• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge the Prism League!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
  • The warlords of the Prism Alliance were falling, stricken down one by one. Being overwhelmed in an onslaught of battles waged on the very doorstep of the lands of Championship and the sacred Hall of Fame they were avowed to protect. House Aqueduct - twice defended by its Kell, TGM - overrun with enemy forces. House Terragon, the powerful domain of dragon and earth ruled justly by its Kell Skyburial overcome after a victory only a day before - the lines of defense before the Hall were thinning.

The enemy commander assailing this land? Charcoal Embers; commander of the Graceful Togekiss, blessing her teammates and blinding her foes - the infernal Charizard, scorching the land beneath it from wings on high, Umbreon - the darkness - weathering powerful enemy attacks and persevering to curse its foes. The juggernaut, Metagross - pounding the resistance to dust with steel claw; the creature - "Swampert" - a curious mix of resilience and power, posing a threat to all that would stand in its way, and the nefarious Sableye - casting black magic upon enemies of Charcoal Embers, with burn and bruise, with taunt and terror.

House Contrast and its Kell Polar Spectrum knew what was coming, both the birds on the wind and the warriors on the ground sensed the coming storm. They would not be caught off guard. This challenger must be met with equal oppositional force; decisive - powerful, and swift. Polar summoned six of his noblest of tacticians and soldiers, 3 from the sky and 3 from the training grounds. Today; a stand would be made.

On the dawn of the day of the encounter, Charcoal stepped brazenly forward through the morning mist, sun shining down upon the grounds before him. He shouted, calling out to the Kell of House Contrast - Polar. He would not be denied this clash. Slowly - assuredly - from the murky air between the coming assault and the hallowed Hall of Fame; Polar crept into sight. He looked up; and locked eyes with Charcoal. Their gazes locked. A lone black crow circled the distance between them. Was this meaningful? What omen was this to the imminent explosion of force meeting force? From behind Charcoal two twinkling eyes above a sinister toothy grin blinked at Polar; and a white airborne figure glided forward. The crow began to call forth, cawing and mocking...

An ambush! The crow was a servant of house Contrast; taunting the opposition! No ordinary crow in fact, but a Murkrow - Togekiss attracted the calling mocking of the Murkrow to spare the magic of the spritely Sableye being neutered; just as Polar shouted - "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" and from the water burst an enormous figure - over twenty feet and five hundred pounds of ferocity tore into the scene; summoning all its strength and rage preparing for the coming war. Not to be intimidated - Sableye cast forth its dark treachery returning the mocking of the crow back at it; turning it away. Charcoal was unnerved, but pleased that his imp had turned back the mischevious Murkrow so quickly - but at the cost of his Togekiss suffering a taunting worthy of the french in Monty Python's the Holy Grail; and now the Kraken had summoned its attack and speed for battle....

Just as the Murkrow evacuated the area; a terrifying shriek split the air - and from the clouds above descended a terror of stone and flesh, the mighty Taeror the Aerodactyl, under Polar's command soared above the battlefield - replacing the Murkrow. Charcoal realized the immediate threat of both of these combatants; and signaled Sableye to cast the ghostly flames upon Polar's mighty Kraken to hinder its assault - but to his dismay; the favor of the gods was bent against Kraken being burned. As Togekiss slashed the air attempting to deal with either the crow or Taeror - Kraken lashed out brutally; blasting Sableye with a vicious Waterfall attack; leaving the imp in very poor condition; nearly demolished from only one blow.

Polar saw the determination in Charcoal's eyes; and the steely gaze he offered back. With an unspoken command, Polar made sure his comrades knew there was to be no holding back. A bright luminescent light engulfed Taeror - and another roaring screech split the air as it transformed, sprouting obsidian spikes on every surface of its body; achieving the mega evolution into Mega Aerodactyl. Knowing this display would undoubtedly draw the fire of the enemy; Polar signaled Taeror to protect itself whilst the Kraken's rampage continued - Sableye's magic connected with nothing as Kraken tore forward once more; crushing the gem-eater remorselessly in a crashing wake. Suddenly, the Gyarados' body writhed and its eyes reddened - its moxie had raised its offensive potential after striking down the Sableye, to horrific levels. Togekiss frantically fired off what attack it could through the air at the monster; chipping its armor only slightly, and increasing its rage further.

A single bead of sweat slid down Charcoal's brow.... His situation looked grim; two imposing foes gazed back at him from the battlefield - thirst for his defeat in their eyes, and not an ounce of fear. He signaled Swampert to come forth to his aid and that of Togekiss; with no weakness to the attacks of either Taeror or Kraken, his bulk and brawn would be Charcoal's hopes of evening the playing field.

Taeror's speed was unmatched; and he immediately bombarded the opponents below with a barrage of rocks from above. Wounding the blissful Togekiss, to the point of consuming a berry - and connecting with Swampert but barely bothering the behemoth. The Kraken was next to attack; and attack it did - with another waterfall so mighty - with only the minor scratch of the rock slide from Taeror, it knocked Swampert within an inch of its life; a feat few could boast. Togekiss was unprepared for this brutal assault; and flinched at the heavy handed blows it had seen dealt out. Swampert desperately sprayed the Kraken with burning water; in hopes to hinder its assault... but to no avail.

