• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chained: A Journey for Suvrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Day 1 ((OOC: Yes, it's still the first day...:P)

--over intercom system--

"I see most of you have made it to the train station! Congratulations! As I am speaking, the train should be departing towards the north end of the arena, some five miles away. I already know all of you are wondering where you are, so let me just tell you since--to be honest--most of you are going to die here anyways.

We are all seven miles underwater. Yep. Remember whatI said earlier: the only way out is the way in, and unless you want to be crushed or drown, you don't want to go that way. How did we manage to get down here? My trusy little Alakazam used Teleport on each and every one of you when my assistants took you away from your daily lives to have a little fun. How did I manage to build the arena underwater? Patience, luck, and a little Pokemon called Poliwrath.

Anyway, here is how the arena is laid out: the south end is home to a massive forest, as you have already realized. You all were tucked safely in a room in the middle of the forest. To the far east is a large man-made volcano. My Machamp and Poliwrath made it by shaping the ground and tapping into the molten lava underground after the ceiling was completed. The ceiling is half a mile high. The entire arena is one mile in height, half a mile of that mile is open air. To the far west is a vast body of water that connects to the outside via a tube. I funnel water from outside in. To the north is a massive city, bustling with cars, buildings, and rampant robots that want to bore bullets into your brains. The arena is square: five miles long, five miles wide and one mile high.

Some things to consider: don't fly in the open air for those who managed to get a Pokemon that can fly, like that one fellow with the Skarmory. Patrolling the air are my trusty drones, programmed to shoot anything other than me or them. The so-called "sun" is actually just one really large screen that displays, with the same intensity as if we were actually there, the day as if we were in the open air. The heat is generated through generators that put out heat equal in intensity as a specific part of the world, namely Hoenn. During the day, you're pretty much safe. It's during the night where things heat up. Robot drones patrol the streets, drones patrol the air, and wild Pokemon run rampant. That's why the note said 'survive': all these things want to kill you, and you need to make sure they don't.

Now, onto the task! The train should be nearing the north end by now and it is precisely...six fifty-five. Sundown is in fifteen minutes. By then, you need to find a specific building called The Tower. You can't miss it: it's a massive tower. Go there. It won't be easy, however as drones will be walking the streets, assault rifles in hand. You can engage them, though I advise you not.

Also, if any of you had chosen to actually fight the entire Mightyena pack, you would've received a medical pack, which will come in handy later. That, and a second train would've arrived. But too bad.

Also, don't attack the central column in the middle of the arena. That supports the ceiling. Bringing it down would be a bad bad thing. Ciao, butterflies!

TASK: REACH THE TOWER BEFORE NIGHTFALL. ROBOT DRONES ARE PATROLLING THE STREETS WITH LETHAL ASSAULT RIFLES AND WILL FIRE, WITHOUT HESITATION, UPON SIGHT OF YOU. ONCE YOU EXIT THE TRAIN STATION, YOU WILL REACH AN INTERSECTION. TAKING THE ROAD TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT WILL LEAD YOU AROUND THE MAIN DRONE TROOPS, TAKING THE LONG WAY TO THE TOWER. TAKING THE ROAD DOWN THE MIDDLE LEADS DIRECTLY TO THE TOWER, BUT DRONES ARE WALKING THE STREET. YOU MAY ENGAGE THE DRONES FOR A REWARD OR AVOID THEM AND REACH THE TOWER SAFELY. YOUR CHOICE.

NIGHTFALL IS IN FIFTEEN MINUTES.

((OOC: This is not a real-time task.))

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    "Drif-drif! Loooon!" the Pokemon said eagerly. Eli quickly went through his metal PokeDex: Number 425. Evolves into Drifblim. Baloon Pokemon. Formed by the spirits of people and Pokemon (creepy). Gets tugged around like a balloon, lovely. Called the signpost for wandering spirits, because it floats aimlessly.

"Well, you sure are an interesting Pokemon!" Eli said after a short pause.

"Driff!" it replied. The Pokemon started floating around in front of him, so lightly it could be carried away by the wind.

Good thing it's a ghost Pokemon… I can bond with it more easily. When it evolves I can teach it fl – Eli's thoughts were cut into as suddenly the intercom came on again. This time Eli decided to listen:

"I see most of you have made it to the train station! Congratulations!"

