• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CD Player or MP3?

CD Player or MP3

• MP3

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • CD Player

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Im old school Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Don't have a Mp3 player, I go with the CD player/walkman.

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • I don't have an MP3, so CD player
    CD Player or MP3?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'd love an MP3 player, but I don't have one. o_o;

Actually, until this year, I didn't have a discman either, so that sucked. ^_^;;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • CD player playing CDs full of burnt MP3s. *wins*

I have a CD player, but an MP3 player would be nice. It'd save me the rouble of burning and buying. (Don't yell at me, it's legal in Canada)

winnie

Long Live Guitars
    Years
  • I own both....
    Their both good in their own way, MP3's are good for when your walking around, you can just put it in your pocket. CD players are good 'cause well, their original.
    i rip music into my computer to put into my MP3 but not all the songs can get ripped into my player so there's a down side to MP3's, the amount of space in your MP3 is limited so you must have alot of space to fit all your favourite songs.
    I picked CD players as well i love it so much, i think the sound is better playing from it (even though you don't lose quality putting songs into the MP3) and mainly 'cause it's original...
    though the most useful player to me would be the MD players (Mini disc players) as their small and can hold alot of songs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I have both! The player that I have allows me to play both CDs and MP3s, but I honestly don't even know what MP3s are, lol. I only have one disc, and it was sent to me by my friend in Japan. ^_^; It plays nicely, but I still actually prefer regular CDs. Once I learn how to get MP3s or whatever then I may start liking them more, but for now... Nope.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Ability to choose what you're listening to, and see information at a glance? No skipping, and portability of a ridiculous amount of music?

MP3 players change lives. I know mine changed my life~

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • I have both, but I never actually used my MP3 player yet. And I got it last Christmas. ^^; Whoops. But I love my cd player, even though it's on it's deathbed now. I dropped it (aka I'm a klutz and I got it tangled up with the desk and it went smashing into the ground) at some restaurant in Disney over the summer and it snapped in two... but I got it somewhat back together and it still works perfectly. Maybe if I ever get around to using it I'll like my MP3 player more...

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Well I think one should realize that most cannot afford a mp3 player while a CD player is dirt cheap nowadays, hence a mp3 player's popularity isn't nearly high as the CD or tape player =\. Otherwise, mp3 players would most definitely replace any portable music device.
    Plus with my music collection quickly approaching 100 GB (I use ogg q7, and mp3 vbr formats.. and maybe in the future I might change to FLAC), organizing my music is ten times easier through a computer than a book full of cds, I learned that first hand :p.

Oh I use mp3 players, an iRiver H140 to be exact. Just the thought of carrying 40 GB of music at any one time makes me glad I bought a mp3 player.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • mp3 Players pwn CD players. mp3 files are cheaper, contain more information and some websites say the sound quality is better. My iPod ROCKS! (If it isn't broken or on charge XD) *ticks the mp3 box*

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • MP3 players are better then cd players so much more convient to just add and remove tracks. In the past I've had several CD players, I tried to open them up and "fix" it if them wasn't working properly (due to repeated floor incidents), but of course that didn't work out too well.

But now if I have a MP3 player, I proberly won't have to worry about "fixing" it XD.

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I've dropped my iPod on pavement, tile, etc. etc., and not broken it once. XD Bless my little 3rd gen 10 gig player, it keeps going and going. iTunes is a bit clumsy for organizing it, but it works for the most part.

Years
  • I don't get Ipods,who needs 10,000 songs lol,I don't even think i know of that many lol,but i might buy one just cause.

The bad thing though about MP3's is that you need a comp. and when you're in the car and wanna listen to a CD,and MP3 isn't gonna help lol,that's why i'll have both.

Back