• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Changing the Pokedolls in R/S/E?

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2023
    I've been tweaking a rom recently, and I have a fair amount of hex editing skills, however there is one thing I cannot figure out how to change: The pokedolls. So far as I can tell, they're not listed under the tileset data, nor are they in the item data, it seems. (As advance map and item editing programs don't have the pokedolls show up anywhere.) I've been searching and searching all over google and the tutorials section of this forum, but haven't found anything on the topic.

I've also gone through unlz-GBA and haven't found any images of the pokedolls there either. Can anyone shed some light on how to edit the pokedolls?

Years
    You wouldn't happen to know what offset they're at, would you? lol

All you have to do is just open NSE Classic and edit them, they start at 142 and end at 183 (this is Emerald). I don't know how to get offsets, but maybe Ctrl + R? Sorry, I'm just starting to hack, I don't know much about Emerald, too.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Like the guy above said, in emerald they start at 148 and end at 183.
    If you're making new dolls, you just need to edit the text too.

Probably should use A-Text (or some better one) and find the names of the dolls you've over written.

Back