Yayy!! One step closer to my possible death!

"As I am speaking, the train should be departing towards the north end of the arena, some five miles away."

Suddenly, as if on cue, the train leached of and Eli was thrown to the back of the seat, and Drifloon through him and the seat. Drifloon quickly came back through the seat and came in front of Eli with a desperate look. Please let me back in the PokeBall! the Pokemons' eyes were screaming at him. Eli quickly drew back Drifloon, and continued to listen:

"I already know all of you are wondering where you are, so let me just tell you since--to be honest--most of you are going to die here anyways."

Why yes! I am!

"We are all seven miles underwater. Yep. Remember whatI said earlier: the only way out is the way in, and unless you want to be crushed or drown, you don't want to go that way. How did we manage to get down here? My trusy little Alakazam used Teleport on each and every one of you when my assistants took you away from your daily lives to have a little fun. How did I manage to build the arena underwater? Patience, luck, and a little Pokemon called Poliwrath.

"Anyway, here is how the arena is laid out: the south end is home to a massive forest, as you have already realized. You all were tucked safely in a room in the middle of the forest. To the far east is a large man-made volcano. My Machamp and Poliwrath made it by shaping the ground and tapping into the molten lava underground after the ceiling was completed. The ceiling is half a mile high. The entire arena is one mile in height, half a mile of that mile is open air. To the far west is a vast body of water that connects to the outside via a tube. I funnel water from outside in. To the north is a massive city, bustling with cars, buildings, and rampant robots that want to bore bullets into your brains. The arena is square: five miles long, five miles wide and one mile high.

"Some things to consider: don't fly in the open air for those who managed to get a Pokemon that can fly, like that one fellow with the Skarmory. Patrolling the air are my trusty drones, programmed to shoot anything other than me or them. The so-called "sun" is actually just one really large screen that displays, with the same intensity as if we were actually there, the day as if we were in the open air. The heat is generated through generators that put out heat equal in intensity as a specific part of the world, namely Hoenn. During the day, you're pretty much safe. It's during the night where things heat up. Robot drones patrol the streets, drones patrol the air, and wild Pokemon run rampant. That's why the note said 'survive': all these things want to kill you, and you need to make sure they don't.

"Now, onto the task! The train should be nearing the north end by now and it is precisely...six fifty-five."

Eli checked his watch. It still showed that it was one o'clock. Crap! Now I won't know what time it is… which means I'll have to take caution with my meds…

"Sundown is in fifteen minutes. By then, you need to find a specific building called The Tower. You can't miss it: it's a massive tower. Go there. It won't be easy, however as drones will be walking the streets, assault rifles in hand. You can engage them, though I advise you not.

"Also, if any of you had chosen to actually fight the entire Mightyena pack, you would've received a medical pack, which will come in handy later. That, and a second train would've arrived. But too bad.

Also, don't attack the central column in the middle of the arena. That supports the ceiling. Bringing it down would be a bad bad thing. Ciao, butterflies!"

Suddenly, just as quickly as it started, the train stopped. The speech seemed to be shorter than it actually was. Eli quickly ran out of the train, to make his way to The Tower. He had an important decision to make: what path?

He turned to his partner, who was directly behind him. "So, what do you want to do?"

((Will continue after Zimvee posts))

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Rico woke after some sleep in the train. The same, game-show-like voice started talking. Yes, the train had been moving. How long? Rico didn't really know. Rico was still really tired, but he appreciated his life and therefore heard the intercom out... Though he would've received a first-aid pack if fighting the wolves, apparently called Mightyena, he didn't regret anything. Those wolves could eat him and Sun-sun in two-three bites. Rico suddenly got this bad, bad feeling. Under water? Drones? Rifles!? And what the h*ll is a Poliwrath!!? Never mind. Probably some big, vicious pokemon that could lift weights while swimming. The picture Rico was imagining was not that beautiful. And, for a moment, he wished he hadn't thought that thought. His spontaneous line of thoughts was driven to the side when the task was announced. A Tower to reach? Now that was weird. Who would build a tower in the middl... Oh, and drones are on watch. Now, that's a different story.

