• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Challenge Rock (n n)

Years
  • You know that rock that appears on this hill when you go into the forest on your way to Pinwheel Forest?

Challenge Rock (n n)

yeah that. Has anyone ever had their Pokemon try to break the rock? I tried it once but a star piece fell. But yeah I think that happens every day you break the rock.

Has anyone ever tried to break the whole rock? If so what happens?

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    I don't think you can break it... I think it's just a free daily star piece

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i never knew that that rock would give out an item. but im not so sure tho whole thing can be broken. its not like lone of those rock smash rocks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I never actually noticed that rock while near Pinwheel Forest, so I've never actually used rock smash on it, let alone break it. (Super Obvious)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I've seen it, but since I've never had a Fighting-type on my party I've never bothered with it. It's not really worth going back every day just to obtain one of those items you just re-sell anyway.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    Wow. I knew that rock had a name, but I never bothered to check it out. I'll go and do that now - I'm definitely not saying no to free stuff.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't think the Challenge Rock is totally breakable. You only go there for a free Star Piece a day, but only if you have a Fighting Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    free star pieces = free PP ups in one of the weekend item traders in Anville Town (that town you have to catch the train to)

so i'd say it's a pretty good deal :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I never knew about this rock. Will go to it right now. :>
    I do need some Star Pieces so yeah.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I knew about this already, but collecting star pieces are very useful for PP Ups... I have 21 of them in my bag now, might exchange them later.

They're also good for getting some quick bucks if you're running out of money.
    okay... maybe not, but 4900 apiece isn't that bad.

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    i always knew you could get star pieces, but never thought you could break the rock, i always forget to go over there, it being out of the way

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Huh, I actually never knew you could get a Star Piece a day from the Challenge Rock. Then again, I never actually had a Fighting-type Pokémon on my team. If you ask me, it's a great way to earn quick cash.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I kinda forgot about this rock when playing through...

I heard about it beforehand and didn't really remember to do anything with it. I like how they put it where the fighting types are found though to actually utilise this rock. I'd like to say that I'll intend to hit the rock, but really, I don't think I will unless I finish that Black playthrough I've been meaning to complete or start for months.

Back