• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Celebi Event - Get ready to do some time traveling, folks!

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I'm surprised this thread hasn't been made yet!

Anyway, in recent news it has been leaked that the US release of the Pokémon Celebi is to be held in a GameStop event from February 27th 2011 to March 7th 2011. Other than HeartGold and SoulSilver, this event will also be available for Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum and will unlock two specific in-game events in both HG/SS and B&W.

In HG/SS, with this Celebi you can take it to Ilex Forest where you will time travel back in time and learn the past of Team Rocket and the mystery behind Giovanni's disappearance after RBG and FR/LG. When using the Transfer Machine in Black and White, you may take Celebi to the GameFreak Headquarters in Castelia City and in return, obtain a Zorua for yourself. So, you can say this Celebi will be something special to acquire for yourself. Do you think you'll get it if this proves true?

Note that this is an internet leak so further details and confirmation still awaits according to Serebii.

Update!

Looks like we got some confirmation on the exact dates for the Celebi events...finally.

In America, at your local GameStop stores from February 21st to March 6th you will be able to pick up your Celebi with any copy of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver. So, if you have all 5 games, then you can pick yourself up 5 Celebi's. :D

Also...

Serebii said:
    Several other regions have had it announced as well. In Norway, it will be given away from February 14th to March 4th in Spaceworld Stores. Spain will get it from February 1st to 3rd of March in GAME stores. Other events are to be announced soon. We'll bring information as and when we get it.

EDIT: Now announced in Holand and England!

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • If the info is correct I will getting one if I can (Most Likely) the 27th is pretty far away though :(. But I'd like to get that Zorua and complete the event in Hg/SS so I will more than likely drive 30 miles to my nearest gamestop to get one.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I asked my brother, who is currently in the U.S, to pick it up for me because I live in Canada.
    I already watched someone time-travel on Youtube and I want to experience it myself now.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Yes, yes, and yes. xDD I have been waiting for this event for quite awhile now. I was really disappointed that the US version of Crystal didnt get the celebi event, and I missed the celebi event for RSE, so I am totally excited for this one!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Now just to wait for the non-American places to announce the date of when we'll get the event! =p

Firgured this'd happen sooner or later though, so I'm not surprised whatsoever. About time Celebi has a main event.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Woo! Finally it has been revealed!

I love Celebi and am interested to know about team rockets history.

Years
  • EBgames is doing the shiny beasts event? I hope so cause I'm in canada visiting my gf and they dont have a gamestop anywhere around here.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If the rumors are true, then I'm going for the Celebi; unfortunately, I may not have access to Wi-Fi when I do.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well,I will be getting it for my pokemon platinum and soulsilver for my sister since im only a 15 minute walk and 5 minute drive from a gamestop.I try to get every event that comes out in america no matter what so ill be looking forward for this.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Any word of this coming to the UK?

No news yet buddy :/

I doubt we'll even get it D; Since the UK are always left of the list for events.

Our last event was the Darkrai promoting the 10th Movie >>

I really wanna get an event without having to trade -.-' Darkrai was rubbish! >:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Non U.S. citizens I wouldn't worry, this is for promoting Movie 13 so expect for it to be in major countries across Europe and Australia, like Movie Arceus was last year. If it is overly a concern for anyone, those who have wifi I will gladly clone mine and give them out for free.

EDIT
    @dragonomega
    Here are the events in the UK since the release of Alamos Darkrai. That isn't exactly nothing.

2009 UK Event Releases
    Movie11 Shaymin
    VGC09 Milotic
    EUSMR09 Regigigas

2010 UK Event Releases
    SPR2010 Pichu
    Michina Arceus
    VGC10 Eevee
    SMR2010 Jirachi
    FAL2010 Mew

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Non U.S. citizens I wouldn't worry, this is for promoting Movie 13 so expect for it to be in major countries across Europe and Australia, like Movie Arceus was last year. If it is overly a concern for anyone, those who have wifi I will gladly clone mine and give them out for free.

EDIT
    @dragonomega
    Here are the events in the UK since the release of Alamos Darkrai. That isn't exactly nothing.

2009 UK Event Releases
    Movie11 Shaymin
    VGC09 Milotic
    EUSMR09 Regigigas

2010 UK Event Releases
    SPR2010 Pichu
    Michina Arceus
    VGC10 Eevee
    SMR2010 Jirachi
    FAL2010 Mew

;____; Eh? D;

Why was I not informed... ;~;

I normally check quite a few sites, and I remember none of my local gameshops ever said anything.

Back