• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Caught Between Rock and the Ocean

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Hey all, this is a fic Ive been working on for a while...I have written a total of 24 chapters so far and it's still going, although I am some what nearing a close. I am in fact posting this same fanfic on a much more obscure forum, (relative to this anway...it still has over 500 members and is very busy), and right now my fic is the favorite fanfic on that forum. Hopefully you guys here can enjoy it as well! ^_^

This fanfic tells the story of a young boy named Banov (*cough*) who travels Hoen on a journey to catxch tons of pokemon...although his goals change rather quickly.

I'll update.....every other day perhaps? We'll be able to leap through the story and catch up with where I am pretty quickly then, which is what I'd like.

And now, Lo and behold.....Chapter 1!

Chapter 1
    -------------------------------
    Banov had been traveling with his family for a long time. They recently had sailed into the busy port city called Lilycove City from a region far away, and were now travelling down Route 121, a flat, grassy area just West of Lilycove City. Banov himself was a male trainer, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was a very lazy person, but he was adventurous and loved pokemon battles, especially with his trusted pokemon partner Kecleon, nicknamed Leon.

Banov had a grin wider than his face when he and his family arrived at their new home just as the sun began setting, right next to the Safari Zone, a famous place for catching rare pokemon. For a long time his family had been trying to get their business running, and today they would finally start.

His family was opening a new type of pokemon business-a pokemon breeding center. For a small fee trainers from all over the world could come and ask for a certain pokemon to be bred for them, even asking for special traits and attacks. Banov?s family hoped to some day become more famous than the safari zone, becoming the #1 place to get rare pokemon.

The only problem was, so far they could only give away 3 different species of pokemon-Dittos, which both Banov's mother and father owned (and were used to breed with any pokemon to create baby pokemon to give away), Kecleons, who would be provided by Banov's Kecleon, and Smeargles, who were provided by Banov's grandpa who lived in Slateport.

This was where Banov came in. Banov would soon turn 16, and when he did his parents would deem him responsible enough to get a pokemon license and travel the region. Banov was expected by his parents to catch as many pokemon as he could, so that they could be provided at the breeding center.

Banov slowly followed his parents into the breeding center. It was dark and a little spooky. His father found a light switch and turned it on. There was a bright flash, and then Banov could see everything clearly- Sofas around a TV in one corner, a counter in one corner with a pokeball rack, doors in the back leading outside to where the dittos and other pokemon would breed, and stairs going upstairs to where Banov and his family would eat , bathe, and sleep.

Banov quickly ran to the TV. The Hoen Pokemon League was on right now, and the final match was scheduled today! Banov grabbed the remote from the top of the TV and sat down as he turned on the TV, then flipped to the Pokemon Battle Channel.

On one side of the arena was Russell. He was well-known throughout the country for his powerful, well trained pokemon. In the center of the arena on his half was a blaziken, who has some scratches here and there, but still looked to be in a good condition. Opposite from Blaziken was a Lapras, and behind the Lapras was none other than the super-famous Wallace, probably the most popular trainer in Hoen. He specialized in water-type pokemon and it was rumored that he would apply for gym leader hood after this year's pokemon league.

Banov scooted closer to the TV. This was so exiting! Unfortunately, the battle looked rather one-sided because Russell's Blaziken was fire-type and therefore at a disadvantage to Lapras, who was a water-type.

The announcer shouted "Wow folks! With a stunning comeback, Russell has pushed through Wallace's team, and now both trainers have but one pokemon left. But this looks like the end for Russell!"

Just then Wallace shouted "Lapras! Freeze it-use Ice Beam!!".

Lapras opened it's mouth and fired a beam of white ice energy. It zoomed across the arena and was just about to strike Blaziken when Russell yelled,

"Blaziken! use Endure, and try to survive the attack!"

Blaziken raised it's arm in the way of the ice beam just in time. The ice beam struck his arm, but it ended up being frozen from the elbow up.

"This is the end! Lapras, Finish it with Hydro Pump!!" Wallace shouted with a sly grin on his face.

"Blaziken! Jump towards Lapras and use Brick Break!" Russell shouted, as Lapras gathered water in it's mouth.

Lapras fire a giant blast of water at Blaziken, but Blaziken quickly lept into the air and avoided it. Blaziken closed in on Lapras with its jump, while Lapras aimed higher in an attempt to hit Blaziken. Just as Blaziken came within range and threw a punch with it's frozen arm, Lapras tagged it with hydro pump. However, Lapras only hit Blaziken's legs-it hit with so much force that blaziken spun forward, which ended up adding power to its brick break. And thus, Blaziken struck Lapras hard on the head, shattering the ice incasing his arm.

Blaziken was blown away from the force of the hydro pump instantly after hitting Lapras. The ref ran onto the field and examined Lapras, then Blaziken. After whispering in the Announcer's ear, the announcer screamed into his microphone:

"WE HAVE A WINNER! THE VICTOR OF THIS YEAR'S POKEMON LEAGUE CHALLENGE AND NEW POKEMON LEAGUE CHAMPION-RUSSELL!!"

Banov smiled brightly. It was amazing how a trainer can win even at a disadvantage, he thought. He then turned off the TV and went to bed. The award ceremony was always boring...and it was starting to get late. And besides, tomorrow he would turn 16!

Banov woke up the next morning with his Kecleon sleeping on top of him. Banov woke up Leon and ran downstairs.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" His parents yelled as he came downstairs. Banov moaned...."how can they be so active at 12PM?" he thought to himself. After a quick breakfast, his parents provided him with a gift-his trainer card. They had even already done the honors of adding a picture of Kecleon in the card. The other 5 spaces were blank.

After a brief discussion on how to raise his pokemon, how to get food and shelter, and giving Banov a map, his parents told him that he could leave at any time. Banov was very exited though, and insisted on leaving right away.

"Oh...you've grown so fast!" His mother said, with a tear in her eye.

"Heh....maybe you'll even manage to beat a couple gym leaders too, eh? That would certainly bring us some publicity" his dad said.

Banov waved goodbye as he walked of and stepped into the tall grass on route 121. He was almost instantly attacked by a duskull. Within seconds he had already used lick to paralyze it and capture it however, and came back home in moments to give them the duskull.

"Okay, goodbye for REAL this time!" Banov said, laughing.

And so, Banov walked down to the nearby Lilycove City. He ran to the pokemon mall, and bought a huge amount of great balls and ultra balls, leaving only enough money to buy food and water for a couple days. Banov asked the man behind the counter if he should buy anything else.

?Oh?you?re a newbie, aren?t you?" The man asked

The man smiled " There's nothing wrong with that. But here, have some advice from a pro; you should probably find a way to travel quickly such as flying or riding a bike. My second piece of advice is to take a ship from here to Mauville city; although it isn't known, there is a small sea route to it. From there you should go to the pokemon day care center- there are always pokemon eggs and abandoned pokemon there which they give away for free."

Banov eyes got a little bigger. "Wow! You sure know a lot!"

"Nahh, I just read that in a book on starting tips. After you've trained some, maybe you'll want to take the gym leader challenge; earning badges helps you get a higher seed in the pokemon league tournament, and make great bragging rights. I suggest you start in Rustboro city gym-I hear the trainer there is a wimp!"

Banov thanked him for all the advice, and quickly left the mall and bought the earliest ticket to get to Mauville.

"Be back in a couple hours" the ticket man said.

"Sure thing" Banov said.

To pass the time, Banov went to watch pokemon contests. At first he watched the Smart contest, but it was boring-all the pokemon looked like nerds. So he walked over and checked the beauty contests. He got so caught up in the pokemon's marvelous bauty he forgot about the boat-and remembered moments too late!

"Augh!! Oh no! The boat's gonna leave in a couple minutes!" Banov shouted.

He dashed across the city to the dock, only to see the boat slip out of the cove and into the city.

"Nooo, come back!" Banov shouted, jumping down onto the beach and chasing the boat until he came to the ocean and couldn't chase anymore.
    "Dammit!" he shouted, "I'll have to wait until tomorrow now..."

Just then, another boat came in, coming from Slateport city. Banov walked over to the dock to get a another boat ticket, when out of the boat came his grandpa, Greg!

"Grandpa!" Banov shouted, "What are you doing here?!"

His Grandpa smiled "I was coming to visit, and say goodbye to you when you left!" his grandpa said. "Looks like I'm too late to watch you leave, but not too late to give you a special present from me to you."

Banov wondered what Grandpa could give him, and his grandfather handed him a poke ball.

Banov moaned inside. He KNEW his grandpa would get him something cheap like a pokeball-even though he now possessed more than 20 poke balls more powerful than this one.

His grandpa frowned "Oh Banov, you're not pleased, are you? You can't hide it from me."

"Banov looked to the side and said "Sorry grandpa, it's just I already have 20 ultra balls and great balls."

