• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I probably won't be as active around here for the next week and a half or so, since finals are coming up and I have projects to do for classes.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    I wanna take on a challenge! Any challenge! To show that I am not a loser!

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I've been inactive for close to a week because of school ending and major computer problems. I've fixed the problems on my PC myself though so I should be back on here everyday or so, glad to see the world hasn't exploded during my absence Lol that last part was a joke :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Okay, so I might not be as absent as I thought, the work I have is a bit easier than I expected, haha.
    I wanna take on a challenge! Any challenge! To show that I am not a loser!
    You've come to the right place, my friend!
    I've been inactive for close to a week because of school ending and major computer problems. I've fixed the problems on my PC myself though so I should be back on here everyday or so, glad to see the world hasn't exploded during my absence Lol that last part was a joke :P
    Welcome back my friend, glad to have you back.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Haven't been posting much in the past few weeks due to me returning to World of Warcraft :P

But I'm back now! :D
    How's everybody been? ^^

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8279552&postcount=6
    Bringing Challenges back to representation in this year's Get Together. In the past it's been really hard to justify in the short time frame, but I had some ideas a while back on how to make it work better than running a traditional challenge.

It's gonna be post-game, so all of you with emulators should set aside a save file from a beaten challenge just in case it makes it into GT (there's always the chance it won't, though I'm hopeful) and people with carts make sure you have a game that is post game, which most of you probably do.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8279552&postcount=6
    Bringing Challenges back to representation in this year's Get Together. In the past it's been really hard to justify in the short time frame, but I had some ideas a while back on how to make it work better than running a traditional challenge.

It's gonna be post-game, so all of you with emulators should set aside a save file from a beaten challenge just in case it makes it into GT (there's always the chance it won't, though I'm hopeful) and people with carts make sure you have a game that is post game, which most of you probably do.

Uhmm, I'm not really sure what you're actually talking about but I always keep my save files so I'll be glad to help.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    err... are we supposed to make a new team and re-beat the E4 on a file with the E4 already beaten? I'm confused...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I'm assuming that you guys all have challenges going already. When you beat one, just don't delete the save.

This is something new that I'm trying specifically for the Get Together, and it's an idea I've been working on for some time. The general problem with running challenge events in GT is that it's so short that there's not enough time for some players to beat it in time. And so I got to thinking about how to solve that problem, and came up with the idea to make a challenge that exists post game, that way not only is it something that can be done quicker, but many people who don't want to reset their games who maybe don't normally do challenges can play as well.

@natnew yes, a game where the credits have already rolled.

@LilJz you don't have to have not touched the post game at all. You just have to have a game that's there. You could have done anything previously.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    ...in that case, I have a bunch. but the one on my DS is to the point where I got so many weird pokemon I can complete the pokedex w/o trading (except to evolve, of course)

EDIT: what is this "get together"?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Get Together is a big PC-wide event. There are TONS of events within that you can participate in, including a challenge event that will not be horrible like the 2012 or 2011 ones. :P

Also guys, I went through and updated the supporter tiers in the Index thread, as well as any username changes I was aware of. If you know you have a challenge listed there, please go check your listing to make sure you're the right tier and/or username. Let me know through PM or VM if you need it changed. Thanks!

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    I had an unusual idea for a challenge that I thought I'd ask for feedback on.

I don't have a name yet, but the idea is that you could choose any old challenge from the archives, be it one you never completed or just one that always looked interesting to you, post a link to the original challenge, and attempt/finish the challenge. Any thoughts as to whether or not it would work as a thread here? I would be willing to run the thread if there is some interest.

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    Or you could just remake the challenge.

I appreciate the feedback.

My thought when I came up with the idea was that if various individuals want to play various old challenges, it might be a more streamlined way of doing so, at least opposed to reviving a dozen or so old challenges, especially if those threads didn't or won't likely appeal to a large group.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back