• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Celebi's Event

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    So... I already knew about this one, but never figured it out, I mean Celebi takes you back in time and you see Giovanni talking to your rival, and he is saying that he'll be back sometime to start Team Rocket again, and then Celebi teleports you again, to the future (well future of the past so it's present) and right at that moment the Radio is being controlled by Team Rocket and you are supposed to be there beating them, but you are in a cave, so... there's 2 of you? Geez, so much confused after seeing this one ._..
    That's probably why there won't time travelling any time soon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Put it this way - this is a universe in which creatures fight each other with supernatural powers such as breathing fire or psychic abilities, etc, with some legendary Pokemon established as having control over elements or even time and space. I don't think potential time paradoxes really break much more logic than those already. =p

As such I don't see it as a reason for such an event not happening again.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    I really liked the event.
    Though that might be because I love Celebi, Silver and Giovanni. It was basically perfect for me because it had one of my favourite Pokémon and two of my favourite characters in it, and gave Silver an actual back-story, and a meaning to why he was such a douche throughout the game.

Generally in all media, two of the same person being on the same frame of time/plain of time at the same time doesn't cause a paradox as long as they don't meet face to face/see each other/the past one sees the future one.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, I'm going to reference Back To The Future 2 for this one. Doc Brown warned Marty that his self from the first movie would still be there when he had to return to 1955 but if the two Martys met, there would be some huge rift in the time space continum that would result in utter chaos. Or something like that (of course 2015 Biff met up with 1955 Biff in that same movie, but...) Then again, this time around we have a Pokemon allowing us time travel instead of a tricked out DeLorean with a flux capacitor, but still, the whole space-time continum thing could still apply. Fortunately your character never goes to Goldenrod to meet their past self :P

Worst part of that event was that you HAD to have Celebi lead when you battled Gio so if you unlocked your event, you could no longer claim your Celebi as "untouched" for trading purposes. Well, that and it contradicted my fan fiction storyline where Gio had reformed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    Are you questioning the fact that there's two of you... and not the fact that Celebi allowed you to time travel? Lol

Time traveling is ok :c, but having 2 of me just messed up, imagine the possibilities.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The Pokemon world already has critters that control time and space (ohai Dialga/Palkia!) so any deficiencies arising from space-time continua or flux capacitor meltdowns can probably be explained with reference to one of the DPPt legendaries.

Indeed, if you decide to take the whole thing too seriously! :D

Back