• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen change battle ?

Aymundo

Poke'king
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    im a huge ff fan and when they changed the battle system form ATB fo ADB i dident like it but in pokemon i think thy really do need a change make it more like the tv show, they could have don soo much more with the ds insted of using the bottem screen asa cloock lol

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    im a huge ff fan and when they changed the battle system form ATB fo ADB i dident like it but in pokemon i think thy really do need a change make it more like the tv show, they could have don soo much more with the ds insted of using the bottem screen asa cloock lol

By that, you mean no taking turns right?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    If they didn't have the 'turns' in the game, I personally wouldn't like it.It just would lose the good old pokemon feel...

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    The turn based system gives makes this a game of thinking and strategy. It means that the person is only as good as they train, as good as they think, if that element wasn't there, we would just have another game like smash brothers, which isn't bad... but there is enough pokemon in that game if you're going to complain.

Years

So you're saying the tried and true turn based system of pokemon should be changed to suit a show that was only created due to the success of the original game. Thats ****ing stupid.
    If you want a different style of gameplay, play super smash bros, or Mystery dungeon.

PS: Please use grammer when you get a chance.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Pokemon is built upon the very foundation of turn-based battle. If they changed it, the entiiiiire metagame would explode, and strategies would have to be built up from complete scratch.

Back