• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing the color of the Map info on Load Screen

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
  • Hey,

The title is pretty much self explanatory. I'd like to change the green text with the map info for another color, but i've been searching and can't find the color info for the map text. Is it on PokemonLoad? That's where i've been searching.

Thanks!

Years
  • In PokemonLoad, line 337

loctext=_INTL("<ac><c2=06644bd2>{1}</c2></ac>",mapname)

You just have to change the "c2" value, by a hexadecimal number. More informations here : (broken link removed)

If you want, you can do the exact same thing in PokemonSave, line 11. It will effect the "would you like to save the game?" menu.

RaulCortez

Years
  • Thanks!

I'm having issues with the hexadecimal numbers now, though. Everytime i select a color and paste the hexadecimal value of the number, a complete different color comes up on the load screen, which is weird, it has never happened to me before, and i've changed hexadecimal color codes. I used the codes on the Photoshop palletes,also others all over the internet. It's quite complicated. I ended up with this weird dark red, which is close to the one i wanted...but still. Oh well :P

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    That's because the value of c2 isn't a 32-bit hex colour value. It's actually two 15-bit hex colours, the first for the base (0664) and the second for the shadow (4bd2).

You can instead use <c3=RRGGBB,RRGGBB>, where the two numbers are indeed the usual hex colours (again, base and shadow). You can optionally add AA for alpha (opacity) onto the end of those values.

RaulCortez

Years
  • That's because the value of c2 isn't a 32-bit hex colour value. It's actually two 15-bit hex colours, the first for the base (0664) and the second for the shadow (4bd2).

You can instead use <c3=RRGGBB,RRGGBB>, where the two numbers are indeed the usual hex colours (again, base and shadow). You can optionally add AA for alpha (opacity) onto the end of those values.

Once again, thanks Maruno! Worked perfectly!

Back