• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Chain Fishing

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
  • I literally JUST caught a shiny Skrelp, I'd say after 26-30 chains or so :D
    Ah god I'm so happy ;u;
    Could have been a Shellder (was hoping it would not) but it ended up being a Skrelp, which made me almost scream of joy in the classroom (yeah, chain fishing in class...) xD

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    Caught a Shiny Clauncher today. Im surprised at how varied the chains actually are. So far this is what i've caught and in how many tries.

Shiny Poliwhirl-31 Chain
    Shiny Relicanth-31 Chain
    Shiny Poliwhirl-252 Chain (yes really)
    Shiny Clawizter-8 Chain (XD)
    Shiny Clauncher- 137 Chain (today)

Ive been really trying for those shiny Dratini/Dragonair/Horsea/Seadra for currency on the GTS.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • 2nd Shiny of the day - Shellder, after 25 chains
    3rd Shiny of the day - Skrelp, 20 Chains

That's 3 Shiny in less than 4hours, knowing that I haven't been playing between 2pm and 5pm, started again to chain-fish at 6pm, and got the Shiny Shellder around 6:36pm, the other Shiny Skrelp around 6:53pm

I love it~ <3

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I've caught 4 shiny pokemon through chain fishing so far, Magikarp after 47 casts, Skrelp after 21 casts, Horsea after 31 casts and Chinchou after a big 84 casts. It's the easiest way to get a shiny, but unfortunately only with water types. For any other type you might want you're stuck with the Pokeradar and/or Masuda Method to get one.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I don't count casts as it depresses me sometimes :) I keep track of the time spent fishing but anyway I've caught:
    Shiny Dragalge - 1 hour
    Relicanth x3 - 2 hours total
    Skrelp - 1 hour
    Luvdisc - 10 minutes (completely accidental as I was merely going for heart scales)

Years
  • This is crazy because I have 3 shinys so far and none from masuda method or chain fishing. I got shiny venipede, tentacool, and gulpin... I've been suction cup chain fishing since almost the second week since xy came out. No luck

Back