• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Change as RBY are brought to the modern era

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    That's the only reasonable explanation as there's nothing else objectionable in the games - the other Pokemon games had the lowest age rating until XY where the cartoon violence aspect became a lot more detailed.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    If they actually kept the game corner while having the PEGI 12 rating (and not 18) , I wonder why can't they just maintain the Game Corner for the new games in the first place.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I would like the mew/ditto/missingno glitch fixed. Also battle related glitches should be fixed. Like ghost type attacks not working on psychic types, focus energy lowering critical instead of raising it. There are many more things that either got fixed in gen 2 or even in pokémon stadium.

COOLTRAINER♂

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    If they actually kept the game corner while having the PEGI 12 rating (and not 18) , I wonder why can't they just maintain the Game Corner for the new games in the first place.

Probably Nintendo & The Pokemon Company don't want to risk losing sales for the 7-11 age bracket in their new games because of an interactive slot machine.

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

I am really happy that R/G/B/Y are finally coming to Virtual Console, first of all. I didn't think they'd ever make it to there because of them relying on the Link Cable. Glad they found a way to 'virtualize' that feature.
    As for any significant changes, I expect that they might close the Game Corner (making it little more than a gate to the Team Rocket hideout), or modify it to the point where playing its games doesn't really involve gambling. I also expect that the Game Boy Printer features will be disabled (on Yellow) as well (as that's what was done to the VC release of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe).
    The Old Man MissingNo glitch might end up going as well, if the games are modified in the ways mentioned above. Then again, with the way Generation I is, changing some aspects of it might open up a whole new set of glitches.
    I do believe, though, that there's a small chance that the Generation I classics will be re-released with very little changes at all (apart from the support needed to trade via infrared, which might actually be done to the Virtual Console backend itself.) It would be a bit of a precedent if the MissingNo Old Man glitch remains intact, given that the VC re-release of the original Super Mario Bros. retains the infamous "Minus World" and "Stuck underwater" glitches.

I also would hope that we'll see Generation II's entries (Gold, Silver, and Crystal) re-released in the same fashion at some point in the future following Gen. I as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I'm pretty sure the game's gonna just be emulated like other VC titles, and the wireless trading's just gonna work like an emulated link cable. Which I'm fine with. I'd say leave everything the way it is. The glitches give this game a lot of it's charm.

COOLTRAINER♂

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Oh, I forgot that they changed Jynx's sprite color when the Pokemon Trading Card Game was released for 3DS. I guess that's going to change for sure in Yellow.

They might also delete all the references to the Game Boy Printer functions you could do in the original games.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited for the ports... I'm gonna nostalgia hard.

That being the case, yeah, I kind of hope they don't change much. I'd still like all the glitches in there, mechanics, and of course, I want the old graphics. Buuuut that's not to say I wouldn't mind a little easter egg or two. Maybe even a hint to a new game in the series... you never know, right?

Back