• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cerise Island

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Does anyone know what Cerise Island (From Pokemon Special/Pokemon Adventures) was originally called in the Japanese manga?

Thank you

Also, who thinks the Elite Four really lived there? Because I don't really see them as the type to camp out on a deserted rock in the middle of nowhere for long periods of time...

Last edited:

Paperfairy

WHAT ARE U LOOKIN' AT?
    Years
    1. I honestly believe it's Cerise in both versions.

2. I do, because the E4 is cool like that. Pokémon Trainers camp out all the time, and these guys are no different.

icer

Clouded Leopard
    Years
    Cerise is a colour red. I think the island looks like the Shellder on Slowking's head, maybe a hint to the GSC generation.

Imran

Years
    nah, i think it was called 'salt' island. thats wat it is referred to in the manga thats out in singapore. sumtimes they translate the japanese words without checking to see if it was called 'salt' island in the north american translations.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    1)No idea. I don't have those volumes...yet. (all mine seem to end up being in japanese anyway.)

2)Actually, I think the Elite Four themselves live either at the Indigo Plateau, or their respective homes, (Lorelei-->Four Island) but they could've lived at Cerise Island. I'm sure they weren't too keen on buildings anyway, judging by their plan. < <;;

Paperfairy

WHAT ARE U LOOKIN' AT?
    Years
    In the manga, how could they live at the Indigo Plateau? The Elite Four was already notorious for being non-government friendly, and they're not so stupid that they'd live in a government-run building.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmm...good point. So I guess I would think they lived on Cerise or in their respective homes, Lance to Blackthorn or whatever, and Lorelei to Four Island, and Agatha/Bruno to wherever they live.

As for the name, I still don't know. Sorry. ^_^;;

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Good point, but Clair mentions that she hasn't seen Lance for forever in the later GSC episodes, at least to my knowledge, so he couldn't exactly live in Blackthorn. And I wouldn't bet on Viridian either.

On a related note, does Indigo Plateau exist in the Special manga? *Can't remember*

Last edited:
    Back