• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This idea does sound like it could work. I'd say you could go for it if you want, considering there a quite a lot of moves for each constest-type-move-thingy (i.e. cool, smart etc. lol). Just make sure you make the rules clear because not everyone might fully understand. Also, have a fair few natures, evenly distributed, for cool, smart etc. so it's not too hard.

It's not consistent because it was an idea that had just popped into my head, and I hadn't really decided which way it should be. I was kind of hoping for some kind of input about which would be better.

The natures are already evenly distributed. It's an official game mechanic, not something I made up. It's just that it normally only affects the effectiveness of different flavors of Pokeblock / Poffin.

Years
  • It's not consistent because it was an idea that had just popped into my head, and I hadn't really decided which way it should be. I was kind of hoping for some kind of input about which would be better.

The natures are already evenly distributed. It's an official game mechanic, not something I made up. It's just that it normally only affects the effectiveness of different flavors of Pokeblock / Poffin.

Yeah, I just realised that lol woops :x

Anywho, I believe the first idea was better. The second one seems fairly easy. This challenge could go down well, I'd do it :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I know this is a pretty old thread but whatever

I came up with this challenge myself and its called the "Name Challenge"

In this challenge you can only use the same pokemon that the NPC's who share the same name as you use

For example, if your name is Michael, there is a Hiker Michael and Cute Couple Mike & (I forgot the girl name). Hiker Michael uses two Geodudes and a Machop and Mike uses a Misdreavus. So, you could only use two geodudes, a machop, and a misdreavus.

If you want to evolve them or not is up to you.

Years
  • Only Use the Eevee Challenge Idea

So this is just an idea I have had this week and I just wanted to know what other people think.

The idea is to go though the whole game of X with a full party of Eevee's. using no other pokemon but those 6 and what they may evole into. It will mean that out of the 9 Eevee types of the eevee family i could only have 6 and with 2 of those evolutions not really avalible till a lot later in the game. Plus any HM's will have to be taught to those pokemon in the party.

The goal is to get though the Gyms and complete the Elite 4 with only these 6 Eevee's that i would have to trade at the begining of the game with a few early catch pokemon.

I'm getting Alpha Sapphire this week so once I complete that game I can start this challenge.

What I'm asking you guys is if you think its challenging enough?

What Twists/ Rules would you add?

How would you like to see me complete this challenge? I could do a Comic strip of the adventure or i could look into doing a Video and post it on youtube or i could just write out in detail on a Thread.

Also, would you be intrested in doing the challenge too?

Thank for reading XD

Pook

Don't eat Slowpoke tails!
    Years
  • Post Game Challenges?

I'm really bored and I'm looking for some kind of challenge to do that I can do post-game since I prefer not to restart. I'm open to any ideas. <3

A Moon Gust

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    I have this challenge called "Struggle to survive" where the main rule is that you can never talk to Nurse Joy, here are other rules:
    1) You can never speak to Nurse Joy
    2) Once a pokemon has died, you can never use it again.
    3) If you insert a pokemon from your party into the PC, you must release it or never use it again. (Wild pokemon can go into your PC of course, but basically you can't use the PC to heal any pokemon. Also, you can release your pokemon anytime.)
    4) No Vs. Seeker and no Amulet Coin
    5) You are not allowed to use 2 of the same pokemon at the same time. However, if you released an Oddish, you can still get another one. (As an optional rule, you can choose to only use 1 pokemon per species in your run.)
    6) The only moves your pokemon is allowed to use are moves from Level-Up. (No TMs and Tutor moves, you can teach pokemon some HMs but you cannot use them in battle.)
    7) No Daycare and no sleeping (healing by sleeping)
    8) No Legendaries
    9) You can not use no more than one meowth per run.
    10) Maybe there is something I missed, but obviously you can't use the same pokemon throughout the whole game because they will not have enough PP to do so. You can still buy anything from the shop. Also as an optional rule for G/S/C/HG/SS players let your mom save your money.

I have started this challenge on my FireRed:
    Spoiler:

I will update the post after every badge.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yikes. That challenge sounds like total suicide. Good luck, man. You're gonna need it!

