• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Changing time is bad?

Prince Roserade

De LichtBloem
Years
  • Kee kaa koo kii kuu? I heard through the grapevine that changing your DS time settings is bad.

So I would like to know if that is true. I change it every day, for convenience. Who's really gonna wait till midnight to catch a Misdreavus? O_o Hells noes. And XD, yes, I caught Drifloon and it was Sunday. :D I can controlz time! Weee!

No, but seriously, will it cause me problems? So far, it's been fine, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Years
  • Well, you might have to wait some extra time to wait for a certain time, if the game somehow detects it.

For example, if you change the time for Pal park to capture another 6 Pokémon (you've got to wait a day to be able to transfer new Pokémon after transferring six), you might have to wait another 24 hours.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    When i tried changing the day so i could catch eevees at the pokemon mansion it didnt work :(

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm not sure if it's bad or not, but it's kinda unavoidable for US folk, as DST will end someday. I don't change my time to try and get some Pokemon as I'm usually playing during the night anyways, but eventually I will have to change the internal clock.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I've heard it can mess your berries up, but I haven't personally changed my DS time to see (I need to, seeing as DST makes my game's time messed up, and I'm moving into another time zone in July...).

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • The booklet says "...problems such as how Berries grow...". I don't know about any other problems as I have never done that.

By the way, changing the time to get a Misdreavus is kind of cheating. Continue your adventure and, in the night, go for it.

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I have never changed my time yet nor will I ever change it unless I move to a diffrent timezone and it is kinda unfair to change it to get a pokemon and it really isnt that hard to wait a few hours or maybe a few days plus if pokemon wanted us to change it then they wouldnt have made it so they are only for certin times and they would have put it in the intruction booklet saying to catch some pokemon please just change your DSs time so you can cheat and get the pokemon you want desperatly :) lol

Years
  • changing the time to catch misdreavus = perfect sence...
    Some people (mainly my cousin) gets his DS taken off him during night coz he is a FREAK!!! (he'll play 24/7...) So he has to cheat to get it. But, if you can get it without changing time, i dont see why you would want to change time, as the risk with berries is too high...

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I wouldn't risk changing time just incase it made it worse. If I need to be playing after midnight or something for a Pokemon, then I'll do it lol. Makes it a lot more fun I think too that you have to play by the times, much more realistic imo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I consider time changing to be cheating.

If you want something, work for it. The easy way is never very satisfying.

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
  • I changed time once to get Drifloon. However, in my defense, it WAS a Friday when I did that. The date in my DS was wrong. Had I not changed it, things would have been...quite a bit more irritating for me.

Anyway, I didn't notice anything go wrong at the time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Dont mess with the time. It ruins the fun. I did that with Animal Crossing for my GC and I swore not to do it again.

It is up to you, but I wouldnt.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Dont mess with the time. It ruins the fun. I did that with Animal Crossing for my GC and I swore not to do it again.

It is up to you, but I wouldnt.

Yeah, so did I. I don't change the times anymore whatever the circumstances.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I personally haven't changed my DS time, and don't plan on doing so (until DST, anyway). I DID hear about the Pal Park problems, so there's no real reason for me to, either. I waited patiently until last Friday for my Drifloon (actually ended up staying awake past Midnight Thursday, so I was able to catch it then ;) ), and if there's another time-based event I want to be a part of, such as daily grooming or something, I'll wait for that too.

Prince Roserade

De LichtBloem
    Years
  • What the F? Cheating? O_o That ain't cheating. If I was constantly travelling all over the world 'cause my dad was a diplomat, I'd have to change it almost every other day whether I wanted to or not.

That's not cheating. It's called smartness. I have school and a life. Maybe some of you can afford to be up 'till midnight playing on your DS. I cannot though I'd love to. So no, it isn't cheating.

However, I will take into consideration the Pal Park aspect once I beat the Elite 4, hmmm.

And ROTFL @ you people's comments about working hard, XD. I only work hard for something that deserves it. Pokemon is a game; there is no need to be all chivalrous and honourable about it. I know what I'm doing, thank ya very much. As for ruining the fun, it doesn't for me. Battling with Vespiquen at dawn is no different than battling with her at dusk. O_o

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • What the F? Cheating? O_o That ain't cheating. If I was constantly travelling all over the world 'cause my dad was a diplomat, I'd have to change it almost every other day whether I wanted to or not.

That's not cheating. It's called smartness. I have school and a life. Maybe some of you can afford to be up 'till midnight playing on your DS. I cannot though I'd love to. So no, it isn't cheating.

However, I will take into consideration the Pal Park aspect once I beat the Elite 4, hmmm.

And ROTFL @ you people's comments about working hard, XD. I only work hard for something that deserves it. Pokemon is a game; there is no need to be all chivalrous and honourable about it. I know what I'm doing, thank ya very much. As for ruining the fun, it doesn't for me. Battling with Vespiquen at dawn is no different than battling with her at dusk. O_o

Ever heard of Saturday nights, no matter how old you are? And it may not ruin the fun for you, but a lot of people (of course including the actual creators of games) want to try for their awesome catches because that makes it so much more worthwhile, and MOST people feel slight regret when their friend who plays took hours of their free time to snag a certain Pokemon and all they did was change the clock. We're not saying "pokemon is sacred! you can't do such a thing!" it's just a nice concept to wait for the appropriate time and feel great after doing so.

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
  • What does "having a life" have to do with it? Going by the rules of the game just makes the game more fun. Of course, I've been playing it 24/7 since I'm not working at the moment (That's the problem with being a Temp Agent, you only work when you're on assignment. It's driving me insane). Even if I were, though, I'm generally a 9-5er so I'm always around evenings with nothing to do.

Timed events only take five minutes to do anyway.

Masterpoke

Cheese and Rice?
    Years
  • Well if it was cheating and pokemon didn't want you to do it they probably would have made it like pall park where you'd have to wait 24 hours for it to change to that date or something around that. But I don't because it messes with pall park I only do it to get pokemon that can only be caught on weekdays during the weekends because I don't have time to get on weekdays.

Back