• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

chain fishing still a thing?

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
  • I'm just curious if in ultra sun if it is possible to chain fish for shiny.
    If yes, what would the needed supplies/pokemon/ability would you need to accomplish chain fishing for shiny?

Thanks for your replies :)

Syrex

Years
  • So then the only shiny hunting methods would be the wormholes and SOS battles if I am understanding correctly?

I watched a couple videos on the SOS method and it seems like my adrenaline orb will run out and then I can't use another one so then I just feel like I am screwed unless of course I'm doing it wrong which I'm 99% sure I am because I don't think I was using any certain Pokemon with certain abilities so if maybe some light could be shined on that that would be amazing and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Syrex

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So then the only shiny hunting methods would be the wormholes and SOS battles if I am understanding correctly?

I watched a couple videos on the SOS method and it seems like my adrenaline orb will run out and then I can't use another one so then I just feel like I am screwed unless of course I'm doing it wrong which I'm 99% sure I am because I don't think I was using any certain Pokemon with certain abilities so if maybe some light could be shined on that that would be amazing and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Syrex

If you want to do some serious SOS chaining, here's some things you may need:
    1. Get lots of Leppa Berries. Like ~999 if you want to do a bunch of hunts.
    2. Get adrenaline orbs as well as you may accidentally break chains.
    3. For hunts that may take longer, i.e. pokemon that call rarely, you may want something with the Harvest ability, Skill Swap + Bestow and holding a Leppa Berry like Exeggutor
    4. The hunter is usually just something that has Unnerve/Intimidate/Pressure and a super effective move, (and preferably False Swipe)

Now to chain:
    1. Get your target in battle and either send out your Exeggutor or your False Swiper
    2a. If Exeggutor, bestow the Leppa Berry then use Skill Swap. Now your target will almost never run out of HP.
    2b. False swipe the target and use an Adrenaline Orb.
    3. Now, using your hunter, whenever an ally is called, faint it with the super effective hit. This combined with the hunter's ability maximises call rate.
    4. Use Leppa Berries when you run out of pp.

Tips:
    1. Look up what moves your target has. Prepare for annoying moves it may have. E.g/ If it has sand-attack, you may want to use something with Keen Eye as your hunter instead.
    2. Be prepared for long hunts. You may need to keep your 3ds on for days if you want something like Shiny Turtonator or something ridiculous like that.

Syrex

Years
  • If you want to do some serious SOS chaining, here's some things you may need:
    1. Get lots of Leppa Berries. Like ~999 if you want to do a bunch of hunts.
    2. Get adrenaline orbs as well as you may accidentally break chains.
    3. For hunts that may take longer, i.e. pokemon that call rarely, you may want something with the Harvest ability, Skill Swap + Bestow and holding a Leppa Berry like Exeggutor
    4. The hunter is usually just something that has Unnerve/Intimidate/Pressure and a super effective move, (and preferably False Swipe)

Now to chain:
    1. Get your target in battle and either send out your Exeggutor or your False Swiper
    2a. If Exeggutor, bestow the Leppa Berry then use Skill Swap. Now your target will almost never run out of HP.
    2b. False swipe the target and use an Adrenaline Orb.
    3. Now, using your hunter, whenever an ally is called, faint it with the super effective hit. This combined with the hunter's ability maximises call rate.
    4. Use Leppa Berries when you run out of pp.

Tips:
    1. Look up what moves your target has. Prepare for annoying moves it may have. E.g/ If it has sand-attack, you may want to use something with Keen Eye as your hunter instead.
    2. Be prepared for long hunts. You may need to keep your 3ds on for days if you want something like Shiny Turtonator or something ridiculous like that.

Awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to type this out for me. Very easy to understand and follow!
    I will give SOS chaining a try in a few hours!

Syrex

Years
  • Thanks guys.
    I've encounted my first shiny and captured It!
    It was a floatzel!

Back