His grandpa suddenly gave a loud laugh. "HAHAHA!! My gift isn't the pokeball, silly grandson, it's what's inside!"

Banov looked down in embarrassment and open up the ball, releasing a little smeargle.

"Oh!" Banov said, smiling happily.

"Yes..." his grandpa said, "My smeargle went out one night alone, and, well, I don't know exactly where it went and what it did, nor do I want to, but it came back anyway with an egg. After a while it hatched, and this is what I found. But I've no use for it-at my age I can't care for too many pokemon. So, I'll give it to you."

Banov gave his grandpa a weird look, and then said "Hmmm, well, in honor of you giving me this pokemon, I'll name it after you. So, uh...what exactly can this pokemon do?"

His grandpa gave a huge grin "Anything you want it to." he said, "This pokemon is unique to very other pokemon, except for of course the legendary mew, because it learns the attack "Sketch" and can use it to learn any move that it has seen. So, with this pokemon, you can teach it any attack you want, and it therefore can become the strongest or the weakest pokemon-it all depends on the trainer. When your smeargle has finished learning new attacks, I'd like to see it-I'll treat it as a sign of how good a trainer you are."

Banov Smiled radiantly and hugged his grandpa. "Thank you!" he said.

After a long good-bye Banov knew exactly what he would teach it for its first attack. He ran back down to the beach and saw a wailmer swimming around in the distance.

"Smeargle!" Banov shouted, "Use Sketch on that wailmer, and learn how to carry me across water!"

Smeargle then proceeded to look closely at wailmer, and began using paint on its tail to color the sand. It drew with much focus, looking at the wailer and back the sand back and forth and back and forth, until it suddenly stopped, looked at its trainer, and said with a pleased tone, "Smeaargle!"

Banov looked at the sand and saw a perfect picture of the wailmer. For a moment Banov thought he was looking at a real wailmer! Banov then commanded Greg to use the move me learned. Smeargle jumped into the water and beckoned Banov to join him. Banov took of his shirt and changed into swimming trunks (not in public, but inside a nearby porta-potty), then jumped into the water and grabbed onto smeargle.

"Smeargle!" Greg shouted, and he began glowing blue for a moment, then suddenly they blasted off through the water like a rocket. After an hour and a half they caught up to the boat, and Banov Released Leon, who sat on Banov's head. Banov commanded him to use his long tongue as a grappling hook, and then slowly climbed up and onto the ship, then recalled smeargle.

A passenger quickly ran over asking if he was a thief, and Banov laughed saying that he has merely a passenger who missed the boat and used his pokemon to catch up. The passenger asked to see his pass and Banov reached into his pockets, but he quickly realized that he left the ticket in the pockets of his other pants. Then, with a startling gasp, he realized he left his backpack with his change of clothes as well as pokeballs on the beach!

Infuriated that Banov had supposedly lied and that he was breaking onto the boat without a pass, the passenger ran into the captains office and explained the dilemma while Banov tried to think of what to do. Deciding that he'd better not run, he waited as the captain came, grabbed him by the back of his neck, and carried him and his pokemon into a small cell deep in the ship.

"Wait sir, you have to understand, I left my ticket in m pants on the beach, and-"

"Ahaha! Yeah right! We'll let the police in Mauville figure that out. As for me, I don't believe a word of what you said! A kecleon is quite the perfect pokemon for a thief to have, since it can turn invisible and all!"

The captain dropped Banov and his team in the cell, then closed the door and locked it.

"You outta be ashamed!" The captain said, leering at Banov, before going up nearbly stairs and returning to his office.
    ------------------------

Last edited:

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Well, seeing as everyone has some kind of 'clichephobia', I'm speeding uo the updates to, say, 1-2 a day so that I can get to the parts where this deviates from my main intention quickly.

Chapter 2
    -------------------------
    Banov felt the ship stop rocking as they landed in a bay near Mauville City. The captain came down and silently opened Banov's cage, then grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the city.

As the captain pulled him along, Banov saw an abra levitating in the distance. "That's odd...." Banov thought, "Abra aren't supposed to hang in this area, especially not in the city..."

Upon spotting him, the abra zoomed over, almost crashing into Banov. "Abra!" it screamed.

The captain turned and saw the Abra. "Shoo! Shoo! You don't want THIS loser as an owner!" the captain said, pushing the abra aside.

The abra got very, very angry, and hit the captain with a psychic blast. The captain fell over and almost pulled Banov down too, but let go before Banov fell.

The abra came back and snuggled with Banov, soothingly saying "Aaaaaabraaaaa...."

By now the captain was thoroughly ticked off, but decided he couldn't stop this abra. "Fine!" he said, "but you'll be leaving this trainer's care soon when his license is revoked!"

Of course, the captain was even more ticked off when Banov's story was proved true by a call to the lost and found at the beach once they arrived the police station. The captain, gritting his teeth, stomped away, giving Banov an angry look and a hesitant, "I'm sorry".

Banov soon left the police station and got a good look at Mauville City. There were many large buildings scattered about the city, as well as a few small houses and shops. Banov was on the North-Eastern Edge of Mauville, and he knew that the way to the daycare center was to the west.

Banov navigated through the buildings, looking around for a route to the West. Soon he came upon a street that he saw in the distance lead out to the west, and so he followed it onto Route 117.

The Route was beautiful. The grass was a deep green, and there seemed to be beds of colorful flowers and trees blooming everywhere. There were marathon runners running around a grove of trees, and small children running to different flowers and blissfully sniffing each one, enjoying fantastic scent.

Seeing them made Banov realize how delicious the air was. It tasted good to take a deep breathe and sigh, as he took in the smells from all the wonderful flowers.

For a moment he dazed off, taking in the beautiful atmosphere, but he remembered why he was here, and began looking around for the daycare center. Sure enough, he found it.

It resembled the pokemon Breeding Center, with all the pokemon corals. However, there weren't as many. Banov could see pokemon of different sizes and colors playing together with a ball, obviously enjoying the wonderful air as much as Banov was.

Banov approached the center and entered, upset to leave the beautiful scents and colorful flowers.

"Hello" an old lady said, sitting at a nearby counter, "are you here to drop off some pokemon?"

"Actually," Banov said, "I hear you give away pokemon eggs here. Can I have one?"

"Hmm, let me check to see if we have any..." The lady said, and she went out a back door to check on the pokemon.

She saw her husband nearby, standing near a ditto and two other pokemon-a Lapras and a Blaziken, who they were watching for none other than the top 2 trainers of the pokemon league while their pokemon healed. Her husband was holding two eggs, and from the look on his face, something was very wrong.

'What?s the matter dear?" His wife said approaching him from behind and putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Well, it seems this horny little ditto had children with the pokemon league champion's Blaziken, as well as the runner-up's Lapras." The man said.

"Oh, goodness, but what is wrong with that?"

"Well, those two are utter rivals! They would react horribly if they found out their prized pokemon's offspring were sibling's with their rival's pokemon!"

"That?s true..." The old lady said, "But I have a solution! A young trainer just came in and asked for a pokemon egg. Why not give these to him, and then Russell and Wallace won't have to know about this!"

The old man nodded his head in agreement, and said "Good idea!" He handed his wife the two eggs and she rushed back inside.

Banov left the Daycare center clutching the two eggs to his chest, determined to keep them perfectly safe. Stopping on a nearby dirt path to sniff the air one last time, he spotted a pokemon he had never seen before, Roselia!

Banov lifted his right leg and dropped a pokeball off his belt, which after a bright flash revealed the Abra who Banov had recently caught in Mauville.

Banov dropped another ball off his belt and released his Smeargle, to whom Banov handed the two eggs.

"Awright Abra, lets catch that Roselia! Use your, um....." Banov paused for a moment and scratched his chin as he pondered what attacks an abra could use. "Errr...Abra, what attacks can you use?"

His abra cheerily yelled its own name, then teleported a few feet to Banov's left, then teleported back.

"Hmmm....so you can teleport. What else?"

The abra shrugged. Banov sweat-dropped. "That's IT?!"

Sighing, Banov dropped his final ball onto the ground, which revealed his Kecleon. "Kecleon, charge in and slash that Roselia!" Banov shouted.

Kecleon zoomed in, but moments before making contact with the Roselia stopped and seemed frozen in place.

"Huh?!" Banov shrieked, and looked closely around Kecleon. He soon realized that Roselia had use a stun spore attack and paralyzed Kecleon!

The roselia clenched its little teeth and blew a barrage of sharp leaves at Kecleon, who was cut several times and then leaped back.

Banov grunted as he stared at the roselia, making sure it didn't escape before Banov could think of a way to capture it. After a few moments, Banov turned to Abra and said, "Hey, you know what? I think that teleportation of yours could come in handy! Abra, grab onto Kecleon and teleport right in front of roselia. Kecleon, once you're in range, I need you to use our secret TM technique!"

