• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chalenor and Mark

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
I looked around the Art Gallery for ages and came to the conclusion that if I have an art thread here, it's long dead and buried and I couldn't be bothered to bring it back.

So anyway, I present the made-up legendary Chalenor from The Quest for the Legends.

This is only my second ever successful attempt at drawing him, actually - the former not looking very good computer-colored and having a way undersized head. But yeah. Whee.

Those neon green parts actually change color with his mood, and neon green is supposed to mean that he's excited or unnerved, but he doesn't really look excited or unnerved. Meh. For those interested, they change according to RGB colors, with red being anger, green being excitement or nervousness, and blue being sadness. Then, as they mix into his current mood, so do the colors. I actually randomly made a little hue/saturation adjustment in Photoshop to make them black, which is pretty much just when he's in deep sleep. And no, they're not supposed to have any shading when they're black. They absorb all light that falls on them.

Oh, and his eye is supposed to look closed-but-kinda-not-really.

Anyway, I also made a picture of Mark (also from the fic) in a chibified-doll-thingy form. So no, he's not supposed to have a nose or mouth, he's not supposed to look like he's alive, and I know his shoes look... strange. Point and laugh as I tell you that that's probably the best human I've ever drawn.

So... yeah. Criticism welcome.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I love Chalenor!! It looks really good, Free. As far as Mark goes, it's not that bad. The upper body looks good, but the lower half and the stance he is in makes him look either feminine or homosexual. :P Haha...anywho, I really like the style you did on his head. Overall, good job.

Back