• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Causing controversy.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do you enjoy shocking people and being controversial or occasionally causing some form of controversy?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like...mildly shocking people is how to put it best. I always seem to do it with my hair. I'll grow it out really long, and then do something drastic to it (usually cut it, but once dyed it), and then I have this urge not to tell anyone until I see them in person so I can see their reactions and shock them. But it's not like a negative shock so I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to.

That's the only thing I'm like that with though. Idk what it is about my hair!

Ayselipera

I tend to shock everyone in real life, but I don't even do it purposefully to get attention I think I just seem one way when people first meet me and then end up being another once they get to know me. I guess I enjoy it because it's pretty funny to hear the same lines from people once they realize I'm not what they assumed at first.

Years
  • Go hard or go home! A little flair and gusto is never out of place. Shocking things stay with you, you remember them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I sort of enjoy when someone finds out something about me that shocks them. I don't really go out of my way to do this, and most of the things about me that might shock someone aren't things that I personally feel are all that special. So. It's just amusing when people are surprised.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I enjoy doing this sometimes - unfortunately there's nothing about me that's incredibly shocking so there are only two strategies I have:

1) Meeting somebody for the first time, spending a few hours with them (this usually happens when I have to work with somebody I've never worked with before) and then right at the end tell them I'm gay. They always lose their **** because apparently it's not obvious unless I tell people :P. Another way I go about it is wait until a sleazy old man comes in trying to talk to me about hot girls and I say "I don't know how my boyfriend would feel about you saying that, but I'll leave that between you and him" and then watch as the colour drains out of their faces and they struggle to think of something - anything to say to diffuse what is an awkward moment for them lmao. Then I smile and say "have a good night".

2) Doing stuff to my hair. My best one was in June last year when I bleached one half of my head for a cosplay thing I went to (my first and last cosplay event ever; oh my God those people are nightmares). So for six days I looked like this:

Spoiler:

and it was hilarious watching my customers' reactions as they walked in. It was even more hilarious watching my mother's reaction when she first saw it.

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • Talent - You go humble when others brag, and then you show them what you've got, leaving their mouths wide open.

My Self-Shocker.

I don't cause controversies though. I just "shock".

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    When I first entered middle school, I said I was atheist to see how people reacted. It was good fun seeing people trying to convert me, and then telling them that I was, in fact, Christian. That's as far as that went though.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I do cause some sorts of controversy at times, but usually it's out of my rashness and inability to think before I act upon something. Doesn't happen often now, but it still rarely happens.

Back