Kecleon and abra simultaneously nodded, and followed Banov's directions. Abra teleported right in front of roselia, inside of the stun spore cloud, and Kecleon dove toward roselia, obviously a little shaken from his trip but still in good condition.

Kecleon had latched onto roselia before the spore could take hold of its body, and it used the technique Banov had taught it via TM long ago in his childhood-Skill Swap!

Kecleon glowed, and roselia soon began glowing as well. For a moment both pokemon yelled, and then the glow dampened. However, the tide had changed. The spores that had been coming from Roselia's body were now spouting from Kecleon, and Roselia was frozen in place.

Banov laughed, and reached into his bag for a pokeball.....

And then gasped and shouted as he realized his bag was still on the beach.

Clenching his teeth, Banov was forced to recall his team and picked up his eggs as the Roselia scurried away.

"Looks like I'll have trouble with my quest unless I get my bag back. I can't even buy any pokeballs now because all my money is in my bag. And I can't bet money on battles to make money, because I don't have any money on me to bet!"

Banov sighed and walked toward Mauville, planning his boat trip back, and then stopped as he realized that his situation was worse than he had realized. He would be in a very bad position if he ended up back on the boat with that darn sea captain who had Banov on the top of his list of enemies.

The only way Banov could get back home with almost guaranteed safety was to travel, by foot, all the way around the coast and back to the beach. The very thought of having to cover all that ground by foot made Banov groan in despair, but it was his best bet.

Banov trudged back to Mauville, ceasing to notice the nice smelling air around him.

Soon after re-arriving in Mauville, his two eggs hatched: One was a red chick pokemon, Torchic, while the other was a beautiful Lapras only about twice the size of Torchic (Which is extremely small for a Lapras, but being a newborn does that to you.)

Banov came to the North-Eastern edge of the city and saw two paths; one leading North to the desert and Volcano, and one leading farther East that led to the land of rain, through which he would have to go through to get back to Route 121, then Lilycove, and the beach again.

Thinking of the treacherous walk made Banov give a horrible groan worse than before, but the sea captain scared him more, and he walked off to the eastern path.

Right then, Abra popped out of its ball and flew in front of Banov, stopping his progress.

"Abra...move..." Banov said, not sure whether to be happy or sad Abra wanted to take a different route.

Abra pointed at the northern route and grunted, "Ab-ra!"

"No dude, we're going this way..." Banov said, pulling Abra back into its ball. He took another step, and Abra popped out.

"Ab-RA!!" It yelled, pointing north again.

"No, I said!" Banov yelled back, pulling Abra back and returning to his walk, getting oftly annoyed.

Abra popped out and screeched, "ABRA!!!!!!!" pointing in the same direction. By now all the nearby people were staring at Banov and abra.

Feeling embarrassed at his pokemon's behavior, Banov said "Will you stop it already?!" and pulled abra's ball off his belt to return Abra again, but this time Abra was ready, and hit Banov with a mild psychic blast, making Banov take a step back.

At this point Banov was really pissed, and jumped at abra, ready to pin it down and tell it to stop. Abra began glowing brighter and brighter as Banov took a few quick steps toward it, and just as Banov had grabbed its shoulders and slammed it onto the ground, the Abra screamed "AAAAAABRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" and everything went black for Banov.
    ----------------------------

Last edited:

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Shoot, I'll give it a chance. ._. One of my fics is dead-on clich?, so we have to stand up for each other na? :P

There's some confusion with the use of dashes. Dashes are, in a sense, a comma usually used to set off unimportant information that relates to the sentence. Like
    From there you should go to the pokemon day care center- there are always pokemon eggs and abandoned pokemon there which they give away for free."
    That dash would serve better as a period because what he says after the dash is important. Some dashes in your story would be better off as colons. Like yonder sentence
    The only problem was, so far they could only give away 3 different species of pokemon-Dittos, which both Banov's mother and father owned (and were used to breed with any pokemon to create baby pokemon to give away), Kecleons, who would be provided by Banov's Kecleon, and Smeargles, who were provided by Banov's grandpa who lived in Slateport.
    Some capitalization problems. Like "smiled" being capitalized in the middle of the sentence. You have a good grasp on capitalization though, so I figure this is just a careless proofreading. That brings up another point though . . .

Spellcheck. You know, that think that checks your spelling on word processor? He's a good boy, that spellchecker *pats spellcheckers head*. But he's not the most reliable *slaps spellchecker*. Fuh example . . .

I lost the quote. Er . . . ^^; I swear I saw "exciting" spelt as "exiting" somewhere . . .

The point is if you do rely on your spellchecker, DON'T.

I've also heard of Hoenn. Houen too. But not Hoen.

Moving on!

You love 'em coordinating conjuntions don't ya. *cookie* :P You know, it won't kill you to make some seperate sentences either. Just saying. . . . Other than that, a pretty good variety than kept the flow flowing smoothly. Yeah.

Some description was written in telling instead of showing. There's a list of forbidden words that author's should keep in mind to avoid telling. Like the words "began" or "has" in description.

As for the actual story . . .

Now now, just because one fic is popular at one forum doesn't mean it will at other forums. It's nice to be confident in your work, but don't get your hopes up too high. It hurts to fall.

For a sixteen year-old, Banov (I spelt his name "Nabov at least five times before I got it right o_o) still has the heart of a ten year-old trainer starting his journey who gets excited while watching battles and contests though. I like it though. It shows off the innocence of a new trainer before reality kicks him in the head of the Pok?mon world.

Of course, you can tell he's old because a ten year-old wouldn't try to strangle their Pok?mon.

But then again, you'd figure that a sixteen year old would remember their stuff on the beach . . .

"Nabov" is getting Pok?mon rather quickly though. o_O I expected maybe one or two newly captured Pok?mon at the most, maybe even none at all, but not four. Slow it down a bit. I know that "Nabov's" parents needs the Pok?mon, but you need to keep the fic realistic too.

Those were some fast hatching eggs, especially for a Torchic and Lapras.

That's one hell of a cheery Abra IMO. o.o But it also seems to be his protector too. Odd. I figured that Leon would be.

Some light humor that I adore. Well, at least like. I adore anything that's the slightest bit funny really. :P I like the part where "Nabov" tried to get Abra to battle. And er, the ditto part too. A bit blunt though haha.

How come Naboo (that's my nickname for him now hehe) couldn't just surf back again using Smeargle (or is its nickname Greg?) He could of gotten his stuff and things wouldn't of been as complicated as it is now.

Of course, that wouldn't of made the fic that it is today now would it?

On a random note, Naboo sounds like a cookie.

LaTeR dAyZ!

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Breezy said:
    Shoot, I'll give it a chance. ._. One of my fics is dead-on clich?, so we have to stand up for each other na? :P

There's some confusion with the use of dashes. Dashes are, in a sense, a comma usually used to set off unimportant information that relates to the sentence. Like
    That dash would serve better as a period because what he says after the dash is important. Some dashes in your story would be better off as colons. Like yonder sentence

Some capitalization problems. Like "smiled" being capitalized in the middle of the sentence. You have a good grasp on capitalization though, so I figure this is just a careless proofreading. That brings up another point though . . .

Spellcheck. You know, that think that checks your spelling on word processor? He's a good boy, that spellchecker *pats spellcheckers head*. But he's not the most reliable *slaps spellchecker*. Fuh example . . .

I lost the quote. Er . . . ^^; I swear I saw "exciting" spelt as "exiting" somewhere . . .

The point is if you do rely on your spellchecker, DON'T.

I've also heard of Hoenn. Houen too. But not Hoen.

Moving on!

You love 'em coordinating conjuntions don't ya. *cookie* :P You know, it won't kill you to make some seperate sentences either. Just saying. . . . Other than that, a pretty good variety than kept the flow flowing smoothly. Yeah.

Some description was written in telling instead of showing. There's a list of forbidden words that author's should keep in mind to avoid telling. Like the words "began" or "has" in description.

As for the actual story . . .

Now now, just because one fic is popular at one forum doesn't mean it will at other forums. It's nice to be confident in your work, but don't get your hopes up too high. It hurts to fall.

For a sixteen year-old, Banov (I spelt his name "Nabov at least five times before I got it right o_o) still has the heart of a ten year-old trainer starting his journey who gets excited while watching battles and contests though. I like it though. It shows off the innocence of a new trainer before reality kicks him in the head of the Pok?mon world.

Of course, you can tell he's old because a ten year-old wouldn't try to strangle their Pok?mon.

But then again, you'd figure that a sixteen year old would remember their stuff on the beach . . .

"Nabov" is getting Pok?mon rather quickly though. o_O I expected maybe one or two newly captured Pok?mon at the most, maybe even none at all, but not four. Slow it down a bit. I know that "Nabov's" parents needs the Pok?mon, but you need to keep the fic realistic too.