As soon as the intercom shut it's speaker, Rico woke Sun-sun. When he stood up, he noticed a strong drowziness. "Wow, they really drugged me hard!" Rico said, while yawning. He started walking in a circle to wake up. After a while, the train stopped, and the g-powers made him fall. Sun-sun managed to leap to the left. Rico fell hard on his chest, and he coughed. "Ok, ok, I'm awake. Geez" He said, irritated. He managed to come out first from the train, and breathed in the fresh air. He walked only for a minute, before the road split into three. Rico, as the slacker he was, just kept on walking right ahead...

Rico jogged lightly for three more minutes, before he saw lots of yellow-gleaming "eyes". They were rectangular, belonging to drones. The drones were systematically patrolling the roads. The lights made Rico a little dizzy, but he managed to hide around a corner, in a tight passageway between two sky-scrapers. He slapped himself in the face, waking up. "Ok, Sun-sun? I think you maybe should go back. This place is dangerous, and you're a small, limbless seed. Not offensively meant, but one blast with that shotgun, and you're gone" Rico explained. Sun-sun jumped, turning around 180 degrees, and leaped just outside the corner. Then, she put one of her leafs in her mouth and played a smooth melody (GrassWhistle). Rico twitched, and almost fell asleep. Sun-sun woke him by jumping on his crotch. Were the drones having the same effect? Did machines sleep? Rico slowly tried to sneak a peak...

((OOC: @Designation_Leader: So, it's up to you if drones fall asleep...))

BibarelRoll

Ghost Type Lover
    Years
  • Sunalli and the Banette looked up at top of the train as the voice sounded again over the intercom.

"I see most of you have made it to the train station! Congratulations! As I am speaking, the train should be departing towards the north end of the arena, some five miles away. I already know all of you are wondering where you are, so let me just tell you since--to be honest--most of you are going to die here anyways."

Oh great, the sick maniac has a sense of humor. Hey wait, did he just say die? Her thoughts were interrupted by the train lurching forward, causing her to almost tumble out of the seat. She squeezed the Banette which let out a cry of distaste. "Sorry little guy..." Sunalli apologized.

"We are all seven miles underwater. Yep. Remember what I said earlier: the only way out is the way in, and unless you want to be crushed or drown, you don't want to go that way. How did we manage to get down here? My trusty little Alakazam used Teleport on each and every one of you when my assistants took you away from your daily lives to have a little fun. How did I manage to build the arena underwater? Patience, luck, and a little Pokemon called Poliwrath.

Under water? Oh great, as if things weren't bad enough already.I'm surprised we aren't already crushed by the pressure.

"Anyway, here is how the arena is laid out: the south end is home to a massive forest, as you have already realized. You all were tucked safely in a room in the middle of the forest. To the far east is a large man-made volcano. My Machamp and Poliwrath made it by shaping the ground and tapping into the molten lava underground after the ceiling was completed. The ceiling is half a mile high. The entire arena is one mile in height, half a mile of that mile is open air. To the far west is a vast body of water that connects to the outside via a tube. I funnel water from outside in. To the north is a massive city, bustling with cars, buildings, and rampant robots that want to bore bullets into your brains. The arena is square: five miles long, five miles wide and one mile high."

They even have armed, deadly, vicious robots? This place just keeps getting better, doesn't it? Oh, why did they pick me? I wasn't doing anything! I'm just a helpless little girl caught up in this mess... Well I'm not exactly helpless but I'm still too young to be dealing with this crap!

"Some things to consider: don't fly in the open air for those who managed to get a Pokemon that can fly, like that one fellow with the Skarmory. Patrolling the air are my trusty drones, programmed to shoot anything other than me or them. The so-called "sun" is actually just one really large screen that displays, with the same intensity as if we were actually there, the day as if we were in the open air. The heat is generated through generators that put out heat equal in intensity as a specific part of the world, namely Hoenn. During the day, you're pretty much safe. It's during the night where things heat up. Robot drones patrol the streets, drones patrol the air, and wild Pokemon run rampant. That's why the note said 'survive': all these things want to kill you, and you need to make sure they don't."

To this Sunalli answered out loud, "Well of course we have to make sure they don't kill us. Thanks for stating what we already knew!" Her voice was filled with anger at being trapped here.

"Now, onto the task! The train should be nearing the north end by now and it is precisely...six fifty-five. Sundown is in fifteen minutes. By then, you need to find a specific building called The Tower. You can't miss it: it's a massive tower. Go there. It won't be easy, however as drones will be walking the streets, assault rifles in hand. You can engage them, though I advise you not.