Years
  • Pokemon Firered Doubtlocke

I have pieced together my own Nuzlocke Varient, tell me what you think!

It is the Pokemon Doubtlocke (currently being played in Firered). It has the three basic Nuzlocke rules plus the game must be Randomized and the kicker is Inverse Mode.

Yes, Inverse Mode. Like from Black and White. Every single battle is that.

My thought process was to take you normally thought about Pokemon and flip it on it's head. Making you DOUBT yourself. Get it?! It is super fun actually. I am thinking about adding some stuff to it. Like stuff to make it more different and difficult. Tell me what you think I should add!

You can check out the playlist of me playing it on my channel CasnoGaming. Just search it on Youtube XD I can't post links yet because I just made this account lol.

Feel free to try it out yourselves :D I am too lazy to link to the Inverse Applier for Firered but it is a quick Google Search. And if you choose to Let's Play it, please link my channel and give me credit! XD

Volcanic

Am I squirtley enough for the squirtle club?
    Years
  • I've been looking around to see if I can find this challenge I've been playing, but I, surprisingly, don't see it. This is possibly because I'm new here and to forums in general and I'm just awful at navigating, but maybe not. Who knows.

Anyways, I've been playing a wonder nuzlocke challenge on Y and it's super fun. All the rules of a nuzlocke, only, you have to immediately wondertrade every pokemon you acquire (including starters and the special ones you get throughout the game). You can only wondertrade it once and you have to keep whatever pokemon you get back. The exception to this is if you catch a shiny, then you can keep it.

It's a lot of fun because you usually get pretty decent pokemon from wondertrade (people's discarded competitive breeding extras), and pokemon level fast since they're all traded. It's a quick and fun play.

Is this something that's already a thing? If not, it should be. It's so much fun.

I apologize if I'm doing anything wrong with this post or if I posted incorrectly.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Hey guys!

I'm new to this section of PC, and not sure how active it is anymore, but I had an idea for a Nuzlocke variant I wanted to run by here and see if people thought it sounded good.

It would be called Gymlocke (if that name isn't already taken by a variant that the name makes sense for) and basically is intended to make gym battles harder and add a leveling cap to your pokemon. So along with the normal rules of Nuzlocke (Faint=dead, can only catch the first encounter) the additional rules would be:
    1) Level limit: The level of any Pokémon in your party may not exceed 5 levels above the next Gym Leader's highest level Pokemon (e.g. Gen1 Brock has a level 14 Onyx, your party cannot be above 19). If a Pokemon's level surpasses this, they may not be used until after the next Gym Leader is beaten. (5 levels was just what I picked, that could be altered for easier/harder gameplay)
    2) Party limit: When facing a Gym Leader/the Elite 4, your party cannot contain more Pokémon than the amount your opponent's party contains (when facing the Elite 4, your party limit is equal to whichever opponent has the smallest party count; e.g. Gen1 Elite 4 members have 5 Pokemon but your Champion Rival has 6, so you can at most use 5). Any other time you are permitted to have a full party of 6, or as many as you have available.

So let me know what you think of this idea.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I've been looking around to see if I can find this challenge I've been playing, but I, surprisingly, don't see it. This is possibly because I'm new here and to forums in general and I'm just awful at navigating, but maybe not. Who knows.

Anyways, I've been playing a wonder nuzlocke challenge on Y and it's super fun. All the rules of a nuzlocke, only, you have to immediately wondertrade every pokemon you acquire (including starters and the special ones you get throughout the game). You can only wondertrade it once and you have to keep whatever pokemon you get back. The exception to this is if you catch a shiny, then you can keep it.

It's a lot of fun because you usually get pretty decent pokemon from wondertrade (people's discarded competitive breeding extras), and pokemon level fast since they're all traded. It's a quick and fun play.

Is this something that's already a thing? If not, it should be. It's so much fun.

I apologize if I'm doing anything wrong with this post or if I posted incorrectly.

WonderLocke challenge was a thing about a week after X and Y was released lol. But yes it can be really fun.

Hey guys!

I'm new to this section of PC, and not sure how active it is anymore, but I had an idea for a Nuzlocke variant I wanted to run by here and see if people thought it sounded good.

