• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Caught by Nostalgia?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    When I was out today looking through an outdoor marketplace today and guess what I saw? You guessed it Pokemon Red, Silver and an original Gameboy, after seeing them I simply had to pick them up and ended up doing so through impulse and excellent childhood memories more than anything else.

Anyone else gone through a similar experience?

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Umm... yeah, actually. When I heard HG/SS was coming out, I played Gold, and got up to Blue in three days. So yeah, for three whole days, I was lost in nostalgia, playing a game file that was two or so years old that was from around Ecruteak. So yeah, I say I was caught up by it.

Still not the best gen, imo, though.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Nostalgia? I never stopped playing 80's and 90's games.
    Same here. :laugh:
    Though the effect is best if you make sure to play music from the corresponding era at the same time.

Years
    well, I haven't been caught like that, (yet ironically, my youngest brother bought some N64 games just recently), but if I see an old game I dont have at a reasonable price... then we'll see.

Back