• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Caves

Caves, on a scale of 1 to 5

Votes: 24 44.4%

Votes: 14 25.9%

Votes: 10 18.5%

Votes: 3 5.6%

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    How much do you like walking around in the caves and mountains?

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • I don't mind mountians (outside) but I hate it inside caves...It slows you down, especially when you;re blazing through on your Bike and you run into a rock or something. Also, it seems that the only time I never have enough Super Repels is in caves ¬_¬

Combee

βύzz!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    I find them really annoying. I've bought like 58 Max repels to get through them. Hehe. No wonder I have hardly any coins left.... 0_o

UnreaLegendz

Ja-pan.. #44!
    Years
  • Yeah.. you also need to many HMs to get through caves like Mt. Coronet. Going back and getting Pokemon for Defog, Rock Climb, AND Waterfall is really a pain.

kickerbox

How's my driving?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    i hated caves in red version because once you taught flash it was a horrible move and they had a bunch of zubats

Years
  • Ugh, caves. Why did they create caves anyway? Does the pokemon world really have so many tunnels/underground passages? Why couldn't they just build the road OVER the mountains?

I'm sure I wouldn't hate caves so much if there just weren't so damn many of them. And like UnreaLegendz said, it takes way too many HMs to get through them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2008
    I think they are kind of cool you get to bring up your pokemons lv when they are low

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I kinda like walking through caves it just seems as though more pokemon pop up in caves. It get really annoying.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's an interesting 'challenge' for me, although sometimes the amount of wild Pokemon that have appeared?

Any 'favourite' caves? I quite licked the Ice Path one in GSC. Not to mention that you couldn't encounter anohter Zubat or Swinub while on the ice.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I think caves are ok sometimes i hate them but most of the time i like them because i like to find new and rare pokemon in them. But i do agree you need to many HMs to get through them.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Any 'favourite' caves? I quite licked the Ice Path one in GSC. Not to mention that you couldn't encounter anohter Zubat or Swinub while on the ice.

also GSC, but then the one in which you could find Ash and with the Larvitars outside

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
  • I don't like them, but I'm not exactly going to go inside one and start screaming because I can't get through or don't have a HM.

I take escape ropes, my HM Pokemon and Max Repels all the time.

I prefer grass rather than caves. You always seem to find Rock Pokemon, and they're usually a Geodude or something.

-- Dark Jay.

Years
  • Geez, everytime you go into a cave, it gets really irritating, especially if you have to waste a moveslot on Flash. And the scattered rocks and puzzles really don't help. In fact, going through Mt. Coronet should be hell.....

Years
  • Usually when I run into a cave I get irritated. I always make sure I have an escape rope so I can get out of it quickly if I have to and a ton of max repels.

They are good for leveling up though since you can't walk two steps without running into a pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Caves are great places to train Pokemon. I love them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    The various trials in the cave areas don't bother me much, and it's more exciting if you find a Shiny Pokémon there as you can't use the Poké Radar in any caves, which motivates me to go through them more ^^

On the subject of Shinies and caves.. Years ago I encountered a wild Shiny Hariyama in Ruby's Victory Road, but it used Whirlwind on me before I could catch it ;__;
    I dread going through that particular cave now...

But I have to admit, the frequent battles can be annoying somewhat. Sometimes you can't go two steps before another battle initiates @_@
    I guess using an Intimidater/Stencher/Cleanse Tag can help with that.

Years
  • i hate cave they are usless and the first thing i buy when i go into a cave is like 99 max repels so i can get in and out quick unless im traing right next to the exit at victory road

Back