Those were some fast hatching eggs, especially for a Torchic and Lapras.

That's one hell of a cheery Abra IMO. o.o But it also seems to be his protector too. Odd. I figured that Leon would be.

Some light humor that I adore. Well, at least like. I adore anything that's the slightest bit funny really. :P I like the part where "Nabov" tried to get Abra to battle. And er, the ditto part too. A bit blunt though haha.

How come Naboo (that's my nickname for him now hehe) couldn't just surf back again using Smeargle (or is its nickname Greg?) He could of gotten his stuff and things wouldn't of been as complicated as it is now.

Of course, that wouldn't of made the fic that it is today now would it?

On a random note, Naboo sounds like a cookie.

LaTeR dAyZ!

xD
    Naboo is a planet from Star Wars...
    And, in the version of the game I have it IS in fact spelled 'Hoen'.

Yes, I do realize that he is getting pokemon rather quickly. But then, you've got to realize, he's only actually caught ONE of them on his own! O.o (Then again, I'm talking about Leon, so...you could always say that his parents caught it for him or someting. I'm leaving it up to your imagination, I suppose.)

Abra...protecting Banov? Not neccessarily, Although I'm vague as to what exactly it's doing to him until the next chapter (Which I belive I WILL in fact post TONIGHT, since it is the beginning of this fic's deviation from cliches.)

Grammar mistakes did, as you half-guessed, come from rather absentmindedly running spell check and holding my mouse over the 'ignore' button xD.

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Chapter 3
    -----------------------------
    The next few hours may have been the strangest in Banov's life. Everything around him was black, and he could hear his own breathing very loudly as though his hands were on his ears (try it yourself), and he felt almost a second presence in his mind-it felt like abra, but there something else there, an aura of mighty power, unlike anything Banov had ever felt....

He felt that his body was moving on its own, and he soon relaxed and ceased to resist whatever was happening. He wasn't sure what his body was doing, but he didn't care anymore. He only hoped he would awaken soon.

After a seemingly endless time, he could see again. He was in a pokemon center! He hadn't been trying to stand up however, and thus collapsed right on the floor. He soon felt that his legs were tired, and his stomach was extremely hungry.

He turned his head and saw abra on the ground beside him, wheezing and panting. Banov would have yelled at it, but he felt so tired....he could barely move.

A kind man came and helped Banov to his feet, and lead him to the front desk where abra and Banov's other pokemon were put into the back room where they would rest for the night.

Banov, after assuring his pokemon were safe, turned to the nurse and said "Hey, uh, do you think you can help me? My abra has been acting up, and I need some help on what's wrong with him."

"Ah, well you're in luck!" The nurse said, grinning. "You see, you happen to be in Fallabor town-" (Banov gasped) "-which is the only town in Hoen with a pokemon center that supports PIM, or Pokemon Instant Messenger."

"Oh really? What's that?" Banov said, leaning closer.

"With PIM, trainers can sign onto chat rooms and talk to each other. According to this electronic list on my computer, the Psychic gym leader from Kanto, Sabrina, is currently signed on, so I'm sure she could help!"

Banov thanked the nurse and ran to the nearest PC. He logged onto the PIM, and the following conversation went like this:

Banov: Hey, is Sabrina there? I'm having some Psychic pokemon troubles.

SAbRiNa: Yeah I'm here Banov let's goto a private chat

SaBrInA and Banov are in a private Chat.

SaBrInA: So whts up?

Banov: (Banov explained everything that happened)

SaBrInA: Well it sounds like your abra possessed you.....

Banov: Possessed me?

SaBrInA: Yeah, its uncommon, but it has happened before. Ho did you and abra meet?

Banov: Now that you mention it, it was sort of weird...the abra just saw me and then started cuddling with me and wouldn't leave....

SaBrInA: That explains it.....someone must have sent the abra to possess you, and have you go wherever that trainer needed you to go.

Banov: Oh, really?! Wow, thanks for telling me...I guess I ought to try and find out why someone wants me here.....

SaBrInA: Good luck dude

Misty has entered the room!

Misty: Hey Sabrina we're good for lunch on friday right?

SaBrInA: Yah of course Missy xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Misty: k bye

GarySucks26 has entered the room.

SaBrInA has left the room

Misty has left the room

Garysucks26: Oh Misty left... :/

Banov: Who're you?

Garysucks26: Just someone. Hey, you want to trade something for an aerodactyl?

Banov: Oh, uh, sure! But how?

Garysucks26: Just upload the pokemon you want to trade, and I'll do the rest.

Banov: Is a smeargle ok?

Garysucks26: Yeah sure dude!

Banov then minimized the chat window and accessed his parents PC. He withdrew one of the many smeargle they had at the breeding center, then uploaded it into the chat program.

Banov: Ready!

Garysucks26: k h/o

Garysucks26 wants to trade Aerodactyl for Smeargle!

Banov accepts

Trading.........

Trade complete!

Banov: Thank u so much!

Garysucks26: np dude

Banov logged off

Banov logged off the PIM program and searched the walls for a clock. He finally found one above the entrance, and it read 11:46 PM.

He yawned and stretched his hands into the air, then found his way to the top floor where he found a cozy room and laid down in the soft bed............

Banov woke with a start when his Smeargle leapt onto his bed and sat on Banov's back, while Torchic and Kecleon sat beside his head and Abra floated around aimlessly in Banov's room.

Banov looked out a nearby window and saw that the sun was up a quarter of the sky. He rolled over and picked smeargle off his bed, then stretched one more time before sliding off his bed and dragging his feet down stairs and to the pokemon center's kitchen.

After breakfast, Banov left the center and got a good look at what Fallabor looked like.

The Northern and Southern sides of the town had steep cliffs at the edges, and wedged in the little canyon was Fallabor. The eastern edge of town lead to a route covered by ash from a volcano, while the West end opened up to another route that lead who-knows-where. The canyon walls as well as rocky ground were a reddish-orange color, and there were cactus-like plants growing here and there.

Banov began trotting around town talking to the locals, searching for a recreational activity Fallabor had to offer. One man replied, saying "if you're looking for a fun trek, why not hike out to Meteor Falls? There are many trainers that hang out in and around the falls, and the view of the waterfall is worth the hike..."

Banov thanked him and checked his map, finding that the route to Meteor falls went out the west of Fallabor. Banov followed a dirt path through the city until he came to a clearing where a small steam flowed gently toward a large mountain in the distance, which Banov identified as his destination.

Banov walked and walked across the rocky and rough terrain, constantly checking his map to navigate through the winding route that circled around the mountains. Eventually as he neared Meteor Falls he saw a trainer walking back to Fallabor.

Just as Banov and the other trainer passed, the trainer stopped and looked at Banov, saying "Hey, wait, you should turn around. Some people are doing research or something in the falls, and they don't want anyone to come too close....

Banov shrugged, and said "Well, then I'll just finish my hike anyway and turn around. Hopefully I'll capture a glimpse of the falls....."

The trainer shrugged and said "Do as you want...." then turned and slowly walked away.

Banov continued his trek, until finally he came upon his destination. It was a tall mountain, with the same colored rock as the one in Fallabor. There was an entrance facing Banov, and Banov could see inside from where he was. The rock inside was yellow-ish. He saw some figures moving around inside, as well as two men in red suits at either side of the entrance.

Banov approached them and was just entering the mountain when one of the guards put his arm in the way and said "Sorry kid, no can do."

Banov said "Pleease, I just want to see the waterf-"

"I said no can do, kid! Turn around and go please..."

Banov sighed and was about to turn around when he saw the figures inside.

A woman in a red suit with a black flame on it was attacking a short man with black hair wearing glasses and a white coat with two pokemon: one was yellow and one was grayish, but Banov couldn't identify them from his distance.

"Oh, but wait! One of your colleagues is attacking a man in the mountain, and-"

"Listen kid, I'm not gonna say it again. GO."

Banov, realizing these people were up to no good, reached for his pokeball belt and released his Abra. Holding abra's hand, Banov yelled "OK Abra, teleport me in there!"

Before the guard could respond, Banov had begun teleporting. There was a flash and Banov felt himself rushing through a multi-colored vortex before suddenly stopping and smashing onto the ground. Banov blinked and looked around, and realized he had just teleported....

"Hey! Get that stupid kid out of here!" The woman cried, turning from her victim and yelling to the two guards.

The guards gladly complied, running at Banov. One threw a pokeball admitting a poochyena, a grey dog, while the other guard released a numel, a small yellow camel. Banov recognized them as the same pokemon used by the woman.

"Alright, you asked for it!" Banov said, pulling Aerodactyl's ball off his belt and throwing it straight at the guards, yelling "Wing attack!"

