• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckface

Eating Souls Everyday
Years
  • So there's this one challenge that someone started on Marriland, and another guy did after him, called an "anime style" challenge. Here was how it was presented:

http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon/pokemon-challenges/503082

If you guys think it sounds cool, I would want to carry said idea over here once I have more time to do it. Pretty hard stuff, though! What do you think?

If you don't mind, could I take over this? I have too much freetime anyway. However I hate some of the rules and will remove them. I mean come on, like you catch a pokemon thats super hard to get (Zekrom for example) then whoops its gone. And the consecutive moves will suck. I mean imagine your versing an electric type with a flying type and you have one ground move and the rest is all air, you'll get sweeped.

Years
  • I already contacted Necrum about allowing rights to that challenge if anyone else wanted them, so if you want it by all means go ahead. And you can rework the rules to your suitable degree, I don't mind that.

Duckface

Eating Souls Everyday
    Years
  • I already contacted Necrum about allowing rights to that challenge if anyone else wanted them, so if you want it by all means go ahead. And you can rework the rules to your suitable degree, I don't mind that.

Alright I sent it through waiting for it to be viewed by moderators.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Only idea I can think of is a No Evolution Nuzlocke, which has probably been done before

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    You know, I have been having thoughts of doing one myself. But one problem is that in most games you'd have to put up with the early game stuff and that'd stink if you get the bugs...

FEAR MY ARMY OF LEVEL 100 WURMPLE

Tackle
    String Shot
    Poison Sting
    Bug Bite

Yep, you're doomed

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    Pokémon challenge (feedback appreciated)

Pokémon Lockedown

Rules
    1. When a Pokémon faints, you must BOX IT. DO NOT RELEASE FAINTED POKÉMON!!!
    2. You must nickname every Pokémon caught.
    3. When you catch a Pokémon, it must be put at the front of the party. Only the strong survive!
    4. All Pokémon must be the same level before any major boss battle (Gym leaders OR rivals OR Team ____________ bosses OR the E4).
    5. Boxing 3 revives = 1 dead Pokémon comes back to life. You can buy all the revives you want and box them later, but you can only buy ONE revive per Poké Mart.
    6. HM slaves are exempt from all rules here.
    7. The PRIMARY typings of the FIRST FIVE Pokémon you catch become the only types you can catch (discounting HM slaves).
    8. You must kill ALL TEH LEGENDARIEZ!!! You're not getting any extra help from those overleveled cheat sheets.
    9. You cannot sell boxed revives OR buy max revives.
    10. Boxing 1 Max Revive = Boxing 3 revives.
    11. You can only have UP TO FIVE Pokémon with you at all times (HM slaves not included).
    12. If your randomizer lets you, you can make all HMs compatible with a type you can't catch, just to say: "Screw your HMs, GameFreak!!!" even more.
    13. HM slaves become death fodder, but you can't use revive on them in battle. They cannot die, but they also can't be leveled up at all.
    14. If you get swept, you must release your FAVORITE POKÉMON IN YOUR PARTY. And don't lie, we all play favorites when it comes to our Pokémon (especially in Nuzlocke or other –locke challenges).
    15. You can catch Pokémon whose SECONDARY typing matches one of the 5 PRIMARY typings you caught first.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to try it out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Here's my go at one: its called a comiclocke, its literally just a nuzlocke but you get to choose one pokemon (must be nicknamed, hero/protagonist, or something along those lines) to be your hero, as in comic books not many people stay dead for ever ( hence the name comiclocke). If/when your hero dies he/she only remains in the death box for the next 2 gym battles or bad team hideout they get revived. Have any comments, suggestions? Mention them to me here. I can already see one of them now,
    xXbutthurt nuzlocke vetXx:
    you literally just took a nuzlocke and made it easier

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • -bursts in like a shooting star- I posted a chaaaaalleeeeengeeeeee~! It's just a reboot really, and not even my most popular challenge. But I've been having that urge to play a lot of different Pokemon games I didn't even realize I wanted to play, so for my own sake, I brought back Pick Up And Play. :) If any of y'all haven't been around since the last incarnation of it, you should take a peek! It may seem a bit daunting at first, but once you jump in, it's pretty fun and you'll (hopefully) enjoy revisiting old games you haven't even thought about in a while.

Also, since someone mentioned a no evolution Nuzlocke, just try the Christian Challenge. lol It hasn't had a thread here in a long time, but Jesus, if it's not one of the hardest challenges I've done. You don't even need the locke part to make it hard. It's frustrating enough on its own. You can honestly Google this thing and see for yourself how ridiculous it is and it's made worse if you choose an older game since there are less options for moves, items, hell, everything. lol But I still had fun overall. Might be worth someone picking back up again.

