• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Oh, haha. I remember seeing that on macromeme.

Years
Hi,
I didn't find a more suited place so I'll post here :

I'm going to restart my Leaf Green for some TM's and a good Nature/IV Zapdos, so I thought I might as well do a challenge.
Do any of you have a good FR/LG challenge to recommend? (not too brutal)

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
Years
Hi,

I'm going to restart my Leaf Green for some TM's and a good Nature/IV Zapdos, so I thought I might as well do a challenge.

How about a monotype challenge? or a Solo challenge.

They are somewhat easy so you should be fine.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hi,

I'd definitely recommend the Monotype. Its definitely my favorite challenge, and due to the popularity of the thread, I'd be willing to guess its lots of other peoples' favorite as well. There's a reason for that. Challenges just don't get better than that one.

.: Symbiosis :.

The connection of two
Years
Hi,

As said before, Monotype or SoloRuns would work,but in neither of them you can use legends ...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Or a random challenge. Challenges where I don't really get to pick my Pokemon, or have only a little say in what I can use, are my favorites, because I end up getting to use Pokemon I wouldn't use normally. Plus I like to see how well I adapt. I've had some weird teams because of the random challenge, lol.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Or a random challenge. Challenges where I don't really get to pick my Pokemon, or have only a little say in what I can use, are my favorites, because I end up getting to use Pokemon I wouldn't use normally. Plus I like to see how well I adapt. I've had some weird teams because of the random challenge, lol.
I can't do the random challenge. I always seem to forget a couple of the moves and stuff I need to use. Also, I don't like training more than 3 Pokemon, so I can't do challenges that require full teams and the such. I'd be okay with people selecting random pokemon for me to solo, but I'm planning on covering all of them, so it seems like it'd be easier if I just went in order so I can keep track of them easily. GAHHHHHHH challenges are hard.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm the opposite. Gotta have a full team if possible. That in miiiiind...I have something else planned for this section soon. :) Yes, it's an event. Yes we just had one. But trust me, it'll fit well. Hopefully more people will get the emblem this time around. Lol

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I'm not very good with full teams.
I have crowd-o-phobia ...
But yay for an event!

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I don't even know what happened to me. Back in the day I used to be great at keeping all my pokemon even leveled. But now its just like "why would I train this Gloom when I can just keep leveling my Nidoking?

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
That's sad.
I'm neutral about it.
Since I like using Wobbuffett,at leas t he have to be underleveled

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
So hey, guess what.

I'm leading a rebellion against myrrhman.

We will overthrow that tyrannical "king of challenges" and we will make him weep. There shall be none glorious than the iron fist of the True King of Challenges, 649. And of course, those that serve under me. So, I say to this beautiful community of pokemon fans, or "poke-community" as you all seem to have dubbed yourself, I will not stand against this imperial might. I will not cower. I will persevere.

If you are interested in joining this rebellion, go to the monotype challenge thread and complete all the monotypes of the first generation.

It's time to shake this forum up.

It's time to make a big bang.

It's time...

TO ROCK.

Who's with me!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
So hey, guess what.

We will overthrow that tyrannical "king of challenges" and we will make him weep. There shall be none glorious than the iron fist of the True King of Challenges, 649. And of course, those that serve under me. So, I say to this beautiful community of pokemon fans, or "poke-community" as you all seem to have dubbed yourself, I will not stand against this imperial might. I will not cower. I will persevere.

If you are interested in joining this rebellion, go to the monotype challenge thread and complete all the monotypes of the first generation.

It's time...

TO ROCK.

Who's with me!
Actually, I've completed a lot more monotypes than Myrrhman. I did do a couple with the remakes (Flying and Water on LeafGreen, Water on HeartGold) though. But I have completed monotypes for every type through Sinnoh, and quite a few through Unova, Just look at my sig, dude.

Years
You're all assuming something that's not even necessarily true in the first place - haven't you seen the "Best Challenger" section from last year's (=the most recent) member of the year election results yet?
SmileyGrinsStatic.gif

That aside, the on the rare occassion that I actually dig out one of the games and play, I usually can't resist even levels either when using a full team - but when using a lower number of Pokemon, I tend to just use things as it fits.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
So hey, guess what.

It's time...

TO ROCK.

Who's with me!
Oh its on. Nobody can overthrow me. NOBODY
Actually, I've completed a lot more monotypes than Myrrhman. I did do a couple with the remakes (Flying and Water on LeafGreen, Water on HeartGold) though. But I have completed monotypes for every type through Sinnoh, and quite a few through Unova, Just look at my sig, dude.
You do have a point. How many have you completed overall though? Iirc, lat time we checked, we were around the same amount total (i'm assuming that means you've done a lot more than me now, because I've been busy with other games/school/tv/being lazy.)
You're all assuming something that's not even necessarily true in the first place - haven't you seen the "Best Challenger" section from last year's (=the most recent) member of the year election results yet?
SmileyGrinsStatic.gif

That aside, the on the rare occassion that I actually dig out one of the games and play, I usually can't resist even levels either when using a full team - but when using a lower number of Pokemon, I tend to just use things as it fits.
I've grown to accept the fact that the poll was rigged. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
All this talk makes me wanna change my usertitle back to "Hero of Challenges" haha. Which I am! I save us from spam, bad challenges, idiots, trolls, more bad challenges, and duplicate threads! :D But no really, some challenges are just bad. lol

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
All this talk makes me wanna change my usertitle back to "Hero of Challenges" haha. Which I am! I save us from spam, bad challenges, idiots, trolls, more bad challenges, and duplicate threads! :D But no really, some challenges are just bad. lol
Yeah, syd, you really are our hero. Don't know how you manage.

In other news, pretty sure this is a very wrongly place to put this, but I have a Pokemon related challenge for us all. More of a community project, really. I've tried this a couple of times, but I can't do it on my own, and my friends sort of suck. I want to recreate a scaled version of the Pokemon universe in Minecraft (scaled to 1 tile = 2 minecraft blocks). I have all the basics worked out, it just takes -forever- to do. I've started twice, each with different friends, and both times my friends just lost interest. The first time, we tried starting at Indigo Plateau, and worked backwards. We made it to the reception gate (excluding the interior of Victory Road), and the second time, we were around water, so we started at Cinnibar Island and worked towards Pallet Town. We actually made it all the way to Viridian City before he quit.

So yeah, I know how it should be done, I know how to do it, I just can't work on the whole thing by myself. Does anyone have minecraft? Would anyone be interested in this?

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
Years
I wish I had Minecraft to help ... :c
And ... Syd ..., I was looking at some earlier posts,and you said you had an event planned for this section.Is this still on? Because soon it will be December and you'll probably do a Christmas one ...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, it's still on. lol It hasn't been posted yet though. Don't worry, I keep my word when I say there's an event soon. Like. So soon, you should prepare games of the red, green, and/or white variety.

/doesn't play Minecraft, cannot help, is bad at building anyway, would die, needs food now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back