• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Character sprite won't show up when play testing in Pokemon Essentials?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    I was playtesting on a map area I created in Pokemon Essentials, but the character sprite isn't showing up even if there is movement. The opacity is fine but I don't know what else to do. Can somebody help me with this?

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    Have you used the original intro (wiith professor Oak) or the debug intro? Or, have you just got the game to start on your new map?

If yes, the character type/sprite has not been set.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    Have you used the original intro (wiith professor Oak) or the debug intro? Or, have you just got the game to start on your new map?

If yes, the character type/sprite has not been set.

I just have the game start on a new map. How do I set the character type/sprite?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    pbChangePlayer(0) will set the character sprites to the first character type. Known as "Player A" in the global metadata in debug menu.

It would be better if you explained it step by step so that I can remember how to do it next time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    have an autorun event on your first map with the script "pbChangePlayer(0)"

that's it.

I tried it and somehow it works but I can't do the same for the starting point on the map when that's where I want my character to begin moving.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    You could just add a warp point to your new map?
    It might be easier, because I don't really get why it wouldn't work.

Manema

Pokebu
    Years
    • He/him/they/them
    • India
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    This isn't helping either. might as well start over. If you were in my Discord server and saw what I was doing as I stream the program, then you could be of some help.

Just set an autoron event on the starting map and inside it add this script "pbChangePlayer(0)".
    Or take the starting point back to the intro map and the then change the transfer to map's location in the professor intro event to the starting map. If you don't need professor's lectures, remove all the stuffs before the pbChangePlayer thing. I hope it will help

Back