• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Characters that interested you!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • So what HGSS characters interested (or annoyed) you? Did Whitney's and Claire's initial refusal to give you a badge irritate you? What did you think of your pseudo-rival and her Marill? Or maybe it's just that one trainer or NPC that got your attention when you played the game? HGSS is full of characters so I figured this was worth a topic. =p

One character that stood out for me? Eusine and his theme music. He was a quite entertaining character for me, and I felt a bit sad for him given he chased Suicune all those years only for you to catch it in front of him after seeing it a couple of times. Poor guy.

Silver remains my favourite rival from the Pokemon games in general as well so I find him to be an interesting character as well.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • The guy I found interesting was the photographer whose name I forgot. It's like he is a stalker since he follows you every where.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ah yeah, he certainly struck me as a bit of a stalker, Cameron. Especially when you'd get a photo from him on one route and go to the next one only to see he's already there, camera in hand.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Me too. The Kimono Girls were very interesting. It gave a Japanese feel. Also I thought it was cool how Blue became a gym leader. Lucky.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I became intesresed in Silver because we learnt in these versions that he was Giovanni's son. I also became curious about the 4 Rocket executives. I'd really like to learn more about them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The Kimono girls interested me because they play more of a role in HG/SS than they did in the originals.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • The Kimono girls.
    Mostly because I felt they were mysterious at the beginning, and I love characters like those.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • That one guy in Cinnabars gym..I forget what he said, but it seemed so random that I laughed for like 10 minutes... Also Blue, first of all because his name is awesome..Second because he seems so arrogant that once you beat him hes all "Crap..How could I lose?!?!..Fluke~!" Well thats what I imagined him saying XD.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, personally I hated Whitney. I just do, everything about her...ugh. She even ruins Clefairy and Pokéathlon.

So she could be classed as "interesting".

Cockman!

o_o What a majestic creature!
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    blue was definitely an interesting character to battle and to find. Reminded me a tad of bin laden since you had to enter his little hidout... hahaha

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    For me the most interesting character has always been the Rival. Its the first and only time you had a criminal (sorta) as a rival. And yet he fought TR.. He was kind of confusing and harsh to his PKMN which made it fun and easy to wreck him in a battle ^.^

Years
  • The female lead, Lyra looks interesting even though one of my polls says she's the worst Player character ever.

I also like Ethan (formerly Gold), he's a traditional male lead.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Personally, i hated the team rocket administrator guys, they were just tooooooo weak to lead team rocket in giovanni's absence.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • The Rival is brilliant, because at the end he almost becomes nice, as he understands the bond between a trainer and Pokemon.
    Lance is the best Champion throughout the games, but I've always had a soft spot for Morty and Falkner. No idea why, really.
    The guy with the Farfetch'd in Ilex Forest entertains me, Kurt's epic fail as he falls down a well is always funny, and I like Youngster Joey on Route 30; the first guy you ever battle, and he gives you things when you give him a rematch!

Red is good too, I like how he just stands on a mountain being all mysterious and saying nothing. He is not a talker.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I've always been into Sabrina and that didn't change when hg/ss came out. I want to know what's her reason for the complete wardrobe change and why she doesn't seem as hostile(not sure if this the word I'm looking for) than she was in previous games and the anime.

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Those rocket executives could have used more dialog. More of their personalities would have made them less 2d. But their designs certainly were cool.

The rival was also interesting this time around, they made him seem more realistic then he was in the previous game.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Red's "................................................................................"

Yep, thats just amazing. Made my day.

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
    Years
  • Red's "................................................................................"

Yep, thats just amazing. Made my day.

lol. I always wondered why that's all he says; is that Nintendo trying to reach out to the player adn have the player fill in what he says when he is challenged? Red is a mysterious trainer for sure. and awesome--i love beating his butt!! XD

As for me, I loved getting back in touch with the main characters from the classic Red/Blue versions: Red and blue (obviously), Prof. Oak, Brock, Misty... all of them. Concerning newer characters in the game, loved seeing the more active role that the Kimono Girls played, as well as the character of Eusine, but more could have been told about her story and role in the game.

Back