• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celeb deaths that have genuinely made you feel sad?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Title's self-explanatory. Thread made for Nick because Nick likes celebs and he likes threads about celebs and threads for him and he likes Other Entertainment so I decided to make a thread for Nick about celebs in Other Entertainment.

I felt pretty depressed about Heath Ledger's death after I watched the Dark Knight... That was pretty much it. I've never felt too much of a connection between myself and people I'll probably never know so... no urge to cry.

You guys?

Years
  • The recent spate of celebrity deaths, if you can call it that, hasn't affected me at all. I think it's a little odd to be truly, truly sad about someone you never knew personally, especially when all you had to know them by was their public persona. I guess I felt a little sadness when I saw that the two remaining British survivors of the WWI trenches died this month, but that's it, really.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If I recall, the only celebrity death of any kind that made me feel sad was Natasha Richardson's death. I think the main reason for that, though, was because I was watching the Parent Trap the night before she passed.

I only felt anything after Heath Ledger's death like... four months after he passed. But I suppose that counts as well. So Natasha Richardson and Heath Ledger. :]

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Aliyah, a very popular R&B singer. Her death so far is the only celebrity death that makes me sad.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    You brought a great point, Nick. When I found out that Natasha Richardson and Heath Ledger died, I was a little sad. Same goes with Aaliyah, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Bernie Mac, Gerald Levert, James Brown, Left Eye(of TLC), Issac Hayes, Luther Vandross, and Michael Jackson.

Now Michael Jackson's death really made me very sad. ]: I mean man...I been thinking about his kids and the rest of the family. I am worried about them. We lost someone with incredible talent too soon. It is just not fair...not fair at all. I grew up listening to his music!! He was my idol growning up. My parents and brother knew how a big fan I was with Michael. And for him gone like that...it feels like I lost a close friend or one of my family members. ;; I miss him already and I want him back! But he isn't coming back. He is in a better place. In time I will get over it, but right now...I am not.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Any death is bad, who ever it is.

However, I haven't been sad at any of them really. They haven't really had an influence on my life.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    All of them make me feel some degree of sadness- they may be celebrities, but they're also human beings, and that life is always precious.

Walter Cronkite's hit me the most- he was the most trusted man in America for a reason. Not only that, but you never really feel like somebody like him would die. A lot of celebrities are so self-destructive these days, but somebody from a different time, who was so dignified... he had an aura of immortality and agelessness to him.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Not really a celebrity in the normal sense but for me it'd be Michael Crichton. :( He's been my favourite author for years and the day I found out that he died coincided with what was probably one of the worst days of my life so... yeaaaah that really sucked. Might've just been the added stress of the day that made me so melancholy about it though.

I don't pay much attention to celebrities though, so while I'll go "oh, that's really sad" when I hear one dies, that's usually about it. v_v

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    I cried when Billy Mays died. I've loved the man since my first Oxy-Clean commercial.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • Any death is bad, who ever it is.

However, I haven't been sad at any of them really. They haven't really had an influence on my life.

I agree, everybody gets worked up over celebrity deaths as if the were their own family members. I mean, sure, they were famous people who entertained us, but that's just it. What did they do to help your family or you?

But I was very, very sad when Billy Mays died. Same for Bernie Mac and Heath Ledger.

That's about it, really.

"Billy Mays Here, with my new product made by my pal Jesus: The Holy Towel!!"

^ lol :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ugh, I hated that Heath Ledger died. I was in total shock after I found out.. It was someone online who told me, actually. We were just chatting away, and they said, like an afterthought, "Oh, and Heath Ledger died." Hah.. then I searched it, checked the TV, and was surprised that it was true. Same thing repeated for when Farrah Fosset, and Michael Jackson passed away. Regardless of who passed away, celebrity or not, I always feel a bit sad, for the said person and their family. Yet, the only celebrity death that has ever actually made me cry, or at least got me close to, was Michael Jackson.. that was when I was watching his memorial. I'm still bummed about that, but it hasn't greatly impacted my life, I can't say. :/

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    I was sad that Heath Ledger died when I saw The Dark Knight but that's about it.

Years
  • I was watching Michael Jackson's funeral on tv with my mom and we both cried. I really cried when his daughter spoke at the end of funeral. I felt sad about it.

Earlier this year, I did a "how-to speech" for my public speaking class and I taught the class how to do "Thriller." I got a cd and saw some of his videos. He was really talented and creative. He donated to 39 charities and even donated his entire paycheck from one of his tours. He did so many good things. I don't believe he was "weird." I think he was just misunderstood. R.I.P. MJ

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • The Taco Bell dog. I'm serious.

I was upset when I heard he died...in honnor of him we had Taco bell that night...

R.I.P Taco Bell Dog

Also, Michael Jackson. You may be gone, but you will not be forgotten.

~Thriller~

anakoni

» おたくほこり`
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Michael Jackson's death made me sad. D: More so because I was actually still listening to his music long before his death, and he's not even my generation's music... XD;; I guess my mom's tastes rubbed off on me~

But no srsly. I was really upset. D: It's like... wow, he was a great performer, and now he's just gone...? ;A;

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
    Years
  • Billy Mays and Oscar Meyer D:

Billy Mays was in almost every commercial I've seen. And Oscar Meyer made Hot dogs, and I love hot dogs D:

Also, Taco Bell Dog D:

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
  • Well I thought it was sad when Heath Ledger died; the same goes for Chistopher Reeve; I still watch the 80s Superman movies that he was in, I was very sad when Richard Harris passed away as well =(. I was a little sad when Micheal Jackson died; although I was never that much of a fan of him; a fair lot of his music was pretty good.
    But in spite of all their deaths; I'm quite certain their memories will live on forever in many people.

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    Micheal Jackson really struck a chord. When I watched his memorial service and his daughter spoke, I really felt like tearing up.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I was one of the people that felt the wave of sadness from Heath Ledgers death only after watching The Dark Knight. I knew he was a good actor, but after that amazing performance, I don't know how the industry continued the same without him. Another death that really had me down in the dumps was the death of Michael Jackson. I was always a supporter of the man, mainly because of what he did for the music industry, and I got a little angry every time I saw him getting bashed. My uncle from Florida happened to visit the day he died, so for the whole day him and my dad were just reminiscing about the old days, when they would listen to his music for hours. It was at this point that I realized that his influenced not only spanned the globe, but also spread across generations. I'm happy that people are finally starting to respect his memory and his music.

Back