• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Chaos Black (1337 march '05)

How many hacks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
Years
  • Suggestion: if possible, why not make one of the forests include a mazelike section with lots of trainers, berries, and hidden items hidden in it? It would make it so that you could entice them into going in there, without forcing them (as forcing them to do an insanely difficult maze just to get from one town to another would put them off the game) as well as enabling you to put grass all over the place for random battles, while still having spots to rest in that a cave wouldn't offer (since you can get a fight anywhere in there).
    It would also allow you to, say, put in hidden areas that only persistent players would find? Say put the entrance to the second forest hidden inside the first forest (to represent going deeper) and then further into the deep, mazelike region, have caves with their own special things? say have several caves and a specific pokémon can only be found in one of them, and only rarely at that...
    Oh man... the whiners who weren't smart enough to tell that was an ALPHA would probably never finish the Pokédex, but people who love the game would enjoy the challenge! (Think along the lines of how rewarding it is to finaly catch a Feebas)

those are some nice idea's you got there, some are already implemented, some i will now implement thanks to your suggestions and some i'm going to ignore. What is what? wait and see.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Cool, thanks.
    If you ever need anyone to do some bug checking, I'm always happy to oblige. I love looking for bugs that can be exploited and errors in games (and everthing else, to). My most recent error check project was the Diablo II Back To Hellfire MOD, and you can see the detail I go into if you look at their frumn (same username there as for here)

That said, just about anyone here would be willing to do bug tests on your game...

EDIT: Apparently Smilies count as URL's... ??

Last edited:

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Cool, thanks.
    If you ever need anyone to do some bug checking, I'm always happy to oblige. I love looking for bugs that can be exploited and errors in games (and everthing else, to). My most recent error check project was the Diablo II Back To Hellfire MOD, and you can see the detail I go into if you look at their frumn (same username there as for here)

That said, just about anyone here would be willing to do bug tests on your game...

EDIT: Apparently Smilies count as URL's... ??

I'll keep you in mind, with a higher chance than normal

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    Sweet Nice Hack. I got the Alpha but it was really weird and one of my pokemon evolved into a butterfree. WTF? Yeah its nice to to see this hack is resurected. :)

P.S. I can use smileys!:P

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Sweet Nice Hack. I got the Alpha but it was really weird and one of my pokemon evolved into a butterfree. WTF? Yeah its nice to to see this hack is resurected. :)

P.S. I can use smileys!:P

yeah, all the New Pokemon are inserted now, so theres NO chance of this happening next time

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Cool! I can't wait to see all the new pokémon. Have you put in pokédex information yet, or is that something for a later release?

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Cool! I can't wait to see all the new pokémon. Have you put in pokédex information yet, or is that something for a later release?

Everything will be cahnged before release, pokedex, size data, footprints, icons, stats etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Heh, it's a shame that makes the whole process take longer... Can't wait to read all the new information!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I remember distinctly that the game only went up to the second gym. Water would block the rest of the way.

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    Hey Isn't this more active? You'd think more people would be more interested in Chaos Black? Anyway Good Luck.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I remember distinctly that the game only went up to the second gym. Water would block the rest of the way.
    That was in the Alpha, and we might as well forget we ever saw that from what we're hearing now.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    OMG I loved Chaos Black! Got past mt. moon but then it got boring...

Glad you're redoing it! Make sure to change the final evoof the grass starter though....

Also, I liked the old title screen.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    good to see this up and running.
    this was one of the first hacks i played.

please show some updates and i really dont have any ideas at the moment, but ill think of some.

good luck. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    OMG I loved Chaos Black! Got past mt. moon but then it got boring...

Glad you're redoing it! Make sure to change the final evoof the grass starter though....

Also, I liked the old title screen.
    How did you get past Mt moon? That was where the Alpha (and hence any changes) finished...

Really shouldn't have to point this out to you guys... Enix has had to say it on almost every page of this thread so far...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Oh, hey, it's CB! I remember that BS, pirated alpha I got before I came to ROM Hacking... >_>

Anyway, to be blunt, the beta maps are bad. >_> The lab looks reeaaally weird. >.<

JimboSain

Field Marshall
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    ummm so im guessing that the beta for CB is still not out with the possibility in mind ill be criticized for asking :D

JimboSain

Field Marshall
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    I'm wondering if he bailed on the Beta and its not going to be introduced afterall....if this is the case its such a shame :/, He had a great idea, name,layout, everything for this game, i saw it being big, and i personally loved the alpha i barely had any complaints at all, it was something i enjoyed playing, i've watched the old posts and followed it all the way for a select few years now, hopefully he didnt just give up on it :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back