Also, if any of you had chosen to actually fight the entire Mightyena pack, you would've received a medical pack, which will come in handy later. That, and a second train would've arrived. But too bad.

Also, don't attack the central column in the middle of the arena. That supports the ceiling. Bringing it down would be a bad bad thing. Ciao, butterflies!"

The voice cut off and and the train lurched to a stop, again almost throwing her out of the seat. As the others started to get off, Sunalli followed with the Banette still in her arms. She watched some already going off and let out a desperate plea, "Hey, don't all of you go yet! I still need a partner too..." Her voice quivered as she tried her best to hide the fear that was rising deep inside of her.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2010
    -Can we still join later? I can't access my normal computer, posting from iTouch ATM, but will be able to post regularly later and would love to join.-

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Yeah, My question exactly. I just found out about this, and I'd like to join. Here's my character, just in case you allow late joiners.

Name: Richard "Gin" Cooper

Appearance: Gin is quite old. His face is wrinkled, and his limbs are thin. Though once large and strong, age has taken his size from him. He would stand 6 feet tall in his prime, but now that is just barely 5' 6", and he hunches over, leaning heavily on his gnarled cane. He wears plain brown slacks, and a loose tan shirt. He has not balded, and has white hair that reaches his shoulders. His eyes are a piercing blue, and sparkle with intelligence.

Personality: Gin is old, and has seen many years go by. He is a genius, and he was once as physically strong as he is mentally, he is no longer as strong, and leans heavily on his cane to walk. He is not helpless however, he has kept his body fit, though he hides the fact from others, as it is often useful to have them assume he is frail. His mind is one of the sharpest minds in the world, he was once famous as a grandmaster of chess, until he lost interest in the game. He is quiet, and watches events from afar, but when he acts he is stubborn and unrelenting.

History: Having once been a grandmaster of chess, Gin lived on his accumulated wealth and investments. He lead a simple life, keeping mostly to himself, reading and writing. In his youth though, he was quite different.

Gin was always a large child, and many of his peers feared him as a bully, even though he was never aggressive unless seriously provoked. He was smart too, and always got top marks in his class. He often held many debates with teachers after class, the teachers, realizing his intelligence and maturity, would never turn him away or ignore his thoughts. Even with such talent, he did not flaunt it or become prideful, but he did not hide his abilities either.

As a teenager, he rushed through high school. In only one year he graduated with all the credits he would need. His life his own, he took a few years living at home with his family to write a book. His father had died when he was only three, and Gin did not remember him. His mother was kind and softspoken, and Gin respected her and loved her. His only sibling was his younger daughter Emilia, whom he called Em for short. She was bright and cheerful, if maybe a little too loud. She was constantly begging him to play with her or talk to her or go on a walk with her, and he could never turn her down. When she was hit by a drunk driver walking home with Gin from school one day and broke her leg, Gin nearly killed the man. The only thing that stopped him was her trembling voice, pleading with him to forgive the man. Gin never could refuse her anything.

After he finished the book, he had enough money from sales to live his life as he wanted, and he began teaching himself to play chess. He found it easy, and soon was winning tournaments all over. His tactics were brilliant, swarming up the flanks of an enemy who had complete control of the center, boxing them in between his advanced pieces and his pawns. The way he played changed how the world looked at chess. Chess became his life, until he lost interest.

He fell in love. That is why he lost interest in chess. He was only 38 years old when it happened, but he was already a grandmaster, and famous worldwide because of it. She was a librarian in the town where he grew up, in fact, she was once one of Emilia's best friends. Her parents had named her after character in an old Greek myth, Eurydice. At first he turned her down, thinking she was just one more fan looking to make him notice her, thinking their shared hometown gave her an edge. She left in tears that day, and he felt a twang of guilt at what he had done. He saw her again a few months later, he was home visiting Emilia, and she came over for a visit. When she saw him, she blushed and started to leave, but then he noticed what she was carrying, and asked her to stay. She sat down, and he could see for certain that she was holding a copy of his book. He asked her about it, and she said she had loved it so much, and she had fallen in love with the author. He had used a penname, and she didn't know it was him until she told Emilia about it, and Emilia had told her that it had been Gin who wrote it. He apologized then, for turning her away so cruelly months before, and as they spoke, and met again over a few months, he fell in love with her. They were married, but had no children. They lived happily until she died three years before Gin was taken to The Game.

