• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Chaos Rush's Custom Pokémon Sprites

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Hey i really loved your spirtes. They look cool and very very good. Hope you will come up with more new amazings. Best of luck !

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Got a couple more done:
13AbzAo.png

eBB5aic.png

With Blaziken, I had to cheat a little. The pose of the official art isn't really suitable for in-battle sprite adaption, even if you flip it. I also tried maybe posing it like the Mega Blaziken official art (similar to what I did for Venusaur) but I felt as if that would make the sprite too thin relative to Combusken. So I ended up using the D/P sprite's lineart as a base, but I colored and shaded it just as I do the rest of my sprites. I know that using the D/P lineart kinda negates how these are supposed to be custom sprites, but this is something I will only do as a "last resort", when there are no good poses to base the sprite off of.

Can I help? I will make Mega Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert's sprites. It is because they will be useful in my hack. If yes, reply me some guidelines so that is why I'm asking. If not, well, I'll be waiting for those sprites. I have implemented the Mega Evolution in my hack by the way. Thanks.
No, because this is my personal sprite gallery. That's why the thread is called "Chaos Rush's Custom Pokémon Sprites", not "Chaos Rush's Custom Pokémon Sprites Except With a Few Done By Other People". If you have sprites that you want to showcase, then go make your own thread.

Last edited:
Years
Wow. Just wow...

For some reason, I have always preferred the Sugimori artwork than the sprite artwork in the games. I always wanted to have Sugimori's artwork in the games, and you are making one of my requests real. I applaud you for that :P
Anyways good luck with this, you'll need it xD.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Wicked sprites - my favorites would be Butterfree, Beedrill, and Sceptile. It's like they're brought to life.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Great looking sprites. Cant wait to see more. Thanks man going to use some of the back sprites and will give credit to all where its needed.

Braxien

Banned
Years
This artwork is fantastic, Chaos Rush! I don't know if it's just my computer, but try and make it so that all of your sprites are up-to-date and viewable.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
This artwork is fantastic, Chaos Rush! I don't know if it's just my computer, but try and make it so that all of your sprites are up-to-date and viewable.
All sprites in the first post are up to date. Some of the sprites in subsequent posts may not show up because I deleted them from my imgur account and uploaded a newer version. Everything that's done so far is in the first post though, and that's all that matters.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2015
you got some serious talent dude !
Great looking sprites keep up the good work
i really like Gengar & Venusaur..just awesome!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hoenn starters are officially done!

yk2kRov.png

XT2teAi.png

I'm not overly fond of how the Swampert front sprite turned out. My intent was to make it posed like the official art but have it viewed from a more frontward angle and have it raise its upper body a little. I might redo it completely since I'm not too happy with it as it is.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hoenn starters are officially done!

yk2kRov.png

XT2teAi.png

I'm not overly fond of how the Swampert front sprite turned out. My intent was to make it posed like the official art but have it viewed from a more frontward angle and have it raise its upper body a little. I might redo it completely since I'm not too happy with it as it is.

Love Marshtomp you've done a great job with it!
As with Sceptile, I believe that none of the official sprites are as good as it.

I agree with you on Swampert however, would definitely consider redoing it.
It seems way too vertical.

Also, although you've done a great job converting Blaziken to your signature
style, It still seems a bit out of place. It's great for now, no question, but
I'd still love to see a custom sprite for it, just because so many of your
custom sprites are miles better than the game freak ones.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I agree with you on Swampert however, would definitely consider redoing it.
It seems way too vertical.

Also, although you've done a great job converting Blaziken to your signature
style, It still seems a bit out of place. It's great for now, no question, but
I'd still love to see a custom sprite for it, just because so many of your
custom sprites are miles better than the game freak ones.
You're right, I can do better. I'll just come up with a new pose entirely instead of relying on a pre-existing pose.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Your sprites here are really quite commendable, it's been a long time since I've seen someone do Gen III sprites well. That said, be careful when you aren't actually adapting from Sugimori's drawings, but other games' outlines. (AKA: Blaziken) Some of those have rather spotty outlines. I recommenced studying the official sprites in such scenarios.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Your sprites here are really quite commendable, it's been a long time since I've seen someone do Gen III sprites well. That said, be careful when you aren't actually adapting from Sugimori's drawings, but other games' outlines. (AKA: Blaziken) Some of those have rather spotty outlines. I recommenced studying the official sprites in such scenarios.
Blaziken is the only sprite that was adapted from an official sprite. The rest are completely custom.

However, as mentioned before, I'm redoing Blaziken and Swampert.

EDIT: Unless if you were talking about the back sprites, in which none of them are custom lol. I'll keep your advice in mind, though personally I think the official sprites are pretty bad.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I love these! I can't wait for more, especially Azelf, for reasons I won't say~ <3
Anyways, I really like these sprites!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Pidgeotto, Bird Jesus, and a rat.

yAllbgi.png

zKDxpYK.png

Cq5XtZH.png

I personally am quite satisfied with how Pidgeot turned out in particular.

Also I won't post these montages too often, but I will periodically, just so you guys can see all of them at once. When an entire Generation's worth of sprites is done, I will add these montages to the first post.
DhWVvje.png

Fun fact: The Gastly family you see here is the first custom sprite I did, back around late March, before the DS-Style project was even finished.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Pidgeotto, Bird Jesus, and a rat.

yAllbgi.png

zKDxpYK.png

Cq5XtZH.png

I personally am quite satisfied with how Pidgeot turned out in particular.

Also I won't post these montages too often, but I will periodically, just so you guys can see all of them at once. When an entire Generation's worth of sprites is done, I will add these montages to the first post.
DhWVvje.png

Fun fact: The Gastly family you see here is the first custom sprite I did, back around late March, before the DS-Style project was even finished.

Great montage! It's very noticeable how well they all fit together.
Would probably resize Gengar and Ivysaur just a tad.

But yeah fantastic job so far! Absolutely love these!

Last edited:
Back