The ball hit the ground and there was a bright flash. Out of the light zoomed an aerodactyl; it looked magnificent soaring at such high speeds at the awestruck guards.

It spread its two massive wings and smashed into the guards, knocking them out. It then reared upward and stopped to turn and look at Banov.

It was a grayish pokemon, resembling a pterodactyl in every way except its head, which was much more round than its dinosaur counterpart's.

It looked at Banov with happiness, then its look suddenly turned to horror as it discovered this was not it's trainer at all!

Banov, who had not noticed, yelled "Great job! Now use aerial ace and get that girl!"

Aerodactyl looked at Banov, then the girl, then shook its head and landed on the ground, refusing to battle.

"AhahahhahahaHAHAhahahaha!" The woman laughed, "I see you've got a new pokemon! Well, pokemon got in trades rarely ever report to their trainers until you've proven you're good enough for them. I hope that isn't your only pokemon....."

"Oh, it isn?t......." Banov mumbled, reaching for his belt.....

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Chapter 4
    ---------------------
    Banov reached for his belt and released 2 pokemon, Torchic and Lapras. Lapras had obviously grown overnight, although it still wasn't quite as tall as an adult Lapras.

The woman laughed: "A-hahahahahahahha, are those pokemon newborns?! If you really plan to stop be with those pokemon, then you're in for a surprise..."

This made Banov angry, and he shouted, "Lapras! Use Surf!"

Lapras didn't move at first, trying to decide whether or not she should listen to this trainer. During the wait, both numel and poochyena had begun charging at Banov.

"Come on, Lapras! Come on!! They're coming for us!!"

Lapras sighed and began glowing blue, and suddenly a huge amount of water was pulled out of a nearby lake in the cave in the shape of a wave. The wave rose higher and higher, then collapsed and pounded down on both numel ASND poochyena.

"Ha, even if they are newborns, they are good, aren't they?" Banov said, smiling, as poochyena and numel collapsed.

"Puh-lease" The woman said, "Don't get cocky now. I only have those two pokemon because of restrictions on Team Magma teams. They're my weakest two. Now THIS, this is on if my good ones!"

The woman quickly grabbed a ball off her belt and threw it forward, releasing a Small brownish-colored Dinosaur-like pokemon that walked on two legs, holding a bone in its hand and wearing a skull over its head.

"Marowak!" The woman shouted, "Bonarang!"

The Pokemon now identified as Marowak threw its bone with all its strength. The bone began spinning quickly as it zoomed toward Torchic and Lapras, but Banov was ready.

"Torchic, use flamethrower and stop that bone!" Banov shouted.

On command Torchic began blowing a stream of fire at the bone. The fire swept over it, and its spinning slowed down, but it still rushed on and smacked Torchic in the face.

The bone bounced off Torchic and seemed to curve in mid-air behind Lapras, hitting her as well. It then returned all the way back to Marowak.

Torchic had fallen backward onto the ground, but Lapras was still standing.

"Lapras, fire an ice beam!" Banov shouted.

Lapras began charging a ball of light blue energy in its mouth, and then suddenly the ball exploded and a beam of energy the same color zoomed across the field.

Marowak instinctively jumped back, avoiding impact with the beam. The beam instead however hit the ground, freezing the ground below Marowak and causing it to slip onto the ground.

"Now, chaaaarge!" Banov said, returning Lapras to its pokeball and re-throwing it to the side into the nearby lake.

Lapras moved closer toward the woman as Torchic hopped to her, and then they simultaneously fired a flamethrower AND an ice beam.

"Marowak, use Rock Tomb...on yourself! Then use strength and throw those rocks at your opponents!"

Marowak hesitated at first, but followed her orders and smashed the ground with its bone. The ground broke apart and 4 large boulders flew out of it straight up into the air, then fell and crashed around Marowak just as the beam were about to his it.

The flamethrower hit one rock while the ice beam hit another, and then the woman cheered, then instantaneously Marowak picked up the boulders with each of its two hands, and then threw the rock now covered in ice at Torchic and the one burning at Lapras.

Neither pokemon had time to react, and thus both were struck by the rocks.

"Now finish it!" The woman yelled, "Attack that pesky trainer directly-knock him out!"

Marowak obeyed and ran at Banov raising its bone, but just as it was about to throw it Kecleon seemed to magically appear on Banov's shoulder and it shot its tongue at Marowak. The tongue made contact when Marowak was only a couple feet a way from Banov, and it suddenly froze-it was paralyzed.

Banov laughed and said "Kecleon was here the whole time, waiting for you to approach me on my shoulder. You gotta love invisibility!" Then his mood changed back, and he shouted, "Torchic, finish it, Flamethrower!"

Torchic, who was still in agony after being smashed by the boulder, slowly stood up and fired off a stream of fire, although its attack was much weaker than before. However, it was enough, and Marowak took the blast and collapsed, finally fainting.

"Yes! I took down your strongest!" Banov cheered as the woman pulled it back.

"Oh, well you were ganging up on me 3-to-1. And, who said that was my strongest? Although, I do commend you for forcing me to use my ace..." The woman sneered and dropped a pokeball off her belt, revealing a green pokemon that resembled a prying mantis, with scythes for arms.

"Scyther....Hyper beam!" The woman shouted.

Scyther opened its mouth and fired off a beam of orange and yellow energy. It looked powerful but moved fairly slowly, and Banov was able to get some distance between him and where the beam struck the ground-however, the resulting explosion knocked Banov off his feet.

"Scyther, now move in and use Detect!" The woman shouted, and scyther obeyed and charged toward Banov.

Just as it came close to Banov Kecleon appeared on his shoulder again, shooting out its tongue-but scyther detected it and dodged with remarkable speed.

"Now, counter!" The woman shouted as he dodged the tongue.

Scyther spun around with the force it gained from dodging and cut Kecleon across the belly with such force that Kecleon fainted immediately, teetering and falling off Banov's shoulder and collapsing onto the ground, its stomach gushing blood.

Scyther moved the edge of one of its scythes towards Banov's neck, stopping right before it made contact.

"Now go." The woman said, triumphant.

Banov crawled backwards a little when someone shouted, "You haven't won, team magma!"

Banov looked up and saw man in a blue suit with a black water drop on his shirt standing behind the woman. On his shoulder perched a brown owl, which Banov recognized as Noctowl, Looking ready to peck the woman.

"I, Robert Michael Corkscrew, Team Aqua Admin will put an end to your villainy!"

"'Robert Michael Corkscrew'? What kind of a name is that?" The woman asked, as Banov considered using the distraction to attack Scyther. But, Banov decided against it - he was in too much danger to try anything funny at the moment.

"You can refer to me as "Bob" when you tell your prison mate how you got here...." Bob replied

"Prison-Mate? You think you've got me cornered just because you have a stupid owl on your shoulder?" The woman sneered, "Scyther, come here and show him who's boss..."

Scyther reluctantly ran away from Banov to join his trainer.

"Scyther huh?" Bob said, "Alright Noctowl, battle time! Use peck!"

Banov didn't bother to watch the ensuing battle. Instead, he turned his attention to his weak team, trying to find someone who could aid his savior. Torchic was too weak to continue battling. Lapras had sustained moderate damage and had a little fight left, but it couldn't fight very well from the lake. Kecleon was done for sure. Aerodactyl wouldn't obey him. He wanted to save Smeargle for later. So that left Abra, who was still in perfect condition and had been floating around the whole time near Banov.

"Dangit abra," Banov said, "if only you could learn some attacks, then you'd be pretty helpful right about now!"

Banov's prayers were answered, however. Because it had been on the battlefield, Abra had technically participated and thus gained experience. In fact, Marowak and Scyther were extremely powerful and gave abra enough experience to evolve....

Abra, on cue, began glowing white. Its glowing changed shape, then went back. It changed again, but went back. With one final push it changed shape again, holding its form. The glow dimmed to reveal Kadabra-Like abra, but larger, with a furry tail, and a red star on its head.

Banov cheered, then said "Wow, thank you very much ab-er, what pokemon are you?"

"Kadabra!" Kadabra yelled.

"Right, I have to remember that. Now come on, we have to help Bob!"

Banov and kadabra ran across the cave toward Bob and the woman, who were still locked in battle.

Bob's Noctowl lay, slashed and injured, on the ground beside Bob, and now a black-and-yellow porcupine (with fire for spines) was fighting in noctowl's place, running in circles around scyther, who also showed signs of battle damage.

"Kadabra, psybeam!" Banov shouted as soon as he and kadabra were in range.

Kadabra fired a rainbow colored beam out from its chest. The beam struck the woman, rendering her unconscious.

Realizing the situation, her scyther ran to his fallen trainer?s body and pushed the buttons on all her pokeballs, retrieving her fallen team into them, including himself.

