• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Champion Leon and his younger brother, your rival Hop

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Spoiler:

Leon is the undefeated Champion of Galar, and he is very popular! I can see why ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) This is the second time we've known who the Champion is up-front, with only Alder as the other! I wonder what this could mean...

Spoiler:

His younger brother Hop is (one of) your rival(s)! I hope he is an enjoyable character.

We don't know too much about them yet, but do you have any opinions so far? As of now, I really love them!

Years
  • why is it that as soon as I saw the Champion, I immediately thought "this guy is going to be Rivvon's new husband"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I wonder why Leon has a sword and shield on his shirt, when the legendaries are described as "practically unknown" in Galar? :thinking: HMMMMMMM

Years
  • also: not sure what to make of Hop yet. from what the trailer has shown, he seems kind of like an exact replica of Hau. this in itself doesn't bother me because Hau doesn't really bother me as a character, but it might bum out others who were hoping for a more asshole rival type.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I'm also unsure what to make of Hop right now. At first glance, he seems to have a bit more personality than the last few at least, trying to catch up to his Champion brother. Though it kinda reminds me of Hau with Hala tbh. It may even be a bit deeper than that. Also, they did say "one of your rivals", so maybe we'll get another one. Another jerk rival, perhaps (pls)?

Leon tho. Pretty cool how they pulled an Alder and we know the Champion early. I don't know if it's just me, but I get sort of "Aether" vibes from him. In other words, watch him secretly be part of the evil team, maybe even the leader. I think that'd be a pretty cool twist for the story.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hop looks like someone who would have more of a mix between Barry's and Gary's personalities than a Hau-copy so I really hope that's what we'll get haha. He's super cute!

I also hope the player character not picked will be a character in the game again like in Sinnoh, Hoenn and Kalos, but it doesn't seem like it );

Years
  • From the moment I've seen Leon I knew he'll be champion. Looks fine to me and I'm sure we'll see him a lot during the story because of Hop.

Speaking of Hop, he looks like it will be kind and friendly rival, but he has the same goal as our character, which is something other friendly rivals lacked? But his design looks weird to me. What's with his hair?

Years
  • Leon looks fabulous and distinctly champion-esque. We haven't had a champion involved in the story properly for a long time so hoping he'll change that.

Hop looks like he's going to be on the friendly side. If so I hope he's more like Serena (and presumably Calem): nice but not afraid to show a competitive side, than the rainbows and unicorns type friendly rivals we get mainly. His dream of wanting to be the next champion himself is a good sign.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I can Hop being a kind of combination of Calem and Hau. I do hope his story arc doesn't follow too many beats from past rivals, however.

Cid

Years
  • Leon needs to shave! He'd be hotter that way. Hop is hot as it is and I like him and I hope he hops onto top three best Pokémon rivals. I have high hopes for Hop.

Eldegoss

[i]The Beauty of Galar[/i]
    Years
  • Leon needs to shave! He'd be hotter that way. Hop is hot as it is and I like him and I hope he hops onto top three best Pokémon rivals. I have high hopes for Hop.

Omg yes, Leon's weird facial hair makes him go down from like a 9 to a 7, it is so bad.

Hopefully Hop is more challenging than recent rivals. I found the likes of Selena/Calem and Hau to be pushovers. (Except for Hau's Raichu UwU)

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hop is so cute but he looks like Sobble in human form! I bet he'll be timid and shy at first but will become more confident as the story line progresses.

Or he'll be an ass and honestly I'd love that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Leon needs a fashion sense. But yeah, he seems like he'll be an interesting character.

And yeah, I meant that I'm hoping we'll get a Calem/Serena vibe from Hop :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Hop is confirmed to get the starter weak to yours, so I wonder if another team member will make up for that. It makes me more glad to be picking Sobble though, so he'll get the bunny.

I actually like Leon's facial hair as I think it adds to his dork charm LOL

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • who names their kid Hop tho

i said the same thing tbh

leon is super attractive, what the hell. Anyway... Hop. I'm really hoping he's not a friendly rival, but I also hope he isn't a jerk, either. Something in between, friendly, but competitive, would work fine for me. He doesn't /seem/ to be a "friendly" rival from the Pokemon Direct's description of him, but I'm sure that remains to be seen for now.

Back