Your Pokemon: Magnemite

Last edited:

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    @dslaying: You can join. Just PM me your SU.
    @Rentok: Your character is too old. Crap, I should've put an age cap. Anyway, he's too old. There are tasks in this RP that require running, climbing, and fightistng, a task a near-centarian cannot possibly do. I would understand around sixty seeing as my uncle is physically fit and nearing 63.
    @Hansa: Drones don't sleep, but Grasswhistle will affect them to a certain extent. To what extent is up to you, just don't godmod. :3

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    (OOC: Well, here's a catching up on what has happened to "Gin")

Richard woke with a throbbing pain in his head. Immediately he knew something was wrong. Thoughts raced through his head.

Head hurts. Just woke up. Not in my bed. Not in any bed. Shouldn't have passed out. Kidnapped.

Then he saw the pokeballs, and a message started to play over the intercom.

"Why hello there, participants! I'd like..."

Participants. Game to him. He's running it. Kidnapped us. Probably life or death. Don't stick around to find out.

He reached out an arm, grabed a pokeball, and then got up, backing into the shadows. He looked around for a door. Seeing it, he walked around the edge of the room and left, the intercom still playing it's message.

"...and that's the one way in, but I don't..."

Outside he found he could still hear the message being played.

Must have cameras microphones and speakers hidden all over. Might as well go forward. Listen for instructions as I go.

As he walked forward, he listened. He stopped walking for a second when he heard something of interest.

"...Take the train to the...east of your position. It's about a fifteen minute walk..."

As if we knew which way was east. May as well keep walking forward. Chances are the door was facing the direction we need to go, no point in his making this overly complicated.

He tore the note off his chest, read it, then threw it away. He kept walking, and made it to the train station unmolested. As he approached the train he heard growls behind him. He picked up the pace a little and turned around as the train door closed behind him. A couple of Mightyena were right there scratching at the doorway. They had been closer than he suspected. As he watched, they turned away and went after someone else. He turned and went to the back of the compartment. More people seemed to flood in almost immediately after he sat down, but they took no notice of him. After a while the speaker came on again and the train moved.

"...Bringing it down would be a bad bad thing. Ciao, butterflies!"

The younger people all rushed off. Richard followed slowly, thinking.

A tower, and we must evade detection by drones or we die. Maybe I should take his earlier advice and partner up with one of these kids...

He stopped. There was a girl in front of him with purple hair.

"Hey, don't all of you go yet! I still need a partner too..."

He raised his cane and rapped her lightly on the top of the head, just barely hard enough to get her attention.

"Calm down, girl, and pull yourself together. This is no time to lose your cool. Now come on, I'm heading towards that tower, you can partner up with me if you don't mind walking around with a crusty old man."

He chuckled a little at his joke and started walking off along the road outside the station. Either she would follow or not, he had played his cards, time to see how things unfurled.

BibarelRoll

Ghost Type Lover
    Years
  • Sunalli rubbed her head after feeling the Cane tap her head. "Hey! Be careful with that thing..." She said, looking after the old man. He just walked off, leaving her there. The Banette looked at her and then pointed at the man. Sunalli sighed and nodded. They both ran over to the man and started walking with him.

She looked up at him and smiled. "You seemed like maybe you could use someone to help take care of you." her voice had a hint of teasing to it. She then looked at the cane. "Something tells me you don't really need that cane. But that could just be me wishing."

The Banette floated to the other side of the man, and then prodded where he had the Pokeball. "Ban, ban. Benette?" It tried to get him to throw the Pokeball by attempting to pull it away from him. "Banette! Ban Banette!"

"Hey, stop that!" Sunalli ordered firmly, taking hold of its arm. "You better behave, mister."

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
    Years
  • Alysander was already uneasy to begin with. Running away from Mightyena was almost to much for him, and now he's forced to dodge drones that can shoot him down in a mere second? It was clearly that Alysander would choose an path that leads around most of the drones. Normally he isn't too attentive, but he is very serious when he hears "most of you are going to die." "C-Come Cubone, we can't lose time." he said and walked a path that seemed save. He had no idea where it leaded to, he hoped that there will be a turn to go to the tower. Cubone walked behind him. It was just as afraid as him. Suddenly, a drone came around a corner.

