developing PokéCommunity itself in my spare time, and I have a couple random side projects like a site that helps you build balanced pokedexes for rom hacks

Woah! This is so useful! Love how intuitive it is! =O
    I wonder if gamefreak uses one of those, I never thought a lot about it but yeah, it makes sense! If you take in too much of the same type, things may get too easy or too hard.

I don't use Discord but this appears to be a cool one as well!
    Thank you for showing me some of your projects! =D

How about you? Got anything in particular you want to try making once you've learned more?

Initially I was more inclined to web design alone (artist and all) although observing my friends programming was always fascinating to me. That's when I thought to myself "hey, why not, right? Why should I restrain myself if it's something i'm highly interested"
    The only problem is that I've been making very slow progress because most of the time I'm learning it all by myself (schools are closed) and I have to get self motivated which hasn't been easy with this whole covid situation. (but it's okay, I'll get there ><)

Since I still have a long way to go, i'm not thinking much in terms of specific things I want to do in the future. This might change soon ^^

Back