• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge the Prism League!

The Prism League

Prismatic Beams Aligning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    I believe that the OP is up to date now. Please point out any errors in regards to challenger progress.

Also, Dark Azelf is the Champion of the Showdown division now!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-105788

i battled ingo and won but

....we cant use mega evolutions?
    We can, but some Mega evolutions are banned by Smogon and therefore can't be used on Showdown. As we're replicating Showdown's ruleset, the same rules apply.

As for Megas changing types, I've always been iffy on this. However, at the same time, Protean Greninja could be argued for banishment if it uses any moves other than Water and Dark (whichever the Gym is) since it would change out of those types. I think we should leave type-changing Megas alone. But if it has to Mega Evolve to reach the Gym type, it can't be used.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    ^Confirming that.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-smogondoubles-105834

It was actually kinda close. I had the upper hand for a while there with the almighty Gastrodon and Volcarona, but after that double KO of Azumarill and Scizor, I wasn't so sure I'd win.

As for Megas changing types, I've always been iffy on this. However, at the same time, Protean Greninja could be argued for banishment if it uses any moves other than Water and Dark (whichever the Gym is) since it would change out of those types. I think we should leave type-changing Megas alone. But if it has to Mega Evolve to reach the Gym type, it can't be used.
    We happen to be talking about this in the discussion thread too, just so you know.

The Prism League

Prismatic Beams Aligning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    Please try to keep discussions in the discussion thread linked in the OP. That includes discussions about Protean Greninjas. If you wish to start a discussion, please continue it in the discussion thread.

The Prism League

Prismatic Beams Aligning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    Please for the love of Arceus keep discussion about the league in the discussion thread. Don't "mix up where you reply", there are two distinct threads for a reason. x

EmeraldRarity

Music Loving Pokefam~
    Years
    PokeCommunity username: EmeraldRarity
    Division being challenged: 3DS
    3DS FC/battle server alt(s): In siggy
    Team to be used (just the species is fine): Honchkrow, Reuniclus, Slyveon ,Chandlure , Serperior, Empoleon

Years
    Need a sub for Lobrix pweeeeez ;-;7 3DS division,

Grass/Rock gym, plenty of those mons around

I thought you wanted me to sub for you again since you said let's have the battle. I have been waiting for almost a week. :/ I guess it wasn't that. Oh well, I guess you don't want me to sub at all lol. Just tell me next time :P, instead of leave me hanging D:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I defeated Cyclone and earned my first 3DS division badge:

CR4G-WWWW-WWW9-ZY7Q

gg

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I defeated Cyclone and earned my first 3DS division badge:

CR4G-WWWW-WWW9-ZY7Q

gg
    Zekrom challenges the (I really need a town name here) Gym!

Zekrom has won the Solitary Badge!

Joke was on Zekrom for putting to sleep something not powerful against Prismillon, but despite the planned drop, I didn't complete the comeback. Came down to a 1-on-1, but I was the weaker and against something I could not OHKO with Greninja. It starred at the end with two weak to it, and probably was a good move to NOT use Gardevoir right away as Darmanitan did the necessary job to secure the win despite the OHKO.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Northstar has finally conquered his own gym:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-smogondoubles-105995

Northstar has earned the Hydrosect Badge.

Joke was on Zekrom for putting to sleep something not powerful against Prismillon, but despite the planned drop, I didn't complete the comeback. Came down to a 1-on-1, but I was the weaker and against something I could not OHKO with Greninja. It starred at the end with two weak to it, and probably was a good move to NOT use Gardevoir right away as Darmanitan did the necessary job to secure the win despite the OHKO.
    Ya know, I wonder what would've happened if I decided to use Sleep Powder more than I did in that match....

I also find it amusing that since my Vivillon is French, it's name is Prismillon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Ya know, I wonder what would've happened if I decided to use Sleep Powder more than I did in that match....

I also find it amusing that since my Vivillon is French, it's name is Prismillon.
    I think you would have been disqualified. I don't think it's legal for you to put everyone to sleep due to the Item Clause forbidding sleep-preventing items on everyone. Same reason Dark Void is banned in doubles but legit. for singles.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I think you would have been disqualified. I don't think it's legal for you to put everyone to sleep due to the Item Clause forbidding sleep-preventing items on everyone. Same reason Dark Void is banned in doubles but legit. for singles.
    Nah what I meant was putting each of your Pokemon to sleep as they came into battle after killing the previous one. Sleep Clause only prevents you from making the opponent have more than one Pokemon asleep at a time. If the sleeping poke is KO'd, I'm free to put the next one to sleep.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Nah what I meant was putting each of your Pokemon to sleep as they came into battle after killing the previous one. Sleep Clause only prevents you from making the opponent have more than one Pokemon asleep at a time. If the sleeping poke is KO'd, I'm free to put the next one to sleep.
    Well that reduces battles to zero skill whatsoever if the fastest Pokémon in battle (or perhaps the sturdiest) happens to know Spore, a 100% sleep-inducing move. I still argue it's forbidden on that basis alone; it's a guaranteed hit.

Makes me wonder why I didn't choose Grass as a type if that's legal.

Back