?So?? Banov said, sighing, ?Errr?.why is she wearing a uniform that matches those other two guards, and what all this ?Team Magma? and ?Team Aqua? stuff??

?This woman is a member of team Magma along with those guards. Team Magma is a team devoted to expanding the landmass of Hoen. I am a member of Team Aqua, who are devoted to increasing the size of the sea?.although for now we are trying to keep this situation under control.?

?What situation?? Banov asked.

?Well, Magma is after a small meteorite to power something, but I?m not sure. That scientist-? Bob pointed to the now unconscious man in the white coat, ?supposedly knew where it was, which is way they were questioning him.?

Banov paused, taking in everything he just heard.

?I?d like to thank you though for aiding in the capture of these members.? Bob said, ?I admit I may not have been able to do it without your help. And, for now everyone is safe from Team Magma.?

Almost on cue, Banov saw a huge fireball closing in on him and Bob from behind.

?GET DOWN!!!? Banov shouted, shoving Bob to the ground as the huge fireball flew over them, colliding with the cavern wall and exploding. The resulting explosion was in fact so hot that it melted a huge dent in the wall where it hit.

?What was that?!? Bob shouted, and he and Banov looked in the direction of where that attack came from.

They saw a man with brown hair standing near the entrance, and beside him was a red dragon-like pokemon who Banov identified immediately as the super-famous Charizard.

Bob paled almost instantaneously and stepped back as he said, ?D-d-Dave?!?

The man laughed, and said ?Oh yes Robert, it?s me. I?ve come to pick up my teammates and take that meteorite.?

?Th-the meteorite? But no one knows where that is?.? Bob said, taking another step back.

?Don?t play dumb with me! We both know you have it with you now. Hand it over!? The man said, holding out his hand, ??Or else my next blast burn won?t miss!?

Banov wasn?t quite sure what was going on, but he could feel a powerful aura coming from that man that made Banov feel a little scared himself.

Banov looked at Bob to see him pale as snow and sweating uncontrollably, obviously in a struggle on what to do.

The man-who seemed to have been identified as Dave took another step toward Banov and Bob. Bob shuddered, and said, ?Alright, alright! You can take it, but that doesn?t mean we won?t come after you!?

?Hah?as if you?d have the courage.? Dave replied, catching a small rock that Bob threw to him. ?And now I must be on my way. I really don?t see the problem though-expanding the landmass will only help us in the future.?

And with that Dave released an arcanine, a large red dog with tiger stripes, who picked up is fallen team members and followed Dave to Charizard. Dave onto Charizard?s back while charizard gripped Dave's fallen comrades, and arcanine returned to its ball as Dave took off.

There was a long pause, but Banov broke when he asked, ?What do we do now?!?

?Luckily, I was smart enough to keep a tracker on that meteorite? Bob said, ?So we can find him later. But for now, we need to heal our pokemon and recruit some more members before we try to stop him.?

Banov nodded, but he still had a question, ?You acted like you knew him. Have you two met before??

?No, not really? Bob replied. ?Dave is famous among members on both team aqua AND magma. They say he?s incredibly powerful, second only to Team Magma?s leader, Maxie!?

Banov felt satisfied for now, and he agreed to help Bob get the meteorite back.

?Thank you very much!? Bob said.

?How can I stand by when someone like this is getting his way?? Banov said.

The two trainers retrieved their fallen pokemon and left the cave.

Banov and Bob exited the cave to come upon a beautiful sunset. The sky was pink and purple and yellow, but Bob and Banov had little time to enjoy it- they had to get back to town as quickly as they could.

The walk back would have been treacherous with only Kadabra to protect Banov from the wild pokemon, but luckily Bob helped him out.

By the time they were back in the city the sky was dark. The two trainers took shelter in the Pokemon Center and left their pokemon to the nurse so they could be healed as quickly as possible.

As his Pokemon were healed by the machinery, Banov yawned-the long walk as well as the battle and late hours were tiring him out?.

?Hey!? Bob said, ?Don?t get sleepy yet! We have to get that meteor back ASAP! I mean, not that I wouldn?t like to go crash myself, but we have a very important job to do!?

Banov groaned and rubbed his eyes, then accepted his Pokemon from the nurse as Bob began frantically mashing buttons on what appeared to be a cell phone, then put in on his ear and began talking?

?Er?hello?? Bob said, as Banov blinked at him then dragged himself over to a nearby couch and watched TV, ?Yeah, it?s Robert Michael Corkscrew, codename Bob. Yes, I was on the meteorite mission.

What? No, this is not a confirmation, I need backup! The magma admin Dave has stolen it, and taken it to?uh?? Bob took another device from his pocket, looked it over, then returned it to his pocket and said, ?Mount Ember!?

There was some noise from the other end of the phone, and then Bob said ?alright, sounds good. Thank you. Message ended.? He hung up, then walked over to Banov and tapped him on the shoulder.

Banov looked up into his face, ?Whuzzit??

Bob coughed, ?Ur, Banov, we got some recruits. They were on their way to Lilycove from Slateport, but they?re taking a different route and will be at Mt. Chimney in about an hour.?

?Mt. Chimney? Dave is taking the meteorite there?? Banov said, sounding a little confused.

?Yes, but I don?t know why??

Bob walked around the couch and sat next to Banov.

?Well listen?? Bob said, ?Since it seems we?re going to be partners, before we leave I think we should get a bit more acquainted.?

?Um?okay?? Banov said, ??.how??

?Here, I?ll show you my Pokemon team? Bob said, dropping a few pokeballs off his belt.

First came his Noctowl, ?This is Flaps, my noctowl.?

Then came a pink blob creature, ?This is Blob, my ditto.?

The Black-and-yellow fire porcupine came next, ?This is my Quilava, Hotshot.?

A pokemon that was basically a floating gray rock with a slightly triangular shape and spikes going up its head, ?Rocky, my pupitar.?

And last was a large blue turtle with huge cannons protruding from its shell, ?This is Blaster, my Blastoise. It?s my strongest Pokemon, and it was the water-type that convinced team aqua to let me join them.?

Banov blinked and looked over his team. ?That?s cool.? He said, ?But I only nicknamed one of my Pokemon, which is my smeargle-named after my grandpa.?

Banov then proceeded to show his entire team to Bob-Bob got an especially good laugh when he saw aerodactyl?s horrible reaction to being in Banov?s care.

After that Bob said he was happy for now, and the two trainers left the center and rushed to Mt. Chimney

O

Your Mom
    Years
    Judging by how your fic is a 'forum-favourite' I'm guessing that that forum hasn't seen 'good' fanfiction. Not saying yours isn't good, but little mistakes like misspellings can give a reader a bad impression. Oh and, somewhere in the first chapter, 12PM would be afternoon, I think you're trying to saying 12AM

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Were there that many spelling erros? 0_o ...Sorry! I'm pretty sure my typos became less as I went on with the writing. I'm gonna go and get the next chapter together and post it up in a sec!

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Chapter 5
    ---------------------
    It was not long before they reached the base of Mt. Ember, and it was there they saw their teammate.

There was a large group of Aqua members, and ahead of them was a woman wearing a matching suit, but with a large hood. From under it Banov could see bright blue eyes and slightly paled skin, as well as ebony hair, with, oddly, a few silver streaks. She looked to be no older than 16, and stood there a little sullen.

?Oh, no?? Bob said.

?Huh? What is it Bob?? Banov said, turning to him.

?It?s just?that girl there?it looks like she?s the admin Rei??

?Um?.well besides the fact that her name is really weird,? (Bob muttered ?Yeah, look who?s talking??) ?what?s the problem??

?It?s just?she has a bit of a reputation for massive mood swings around the organization. Some of our more rude members call her ?Swing-set Rei???

Of course, Bob had not noticed that Rei had approached them and heard his last statement.

?Oh, so that?s how it is?!? She shrieked, ?Rather than tell your new partner the good things about me, all you can mention are stupid mood swings! Well, I?m telling you now, if you??

Banov tapped her on the shoulder and said, ?He, uh, wasn?t talking about you, he was talking about this one girl I know, uh, yeah, weird coincidence that you two share a name??

Rei raised her eyebrow and gave him a weird look, then smiled brightly and said, ?Oh, well in that case! My name is Rei, nice to meet you!? She shook Banov?s hand?she was suddenly full of energy.

?See what I mean?? Bob whispered, leaning close to Banov?s ear soon after Rei got tired and stopped.

It was then that there was a large fiery explosion from the top of the volcano?it seemed that the volcano had suddenly become active.

?What?!? Bob shouted, ?Mt. Ember is a dead volcano! The scientists said that it shouldn?t erupt for hundreds of years at least!?

?Unless?? Rei said, ?Unless a few magma members got a hold on a meteorite to power some sort of strange device that makes dead volcanoes active??

Banov and Bob looked at her, and Bob said ?Oh please, that?s ridiculous! How would the meteorite power-?

