• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing tilesets causes the player to run into invisible walls

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
  • So not sure if this is the right place to post this but i just changed all my maps to HGSS tiles and for some reason i can't move on certain parts of the maps even though its says in the tile set that i can what have i done wrong how can i fix this all i did was insert the new tiles and changed the maps and can't move through some parts it's like invisible walls.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • it's probably because your tileset is bigger now than it was before, I usually open it up in the data base, go to the bottom, and toggle things, and then put it to what it is supposed to be, and then save it

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
    Years
  • Can you explain what u mean only a few tiles are not working and it says i can go over them by walking its has the circle that says you can my route maps are the issue by the wild grass i can't walk two steps forward are back on some maps and i have no idea why.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    It's more that, especially with a few drinks, I don't understand what you're trying to say. That second remark in particular is hard to understand. Maybe you can edit your posts? I cannot guarantee that I can help, but you never know...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Any tile in the tileset that has nothing drawn in it ISN'T a blank tile, which means you CAN'T erase parts of the map with it. All tiles in the tileset, including ones which don't have anything drawn in them, have various settings such as passability and terrain tag. You can only erase by using the very top-left tile, which is defined to be completely blank.

It sounds like you used a graphicless tile to erase parts of your map, but that tile's passability is set to X (can't go through it). This passability still applies to the game, resulting in invisible walls. This is why all the tilesets that come with Essentials have [X] drawn on tiles which would otherwise be empty, to prevent people from accidentally using them.

Try filling in all the supposedly empty tiles with one that has a graphic, and then filling in those tiles with the truly blank one. That's the easiest way to fix these mapping errors.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Like Maruno said. It's caused by using invisble, but impassable tiles.

In my experience, this can also occur if you use a tileset that is smaller than the old one too.
    If, after you did what Maruno said, the problem still occurs, try this:

1. Use the fill tool in RMXP and fill all empty areas with an ugly, easy to recognize tile (like a completely purple or pink one, or one with a red X).
    2. Once every tile that should be empty has been filled, simply refill them all, with the empty tile to the top-left in your tileset.

Good Luck!

Back