Alysander froze in movement and almost wet himself. Or so he felt. But the drone went on, missing Alysander completely. Almost suffocating he fell on his knees. "Cubone?" His pokemon poked him softly with his bone. He tried to motivate him to go on. "You're right, we need to proceed." Alysander said and tried to focus all courage he had. He began to run, and Cubone followed as good as it could. It isn't far, I'm almost there. Alysander stumbled. He wasn't hurt much, and this stumble gave Cubone time to catch up. The last steps were ahead. He almost made it....

(ooc: I will go on later)

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Looks like I made a good choice.

"You're pretty observant girlie. I don't actually need the cane. Just don't go spreading it around." He turned to the Banette, "Really now, is that quite necessary? Alright, alright, I'll let it out." He turned back to the girl, "Really now, such a personality he has."

He held up the pokeball and tapped the button. It grew in his hand and then let out a twisting beam of red light. The beam left the ball and hovered in the air, then took shape and became a floating ball of steel with magnets on the side and a screw in the top.

Bzzzt... Magne-mite.

"Hmm... a Magnemite. Guess I got lucky."

The ball shrank back to normal, and Richard placed it in his pocket. He motioned for Magnemite to follow him. Magnemite followed, floating over his shoulder, bobbing up and down slightly. They found a fork in the road and Richard stopped. Magnemite kept going, turning right, but then noticed that Richard was not moving. Magnemite turned around and the magnets on its sides started to spin, letting off a whirring noise.

Bvvvvvvvvvt mite.

Must have some sort of idea about where we're going. Maybe due to all the metal around here.

"Looks like my friend here thinks it knows which way we ought to go. Let's follow it and see if it's right."

Magnemite lead them along the right fork, and down the street. They still hadn't encountered any drones, which Richard found odd. He decided to keep talking to the girl while they walked.

"I suppose you'll want to know my name then, girl. Call me Gin, everyone does." He sighed at the memories the name caused, then returned to his usual gruff self, "What's your name girl, and why did you dye your hair such a ridiculous colour?"

(OOC: If I post too often let me know and I'll hold back.)

Hansa

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Rico glanced over at the robotic beings. As they heard Sun-sun'd GrassWhistle, the glowing, yellow lights turned off. Some of the drones crashed into each other, others kept walking. Rico wondered what effect the song had on them. As he concluded that the lights were placed as eyes, he thought they also were eyes. "They're blinded" he whispered. Without thinking further, he grabbed Sun-sun and ran on his toes to the next corner between the skyscrapers. He regained his breath, as he heard some flickering sounds from behind. Probably drones regaining vision. Rico patted the Sunkern in his lap, proudly and thankfully. He knew he was ahead of the others. It was probably smart to find the others, partnering up. "Kern, sun-suuuun" Sun-sun said, worried. "You're right, that can be done in the tower" Rico replied. Rico was of course unknowing of the safe path to the left or right.

Rico saw some stairs going up in a spiral, probably used for escaping fires and such. He walked up them, and walked inside. The room pretty much empty. Some machinery could be heard through the door straight ahead. He walked towards it in curiosity, and put his ear towards the door. He didn't hear any irregularities.
    As Rico put his weight on the door, the door fell inwards, with Rico and Sun-sun after it. -Oh my god, I am going to die! Dang! he thought. He opened one of his eyes, seeing that the room was uninhabited. He got up, and saw Sun-sun looking at a big machine, producing drones. The drones were pretty human-like, but the torso was a lot longer than on a human. As Rico looked at the lifeless drone-shells, and the pieces being sucked into the surprisingly small machine, he got a silly, but genius idea...

Rico stood in front of the machine, wearing the hollow legs of the drones. They seemed to fit pretty well, though his shorts were visibly pushed upwards. He was holding a hammer. Suddenly, he wildly hammered two holes in the upper part of the torso. He had already managed to make holes for his arms, which were lower than the drone's. He put the torso on rapidly, and managed to haste the arm-pieces on too. He looked like a headless drone. He bumped the head of a drone on Sun-sun, and attached her onto the suit. "I'm ready!" he said happily, seeing through the holes in the torso. He slid down the stairs, back to the street and walked as fast as he could towards the tower, among the drones. -Probably only half of the time left he thought...

