• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Chaining Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelxAntagonist

Heavy Metal FTW \m/
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    I suck at chaining...I really want to get some more shinies without hacking them. But everytime I chain, no matter where it is, I get a chain of four or five, then I run into some other Pokemon and break the chain. Grr. Help me?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Have you been following any guides? There's one in this post about it in the old DPPt FAQ thread (which I will move sometime to the current FAQ).

General gist is go for the spot that is four spots in any direction away from you (or at least the one furthest away from you), avoid spots that touch other shaking spots, never walk up (because the protagonist's head blocks the spot above you), don't go for spots of a different kind than the previous (ie the way it shakes should be the same as the spot you went into previously), and don't go into spots on the edge/corners of grass patches (because there's a chance all four spots generated afterwards will be outside of the patch and hence the chain would end). Even then the chain may break because there's still some luck in it, but I can vouch that it is possible to get to 40 as I've done so many times myself.

If you have any other questions please ask them in the Help thread sticky. Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back