There was another explosion, this time even larger.

?We can debate what is going on later!? Banov shouted, ?But for now we have to get up there and confront team magma!?

The trio, followed by a dozen aqua members, all jammed together into a nearby cable car, it slowly began ascending higher?and higher?

The cable car doors slid open silently, and the band of aqua members found themselves near the top of the volcano. It was very dark and the air was extremely hot, but the members could distinguish a steep uphill path, which was blocked by a large fence. The fence however had a large hole in it, and after examination with a flashlight its black, burned ends showed that a powerful fire pokemon had burned its way through the fence.

They proceeded higher up the volcano until they were standing at the top.

The top of the volcano was humongous-there was a ton of rock going around the edges, and in the center was a crater containing bright magma-which lit up the dark sky and its surroundings. The surface seemed to be trembling, like it could just explode at any time-and oh, the heat! The air was unbelievably hot, like standing in a hot oven.

There were more than a dozen Magma members halfway around the crater on both sides of the volcano. Among them Banov recognized the woman he battled in Meteor Falls. Opposite the aqua members was Dave himself, working with a strange machine.

?Alright!? Rei shouted, ?I?ll take my men into battle with those flunkies. You two need to get to Dave and stop him-GO!?

And with that the huge group charged into battle. Rei?s group split up, taking on the magma members with their pokemon. Flamethrowers and hydro pumps flew everywhere in a huge frenzy.

Banov and Bob however charged straight through the crowd of magmas and ran straight to Dave, surrounding him from both sides.

?Dave!? Bob shouted, ?This is it! Hand the meteorite back over!?

Dave looked at him for a moment, then returned to his typing- he was very focused on the machine.

?That?s it!? Banov shouted, tossing a pokeball at Dave.

There was a bright flash and Kadabra appeared, instantly firing a rainbow-colored beam of psychic energy at Dave.

Dave?s right arm moved at a blurring speed, swiping a pokeball off his belt and releasing a red turtle with a black shell, torkoal, without taking his eyes off the device.

The psybeam hit torkoal, but it didn?t seem to do much. The torkoal dumbly moaned, and Bob shouted ?Banov! This torkoal is very famous for being nearly indestructible-Dave uses it to test people who battle him!?

Dave continued to mash buttons, then pounded one final button before turning toward Bob and shouted, ?It?s too late, Robert! The machine has been programmed-in half an hour, this volcano will erupt. It will spew magma, which will cool and harden??

??expanding the land mass! Only team Magma would do something so dangerous to the country!? Bob said.

??Maybe so,? Dave said, ?But I have to hurry. I?ve got 29 minutes to crush you and your friend then retreat out of here. En guard!?

And with that torkoal blasted fire onto the ground-the fire spread, burning Bob, Banov, and kadabra?s feet. All 3 fell to the ground, unable to stand after their feet had been burned.

?This is actually pretty funny?? Dave coolly said, walking around Bob and Banov, chuckling as the two groaned, ?You two can?t even beat one of my weaker pokemon, working together!?

Banov was getting really pissed, and shouted, ?Shut UP!?, tossing his full arsenal of pokemon into the air.

Torchic, Kecleon, and Lapras all looked ready for battle. Smeargle, who still had no battle attacks, ran to Banov and cowered at his shoulder. Aerodactyl looked at Banov, turned away, then flew into the distance.

Dave couldn?t take it-he cracked up. Every single pokemon Banov had thrown were newborns or under-evolved, except Kecleon of course.

Banov may have had a weaker team, but he still had a nasty temper that was not to be played with. He ordered a full on attack from his team.

?Kadabra-Psybeam! Torchic-Flamethrower! Lapras-Hydro Pump! Kecleon-Ancientpower!?

All of his pokemon obeyed their commands, including kadabra who used psychic energy to float itself, firing off a wave of fire, water, rocks, and psychic energy.

?Amnesia?? Dave yawned?

Torkoal began giving off light, and the attacks all hit, but seemed to have little effect.

?**** it!? Bob shouted, ?With amnesia, torkoal can ?forget? he was hit, and thus avoid damage!?

Dave smiled, saying ?You sure know a lot. Torkoal, retaliate, fire blast!?

A huge blast of fire swept right over Banov, shooting from torkoal?s mouth.

?Such a shame.? Dave said, ?He was very talented.?

However, the smoke cleared to reveal Kadabra and used light screen and protected Banov and his team. In addition, Banov was standing, thanks to Kadabra healing his feet.

?Ah?? Dave said, "you are quite the trainer. I think, I?ll tell you how to beat torkoal?it?s up to your skill whether or not you can take advantage of it.

Right after using Amnesia, torkoal is wide open for attack. You must defeat in one, strong hit. Otherwise it will use ?Rest? and heal back up. Understand??

Banov nodded.

This made Bob think- ?Dave is right! Banov has talent unlike anything I have ever seen!?

Kadabra floated over to Bob, and using recover magic healed him as well. The experienced trainer stood up, saying ?Banov, I would help, but releasing my team would only hinder you- you?ll need space to battle Dave.?

Banov sighed, but trusted his team. And with that round 2 began.

?Torkoal, fire spin!? Dave shouted, pointing at kecleon.

Torkoal fired off a whirling ring of fire, which wrapped around kecleon.

?Lapras, use water gun and douse the fire! Kecleon, once free use psybeam!?

Lapras fired off a weak ray of water, which hit the fire gripping kecleon. Kecleon shouted, then released a rainbow-colored beam from its stomach.

?Amnesia!? Dave shouted.

Again torkoal gave off light, which made kecleon?s attack useless. But Banov had wanted that to happen?because now, as Dave said, torkoal was wide open for attack.

?Flamethrower, Hydro Pump, Psybeam!?

The 3 attacks zoomed side by side toward torkoal, making contact.

?Game over!? Banov shouted, ?Now bring on your next pokemon!?

?Why should I?? asked Dave, pointing to torkoal...it was still standing!

?Rest!? he shouted, and torkoal dropped to the ground, asleep. It chewed on something however, and woke up right away-with all of its wounds missing.

?Chesto berry,? Dave laughed, ?a special berry for waking sleeping pokemon. Very handy on torkoal.?

Banov gritted his teeth. He had no chance now-he wasn?t strong enough. Would he have to give this battle to Bob so he could fight for him?

?No!? Banov thought, ?I can?t. This battle is mine! If I can?t even take one of this man?s pokemon, then what kind of trainer AM I??

Banov?s determination finally paid off-powered by Banov?s strong will, torchic began glowing, then changed shape, just as kadabra had. It changed back, then changed again. It went back, then one more time it changed shape, holding its form. The glow dimmed, and before Banov stood a new pokemon.

?Combusken!? It shouted.

Banov was thrilled. Torchic had evolved! He couldn?t believe it!

Dave laughed-no experienced trainer would be that overjoyed with a pokemon evolving. It was part of everyday life!

Banov?s attention turned to Dave. Time for a little payback.

?Ancientpower!? he shouted.

Kecleon responded by pounding the ground, flinging a barrage of rocks at torkoal.

The rocks hit, but the glow coming from torkoal admitted that amnesia had foiled Banov?s attack again.

?Hydro Pump, Psybeam, and-?

Banov turned to combusken, ?DOUBLE KICK!?

Banov had of course been following the battles of the champion Russell long before he was in the championship of the league. He had always been very popular. So, it was no surprise to anyone that Banov would know the attacks of a combusken-since it, at one time, belonged to Russell.

The beam attacks pounded torkoal, but it was still alright. Before Dave could order rest however, Combusken ran towards it and began pounding it with kicks. Kick after kick after kick-it wouldn?t stop!

Torkoal stepped back, but it could not escape this terrible barrage?until finally it dropped onto the ground.

Torkoal had fainted.

Banov and Bob grinned, and even Dave gave a chuckle of respect.

?Good job?you beat my torkoal.? Dave said, ?But, attacking it physically was not too smart??

Combusken trembled and fell onto the ground?it had been poisoned.

?Torkoal knows how to use toxic, but it can?t use it with quite the skill of other pokemon. It can only transfer the attack if it is directly touched by another pokemon.

But, it is very powerful. As soon as a pokemon gets it, as a matter of fact, all nearby pokemon are infected as well.?

He tipped his head towards Banov?s other pokemon, who suddenly broke out in spasms of pain and crumpled onto the ground like combusken.

?No?? Banov said, kneeling down beside his team.

?Banov!? Bob shouted, ?Listen, the poison will wear off after a little while. I?ll take the rest of Dave?s pokemon, but I don?t want you to help! It?ll only make things worse for them!?

Bob stepped in front of Banov and reached for his pokeball belt.

?Heh?so Robert Michael Corkscrew finally shows his skills to me. I guess I should start taking you seriously?.?