BibarelRoll

Ghost Type Lover
    Years
  • She looked in awe as the magnemite appeared. Never before had she seen one, since they didn't live around where she had grown up.

"Well, I guess we'll go this way." She said as the magnemite lead them to the right. They kept walking for what seemed like forever to her impatient mind, and still there was no site of drones. She turned her Banette and muttered. "Guess the lil' thing got lucky." It nodded, "Ban ban."

Her gaze turned towards the old man as he spoke to her,
    "I suppose you'll want to know my name then, girl. Call me Gin, everyone does. What's your name girl, and why did you dye your hair such a ridiculous colour?"

She let out a grunt of disapproval at the last statement. "Get your facts strait before making assumptions. I don't dye it this color, I've never died it this color. I spent so much time with my Ghastly at home that over time it just turned this color." She crossed her arms and then realized she had been asked her name as well. "Oh, and my name is Sunalli."

The Banette floated over to her, squeezing its way into her crossed arms. "Ban, Banette!" She smiled down at the thing and giggled. She then looked at Gin and the way he leaned so heavily on the cane. "If you didn't lean so heavily and awkwardly on the cane, no one would notice you didn't need it. Lighten up a little bit." She smiled at him.

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    He glared at her for a moment, putting on his most anger filled face he could, then he smiled. "Heh, Sunalli is it? Interesting name, that. Purple from a ghastly? I suppose that could happen if you were really close to it for long periods of time. They're part poison type I hear." He kept walking with her for a while, then stopped. "You have a keen eye for details Sunalli. I guess I'll take your advice." He lightened up on the cane a little, "How's this?"

After only a few steps, like that though, Magnemite let off a high pitched buzzing noise and floated straight into an alley.

BZZZZZZZT!

Richard picked up his cane and grabbed Sunalli's arm with his other hand, and ran into the alley after it. He held a finger to his lips to indicate a need for silence, then let go of her. He looked around and, seeing Magnemite, decided to follow it through the alleys. It lead them through a maze of alleys until they reached a locked door. Magnemite was hovering in front of the door, clearly wanting to go through.

"Looks like whatever it wants is through this door. Any way you could-"

Magnemite crackled with electricity, then blasted a hole through the door.

"That was Zap Cannon... Nice one Magnemite. Shall we?"

He reached through and unlocked the door. then he opened it and held it open for Sunalli.

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    (OOC: Well, isn't this moving fast now.)

Following her through the door, Richard looked around. They were in a small and rather cluttered kitchen. There were the remnants of a table smashed into shreds, and one of the chairs was still intact. Shards of plates and dishes that once would have been quite expensive were scattered all over the floor. There was a thick, oily substance leaking out of the sink, and coating all of the counter tops. Magnemite was floating in the doorway that lead into the hallway, the door had fallen in off it's hinges, and was splintered as if it had been smashed in by brute force. The sound of grinding gears and ticking of a clock came from the hallway too, accompanied by the buzzings of electricity. There was a drone in this house.

Gin turned to Sunalli and whispered, "I think we've come quite far from the station. If I'm right, we should be within about a hundred meters from the Tower. I'd reason to guess that my little friend here can sense the drones' electrically charged circuits, and the metal that composes them. My guess is that this is the last one between us and the tower... I think The Director probably noticed Magnemite doing this, and switched the drones to an alternating current, so it won't be able to tell where the drones are anymore, though he might still be able to warn us when they're close. Other than in a building like this though, I think it'll be too late by then. We'll have to get through this building and out onto the street, but we can't let the drone figure out we're here. Can your Banette tell where it is without being seen?"

BibarelRoll

Ghost Type Lover
    Years
  • Sunalli looked up at him after entering the room. She surveyed the surroundings with a look of disgust at the dirtiness. When she heard Gin's question, she smirked. "Well of course he can," She said lightly. She turned to her Banette and asked, "Would you mind going to see where the drone is?" "Ban ban." Her Banette replied, suddenly fading into nothingness.

It floated silently through the building they were in. It looked side to side, trying to find the drone. Suddenly it stopped at the site of it hiding in the darkness. Its yellow eyes penetrated the shadow it was covered with, the only thing giving its position. Well, that and the occasional beeping or sound of electricity and gears. Banette then turned to try and find an exit. The only other door was directly across from the drone. Banette floated over to it to see out, careful not to make any noise. It lead outside and behind any other buildings, creating an effective escape route. If only the drone was not in the way. Quickly and quietly, Banette flew back to Sunalli.