Charcoal called Togekiss back, fearing for its life - to replace it with a hardened monstrosity; Metagross. Simultaneously; Swampert covered its teammates retreat with a wide guard maneuver; blocking the rock slide Taeror offered from above from connecting. The result of Kraken's rampage continued to be felt though... as the newly arrived Metagross took a punishing Waterfall to the chest; crippling it and leaving less than half of its health reamining... Taerordactyl immediately protected itself again; being wary of a bullet punch or enemy mega evolution from Metagross before the Kraken could finish it. Before anything else could transpire on the field of battle though; the atrocities of Gyarados continued, steel and psyche were rend apart; Metagross was torn asunder before having ever moved by Kraken... and again the monstrous Gyarados grew stronger, nearing god-level might, enraged only further by another foe being felled at its gaping jaw. Another blast of water from Swampert connected with Kraken, but to little result.

Both commanders gritted their teeth and clenched their fists, the battle at hand was being slanted in favor of the defending forces; as the threat of the terror that was Kraken grew ever more impossible to overcome, and the targets for its fury grew scant. Umbreon stepped forth from behind Charcoal to meet the bastion of house Contrast next; its resilience to be tested. Swampert again blocked widely; as Taeror swiftly dove through the blockade hitting Umbreon with full force using its head as hard as iron; not to fell the creature though. The ground quaked with Kraken's rage; an attack that had the potential to destroy even the toughest of defenses -but Taeror flew above and the wide guard of Swampert kept damage from being dealt to either of Charcoal's commandants. Umbreon desperately shone with the hopes of turning the tides back; so brightly it confused the ravenous Kraken - but Polar's preparation had steeled Kraken against this confusion - and it snapped immediately out of the trance Umbreon cast upon it!

Charcoal's eyes narrowed as he looked solemnly at the arena before him. "BACKKKK!" He yelled. "Retreeeat!" His pokemon eagerly lept away from the claws and jaws of Kraken and Taeror; fleeing the encounter before it had resolved. Charcoal looked back and swore vengeance upon House Contrast and its Kell... his day would come.

As this happened; Polar crossed his arms and called back his warriors.

They had done him proud this day. Not a single operant was lost. The battle was over... for now.

For an abridged version:
    Charocal Embers challenge Elite Polar Spectrum for the Contrast Symbol!
    Charcoal Embers did not earn the Contrast Symbol!
    Battle Vid: 7N2W WWWW WW25 VNWZ

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh wow this really is turning into quite the story lol

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Challenge the Prism League!

Years
  • Woot! I beat Polar, finally claiming all the symbols now. Now all that is left is the champoin, which seems to be kind of confusing as to who it is and who I fight exactly.

But either way, here is the battle I had with Polar, quite a nice one. Umbreon never seems to want to die. XD
    FJYW-WWWW-WW26-46J9

Years
  • Woot! I beat Polar, finally claiming all the symbols now. Now all that is left is the champoin, which seems to be kind of confusing as to who it is and who I fight exactly.

But either way, here is the battle I had with Polar, quite a nice one. Umbreon never seems to want to die. XD
    FJYW-WWWW-WW26-46J9

I would like to congratulate you for becoming the Champion of Prism League \o/. Honestly, we never had a stable champion in our section. Therefore, now, you can become one and you are able to stay in the Champion's Palace :D

Years
  • I would like to congratulate you for becoming the Champion of Prism League \o/. Honestly, we never had a stable champion in our section. Therefore, now, you can become one and you are able to stay in the Champion's Palace :D

Heh... If I had beaten you all on the first try, I might be able to accept the role of champion.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • Heh... If I had beaten you all on the first try, I might be able to accept the role of champion.

First of all I would like to congratulate you too. Second it doesn't matter you lost once or twice here and there, it's about you were able to beat us all.
    We have some members that have the Champion title but none of us wants to be the Champion cause we prefer to have regular matches (what we don't have).
    So just take the spot and use everything in your power to keep your title :)

Years
  • First of all I would like to congratulate you too. Second it doesn't matter you lost once or twice here and there, it's about you were able to beat us all.
    We have some members that have the Champion title but none of us wants to be the Champion cause we prefer to have regular matches (what we don't have).
    So just take the spot and use everything in your power to keep your title :)

I don't really know... I feel like I don't really have the skill yet to be the champion. I feel like there are a few things I need to iron out with how I play before I can become the champion just yet. I feel I would be happier as like, just a gym leader. At least until I could really learn the game more and how to be better both in and out of battle.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • I don't really know... I feel like I don't really have the skill yet to be the champion. I feel like there are a few things I need to iron out with how I play before I can become the champion just yet. I feel I would be happier as like, just a gym leader. At least until I could really learn the game more and how to be better both in and out of battle.

You can apply for the open gymleader spot at the showdown division. Maybe that's something for you? I just asked for that spot but if you want it and everyone is in favor of it I don't mind. However I don't want to give up my spot in the 3DS division cause it's more my thing.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • There's a discussion open right now about Charcoal taking BlueBoi's spot as a Gym Leader and some other changes happening soon.

BlueBoi has asked to step down.

Years
  • You can apply for the open gymleader spot at the showdown division. Maybe that's something for you? I just asked for that spot but if you want it and everyone is in favor of it I don't mind. However I don't want to give up my spot in the 3DS division cause it's more my thing.

The 3DS is more my thing too. The only reason I still go on showdown is to help calculate certain speed teirs and figuring out what EV's I want. And I also use it whenever I want to try and get the IV's of legendary pokemon.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • There's a discussion open right now about Charcoal taking BlueBoi's spot as a Gym Leader and some other changes happening soon.

BlueBoi has asked to step down.

Thanks Sky, didn't know about that. Did you read my other Private Message I send you a couple of days ago? Maybe we can do something about that.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
  • I hate to sound like the buzzkiller here, but

we do have a prism league discussion for exactly this kind of talk

let's try to keep this limited to match related stuff and the occasional exposition on how a battle went down, eh?

Back