It would be called Gymlocke (if that name isn't already taken by a variant that the name makes sense for) and basically is intended to make gym battles harder and add a leveling cap to your pokemon. So along with the normal rules of Nuzlocke (Faint=dead, can only catch the first encounter) the additional rules would be:
    1) Level limit: The level of any Pokémon in your party may not exceed 5 levels above the next Gym Leader's highest level Pokemon (e.g. Gen1 Brock has a level 14 Onyx, your party cannot be above 19). If a Pokemon's level surpasses this, they may not be used until after the next Gym Leader is beaten. (5 levels was just what I picked, that could be altered for easier/harder gameplay)
    2) Party limit: When facing a Gym Leader/the Elite 4, your party cannot contain more Pokémon than the amount your opponent's party contains (when facing the Elite 4, your party limit is equal to whichever opponent has the smallest party count; e.g. Gen1 Elite 4 members have 5 Pokemon but your Champion Rival has 6, so you can at most use 5). Any other time you are permitted to have a full party of 6, or as many as you have available.

So let me know what you think of this idea.

This honestly sounds more like something you could just add onto a standard Nuzlocke rather than being its own challenge, I know Marriland the youtuber did rule 1 on one of his Lockes, he had it so he couldn't level higher than the next gym leader. The second rule party limit again just sounds like something you could have as an extended rule for a standard Locke, Also it isn't exactly the hardest thing because you can pick your team for the next gym leader meaning you just pick the pokemon that best work on that gym. A better rule would be you have to use your *Insert Number* weakest current party members against the Gym leader

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    what about one where you only use pokemon that would likely live around where you are? like i live in arizona, a desert, so sandshrew, cacnea, trapinch, etc.

I like this idea has this been made in to a challenge yet? If not it should with a couple tweaks it could be made even better or have multiple versions of it but all hsve the same concept right here!
    Edit: I just came up with a version of the monotype challenge using this (no name yet) where you have to do the game with pokemon of a type related to the area you live in. I live in LA so I would have Steel, Dark, and Electric to pick from the only exception to this rule is normal type so you can pick it no matter where you live.
    Edit2: I thought of a name what do you think about Areatype Challenge?

Last edited:

Raven Valt

Years
  • I think there has been geographical challenges in the past but they tend to die off really quickly because of the lack of content you get from them after doing 1 run.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I think there has been geographical challenges in the past but they tend to die off really quickly because of the lack of content you get from them after doing 1 run.

Do you think mine would be like that and if so how would I possibly improve it to keep that from happening?

Raven Valt

Years
  • Do you think mine would be like that and if so how would I possibly improve it to keep that from happening?

I think you'd only be able to possibly extend as far as different continents or at a push different countries. There are only so many types of geographical places throughout the world without going extremely detailed and cross overs but then you'd just be forcing it too much if you tried to that.

Maybe someone else could offer you a suggestion on adding to it because atm that is all I can think of.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I think you'd only be able to possibly extend as far as different continents or at a push different countries. There are only so many types of geographical places throughout the world without going extremely detailed and cross overs but then you'd just be forcing it too much if you tried to that.

Maybe someone else could offer you a suggestion on adding to it because atm that is all I can think of.

Well I meant like cities, forested areas, mountainy terrain or you can have mixes like a forested mountain. There is also beach swamp, or snowy terrain like Alaska or snowy mountain terrain as a mix.

Skyxyd

The one
    Years
  • Why not a randomize game (or a randomize rom) ? With random pokemon which spawn which random abiliti and random attack like Magikarp with wonder guard and judgment that's cool no ? X) Of course in normal nuzzlocke

Yeah is this hacked (that's authorized ?) game we can catch a wild arceus about level 20, in the water with any rod at Dewford town, not bad ^^
    This game ask a good luck

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Why not a randomize game (or a randomize rom) ? With random pokemon which spawn which random abiliti and random attack like Magikarp with wonder guard and judgment that's cool no ? X) Of course in normal nuzzlocke

Yeah is this hacked (that's authorized ?) game we can catch a wild arceus about level 20, in the water with any rod at Dewford town, not bad ^^
    This game ask a good luck

Is this kinda what you're talking about http://sanqui.rustedlogic.net/randomizer/#pokered

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back