Years
  • New Nuzlocke Ideas

Greetings people who stumbled on this randomly, I am the newcomer the Slakingpin! I have always been fascinated with nuzlockes, and I have decided to create my own. Note: For all of these, normal nuzlocke rules apply to these. There will be some tweak here or there, but they will still have most of the basics. I hope you have fun with these, and remember to post your own ideas for nuzlockes in the comments. Have fun!

The Cultlocke:

Rules:
    >You can revive pokemon! But in order to revive a pokemon, you must release (not put in a death box) a pokemon of equal level to the pokemon you are attempting to bring back, along with tossing (not selling) either a heart scale or a star dust.
    >You can only use natural items, like herbs, berries, actual food (like cookies and juice), and water. No potions, elixers, sodas, candies, or stuff like that.
    >You can only catch fairy, ghost, dark, psychic, dragon, and fighting types.

The Babylocke:
    Rules:
    >You can only catch pokemon in their first evolutionary stages and pokemon that don't evolve.
    >You can't evolve any of your pokemon.
    >If a pokemon has a baby form, (like jinx has smoochum and Mr. Mime has Mime Jr.), you can only catch the baby pokemon.
    >No breeding because who would want to breed babies? (Please, don't answer that...)

The Weenielocke:
    Rules:
    >Along with the first attempt at catching the first pokemon on a route, every time you defeat a trainer on a route, you earn another capture attempt on that route.
    >You can revive pokemon but only with the revives you find as hidden items, not ones you buy from stores.
    >You can only revive a pokemon within a certain amount of time, otherwise the pokemon is considered dead. I suggest a 30 second time limit for revival. (Again, only with revives you find, not with pokecenters or that sort of thing)

And finally, my great challenge,
    The Kingpin's Challenge! >:) :
    Rules:
    >You can only use the Pokecenter or pokecenter-like thing ONCE per town/route.
    >You can only use ONE battle item (I.E. potions and that sort of thing) per route/town.
    >Your pokemon can't be a higher level than the highest level trainer's pokemon on any particular route/town. This includes average trainers, gym leaders, or elite four members.
    >You must complete the entire campaign and aftergame activities to complete the challenge. This includes contest halls, trainer towers, gym leader/ elite four member rematches, and that sort of thing.
    > If even ONE pokemon of your own faints even ONCE at any point durning your adventure, you fail the challenge and must start over.
    >May Arceus have mercy on your soul if you try this.

Slakingpin out! Peace!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Resurrection via Evolution: A Nuzlocke Query

I'm not entirely certain this is the right place for this post, so let me know where to move it if needed.

So, the question is simple: If your recently fainted Pokémon evolves at the end if the battle, and therefore regains some health, is it still considered dead or is it alive by the miracle of happenstance?

A little bit of background. I recently recovered my Blue version from my son, who's lost interest in favor of Skylanders. It gives me something to do on the train ride into work and doesn't kill my phone battery. I decided to play a very strict nuzlocke, before I exploit glitches and cheats to catch them all.  No duplicate exception, and once fainted, no matter how, dead. It's been a bit of a pain, ended up loaded down with Rattata, Pidgey, and Bellsprout, and lost my Charmander Coal to a glitched Bide while facing Brock (it went on for three turns).

So, this situation in the question arose when in Silph Co. I had lost my Weepingbell Ivy to a Voltorbs Self-destruct, and was busy raising my Bellsprout Rose to replace her. With the assitance of my Radicate Nibbles, I had just leveled her to 21, and decided to let her try fighting a level 28 Cubone. This turned out to be a huge mistake. Rose almost killed it, but 1 Bone Club was all it took to finish her. Nibbles got revenge, but I resigned myself to get another Bellsprout out to level up. Then Rose evolved. Now, she's a Weepingbell with 6hp.

And I'm not sure if using her violates the rules. I mean, I've done about 8 Nuzlocke runs, more if you count ones I didn't finish, in all the generations. And I've never had this happen before. I don't have a rule for it. So, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Rose, alive through a miracle or dead as a door nail?

Years
  • I would say, keep her and have some sort of near death experience to add character.
    I would only allow a few rule bending to add the unexpected plot twist.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • So I finally got around to finishing up my purple monocolor on Heartgold, then went to update the first post. I haven't updated it since August of last year! Although there haven't been even 50 posts since then haha.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • So I finally got around to finishing up my purple monocolor on Heartgold, then went to update the first post. I haven't updated it since August of last year! Although there haven't been even 50 posts since then haha.
    Happens to me too, dude. Don't worry haha!

Years
  • That's kind of what it's been like for me in my Wedlocke thread, haha. Even i'm too lazy to talk about what i've done with it for two of my current ones...

But it's a shame the Mono-Color doesn't get more credit. :P Some day i'll get back to my Red Ultimate (just both Generation IV games left) and my Blue Ultimate (Kanto, Johto and Unova).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back