Dave reached for his belt and released a houndour, a small black dog with a red snout and a rib cage on its back.

?**** it!? Bob thought to himself, ?He says he?ll take me seriously, but he?s still toying with me! I guess I have to show him that I?m not as weak as he thinks?.the hard way!?

Bob tossed a pokeball on to the battlefield as well, releasing Rocky, his pupitar. And then, he and Dave began battling.

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Oh, sorry for lack of updates. I get next to zip comments here so my fic here tends to float to the back of my mind.

Wait, why am I apologizing? Nobody reads this >.>

Bluestar Jet

Aqua Destruction...
    Years
    It's an interseting fic, but then again i dont notice spelling, only grammer ^_^. I read it, and I am hoping you post the next chapter soon.

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    *Clasps Hands*

THANK you! Now I'll go retrieve the next chapter and get it up....

Banov

Master of Kecleon
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Chapter 6
    ---------------------
    Meanwhile, Rei was having a few problems herself.

She and her men were battling as well as they could, but they were heavily outnumbered. The type advantages made up for it however, and soon after Bob had defeated houndour all of the magma and aqua members had run out of pokemon and were resorting to strangling and beating each other with their bare hands.

Rei and one other magma admin still had a few pokemon left. The admin was wearing a red jacket, which would normally have a flame on it but was open, to reveal a black t-shirt underneath. We wore sunglasses and had a ring of hair around his mouth. He wore cool boots and a strange headband with the bottom half of an eye on it. After the magma admin delivered the final blow to a few aqua members? pokemon, he approached Rei.

?What do you want?? Rei said, turning to him.

?You and I are the only ones let with pokemon to battle with.? He said. Reaching for his belt, he continued. ?I therefore consider you a worthy opponent. I wish to battle!?

?Challenge accepted!? Rei shouted, tossing a pokeball onto the ground, ?Go Fae!?

From her pokeball emerged what looked like a dainty little girl with green hair, red eyes, and a white body that looked almost like a ballerina dress. It was actually a kirlia.

?Go, Mysterio!? The mysterious trainer yelled, releasing a small yellow cat-like pokemon, a jolteon.

?Fae, Psychic!?

?Mysterio, Quick Attack!?

Kirlia began glowing a purple color, but jolteon bolted toward it.

?Never mind, Fae! Stop attacking?get out of the way!?

But it was too late, and jolteon slammed hard into kirlia. Kirlia went flying a few feet back then landed with surprising dexterity on her feet.

?Great job, Fae! Now counter with psy-?

Rei never finished command, because right then kirlia was electrocuted by a massive electric explosion. Kirlia teetered on her feet for a moment, then collapsed onto the ground, fainted.

?Mysterio always actually uses Volt Tackle instead of Quick Attack when I order him to-it?s a great way to deceive our opponents.? The magma admin said.

?Fae?.? Rei said, holding her fallen friend. Rei?s eyes lit up, becoming a different hue of blue, which looked much more determined. ?You hurt my friend!? She shouted, ?Now I?ll hurt you!?

Back with Bob, the battle was going swell. Bob had successfully downed houndour, and was now battling an arcanine. The fiery dog pokemon had managed to beat a couple of Bob?s pokemon down, but it was weakened, and soon arcanine too would fall.

?Hotshot, use Quick Attack!? Bob shouted, and the fire porcupine ran at high speeds at arcanine and tackled it, knocking it out.

?Humf?? Dave said, ?You?ve got exceptional skill to get this far. But you know what? We?ve got only 10 minutes before this volcano explodes, so I have to finish this quickly.?

Dave then proceeded to dramatically lift a pokeball off his belt. ?I?m sure you know what?s coming.? He said, and he dropped the pokeball to reveal his charizard.

It was huge, and looked even bigger up close. Its hot red eyes seemed to pierce Bob?s soul, scaring him to the core. He took a step back-it was so powerful, so powerful?how could Bob stop a monstrosity such as this?

It was then that Banov stepped forward. ?Bob?? he said, ?Thanks to the recovery magic kadabra can do and you?re stalling, my team?s been mostly recovered-we?re ready to re-enter battle.?

Bob was overjoyed when he realized he had such a determined ally.

?Yes?? Bob said, ?So let?s go!?

Bob released his Blaster, blastoise, and shouted, ?Hydro Pump!?

Blastoise shot a huge blast of water at charizard. Dave hopped onto charizard?s back, and screamed ?Fly, FLY!?

Charizard shot up into the air, dodging the attack. It flew backwards some, staying over the center of the volcano.

?Ice beam!? Bob yelled, and Blastoise followed his command, firing off a beam of ice energy. Of course, at such a large distance charizard easily maneuvered around the blast, retaliating with a stream of fire.

The Flamethrower attack missed and pounded the ground in front of Bob, but charizard attacked again, this time making contact with blastoise, who took a step back.

?**** it, **** it!? Bob shouted, frustrated, ?At this distance, long-range water and ice attacks can?t hurt it!?

?There?s a way to move in.? Banov said, enthusiastically.

?No...? Bob said, ?If we get too close it?ll be suicide! His charizard has quite an arsenal of powerful physical attacks!?

Banov said, ?Oh, we won?t get that close?in fact, we?ll be untouchable from physical attacks with my plan!?

Banov ran towards the center of the volcano and leapt down into the crater.

?Killing yourself won?t help us now!? Bob shouted after him.

Banov however wasn?t planning suicide. He released lapras below him, who fired an ice beam, into the lava. It cooled and hardened, creating a small island for Banov to battle on.

Bob now saw his logic. From there Banov could move right under charizard, and charizard could go in and physically attack him for danger of getting hurt by the lava.

But there were 2 problems. The first was the heat. Inside the crater it was unbelievably hot, and Banov could not stand it. Second, the volcano would erupt in about 9 minutes. Unless Banov finished the battle quickly, he was going to die in the volcanic explosion that was soon coming.

Rei gritted her teeth as her marshtomp Neptune followed Kirlia back into its pokeball after taking both jolteon AND her opponents metang, named Dr. X. A metang, for those who don?t know, is a Pokemon resembling a blue disk on its side, with red eyes and two arms.

Rei still had 3 pokemon on her side, while her opponent had only 2, including his giant sloth pokemon slaking who has now staring down Rei. Rei tightly clutched one pokeball, before throwing as hard as she could straight at Slaking. It landed just before it, and a white dog-like Pokemon with a blue face and scythe sticking out of its head flew out at a blinding speed, passing slaking and leaving a good cut from its scythe.

?Rikishi!? her mysterious opponent yelled, calling the name of his comrade in pain.

Rei took her chance while slaking was still off balance; ?Shade, swords dance!?

Rei?s small absol leaned close to the ground, tight in focus. Its hair stood on an end for a moment, then its claws and fangs suddenly grew and fattened a bit.

?Great, now use bite!? Rei shouted.

Absol bared its now rather large fangs and charged at slaking, who had by now recovered from its last blow. Although it now could attack, slaking was known for being very lazy; it would only react to attacks and attack back about half of the time.

Slaking yawned and stretched, laying down onto the ground, only to realize how hot the rock was right now. It leapt up suddenly, miraculously jumping over absol, before falling back down, crushing absol?s scrawny little legs under its humongous mass.

The mysterious trainer cracked up as Rei gave a yell of rage, and ran over to absol to pry it out from slaking?s foot and examine its legs.

?They?ve been sprained?? Rei said, not sure whether to be amazed, upset, or angry.

She decided to go with the latter.

?That is IT!!!! This battle ends now?go, Mystic!?

Rei recalled her absol while simultaneously tossing a pokeball into absol?s place, revealing a large green dragon-like Pokemon, flygon.

?You better be proud,? Rei said, ?because my Flygon is extremely powerful, second only to my best friend espeon!?

?Your best friend is your espeon?? The trainer said, ?That?s a little strange.?

?It isn?t strange at all!? Rei retorted, ?Lea (espeon) treats me like a true friend-she?s a better friend than I expect you to be!?

The mysterious trainer laughed a little, then said ?Your love for you Pokemon is desirable. No doubt that is what makes you so powerful.?

He took off his sunglasses to reveal deep blue eyes.

?My name is Razek.? He said, ?And I fear even if we hurry we will never finish this battle. Should we be fated to meet again, then I will gladly take you on.?

Rei?s mood changed quite suddenly; her face twisted into a smile.

?My name is Rei.? She said, ?And I hope we are fated to meet again! Now, Mystic, use sandstorm!?
    -----------------------
    End Chapter 6

daveshan

Glory to Groudon
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Hey not bad. Like everyone said, a few misspellings and grammar mistakes, but you type a thousand words or more, who cares if a few are wrong.

I like that Dave guy, not just because we have the same name. He's got a sort of alterior-motive-for-being-a-villian feel to him.

Mostly, I like the detail in the battles.

Back