It's colors and form returned, and it spoke urgently. "Ban ban, Banette! Banette!" Sunalli looked at it and nodded. She turned her gaze to Gin, a look of panic hidden deep inside her eyes. "We'll have to fight our way out, it seems."

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    "Hmm... I think we'd better let the Pokemon handle this one. I don't know about you, but bullets will kill me. Chances are though that Banette and Magnemite will be relatively unharmed. They should pass right through Banette, and bounce off of Magnemite." He turned to Magnemite, "What do you think, can you handle it?"

Magnemite spun its magnets around in circles, bobbing up and down.

Magne-mag!

"Alright, I'll leave it to you then." He turned back to Sunalli, "So, we should stay here and let them handle it."

(OOC: DL, we are not choosing the BOTH option, or the fight option. This battle is simply flavour. We are not trying to recieve the reward for fighting all the drones. At least, I'm not. I doubt Sunalli is though.)

Hansa

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Rico, that lucky guy, was walking casually among the drones. he was wearing his drone costume, with Sun-sun as the head. He was thinking of the others, and how they were doing.
    If no one survived this, he would have no partner. Who was he kidding, everybody probably had partnered up by then. He wanted to make it through the challenges, but chances were he was going to die. But, no... he couldn't give up. What about Sun-sun?
    Rico was still walking, and was reaching an area around the tower, almost unguarded. He started walking faster, stressing towards the location. Suddenly, a drone stopped in front of him. Rico was scared. It blinked two times with the piercing lights, it's eyes. It waited.

As Rico noticed that it was waiting for him to do the same, he panicked. He started shaking. Adrenaline! His vision became slightly sharper, and he suddenly popped the head off Sun-sun, and said "Sun-sun, use GrassWhistle!". His loyal, biological friend started playing a fine tune with her leaf. Rico was not affected, the adrenaline pumping through his veins, but the drones lost their vision. Rico immediately threw of most of the steel-plates, leaving only the shoulder- and thigh-plates. He sprinted barefoot, with his slippers in the laft hand, Sun-sun in the right, towards the tower. Rico reached the "safe-zone", and finally stopped. The drones had regained their vision, and didn't notice him. He was happy...

...for a little while. A tall drone came walking. It had very long limbs, five of them arranged like of a star-shape. The limbs all ended in a half-sphere, with the flat side out. The round torso in the middle, had one red light, it's vision. Under that, it said; "Custom".
    Rico poked Sun-sun, and blinked. Sun-sun didn't understand and used GrassWhistle again. Rico heard lights flickering behind him, but the red-eyed drone didn't even twitch. "Crap" Rico said, while Sun-sun was smiling...

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • (Ok, I've signed up on the OOC thread. If you want to see my bio, please refer to that thread.)

"Where the Hell am I?" Tom thought as he got up. It seemed to be dark. Yes It was dark. He saw several people clambering in a central spot. The room was huge. His eye caught a girl with purple hair and a couple of men in the corner. What is this? Was it a dream? It was definitely a room, the ceiling is quite visible. It was the vast expanse of empty space around him that made him confused.
    "What's this?" He said out loud as he picked up the smooth Pokeball and rubbed it. It was like a worry stone. He examined it closer and noticed it was one of the older models. If you looked at it right you could see the Pokemon inside. There wasn't enough light so he slammed it on the ground.

WHOOOSH!!

A small orange creature popped out and floated around.

"Rotom!" It cried.

Tom came further into his senses. He stood up and saw the other people and a dark, cold, train on the horizon. Wait.
    He felt a drip from above. Was the ceiling leaking? He still had his bag, and what little was in it.
    "Rotom!" The creature said and floated away towards the crowd of strangers but they walked off in a room he hadn't seen before. Tom saw the creature float back and give him a unsettling grin. It then went back to the door and stayed there, as if telling Tom to come.

He did, but saw that he was far behind the others, who seemed to know what they were doing. "Rotom! Ro!"
    Tom walked on and finally ran to catch up with them. "What are we doing here?" he asked them.

Last edited:

Hansa

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Well, sorry ChrisTom... Not only does this belong in the OOC thread, but this roleplay seems to have died for a while ago -.-

Good luck with your roleplaying, though :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back