• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charizard Cards

Years
  • We all know about the 1st edition base set Charziard, but what about other rare Charizard cards? Who can upload images of these?

I will start with showing you all one I just bought off ebay, never knew this one existed...

Years
  • I don't really have any rare Charizard cards, myself, since most of my Charizard cards are from newer sets, but I could get a couple personal scans up of what I do have later tonight.

There was a retro reprint of the Base Set Charizard in either the Platinum or Platinum Rising Rivals and a Charizard in Platinum Arceus if you're looking for some Charizard cards in general.

Years
  • I don't really have any rare Charizard cards, myself, since most of my Charizard cards are from newer sets, but I could get a couple personal scans up of what I do have later tonight.

There was a retro reprint of the Base Set Charizard in either the Platinum or Platinum Rising Rivals and a Charizard in Platinum Arceus if you're looking for some Charizard cards in general.

That would be cool to see ur scans.

Charizard is my fav pokemon. Any cards would be good to see. I haven't got any of the cards from the series after the neo's (except my piplup's) so they would be new to me :-)

So far my best card is Dark Charizard holo

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2011
    the charizard you bought off ebay seems to be a CD promo which came with another 3 cards.. how much did you pay for it? also are u english as in UK?

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • Guys I also bought this card last night for £3.10 (60p P&P)

That's from the Neo 2 9-card promotional binder. I've found the full binders going for $15 USD on eBay. The other 2 holographics are Entei and Pichu.

Years
  • I think a few of you would be interested in a Shining Charizard from Neo Destiny, though I saw a PSA 10 first edition one of those (probably because it's so much rarer than the Base Set Charizard, but also in smaller demand) going for about $700 USD, so it's not cheap. It's insane what people will pay for Charizard cards. ._.;;

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    The charizard premium has been around ever since the base set. I remember being a kid and having people offer me $80+ for the charizard in my binder, even though it was all ratty from being played with constantly. I think part of why they seem expensive is because people who sell them remember the hype and think that they are still extremely sought-after, so they put them up for really exaggerated amounts. Only the special ones like shining charizard, which weren't easy to pull from booster packs, and the rare varients of the base set one, are worth anything significant.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • This is my Charizard :3 It is one of my prized possessions. I didn't buy it, I got it in a pack back in the day. If you look though, it has a little medal icon on the right side under the picture. Can you guys tell me if this particular card is rare? At least rarer than the original plain Charizard?

Years
  • This is my Charizard :3 It is one of my prized possessions. I didn't buy it, I got it in a pack back in the day. If you look though, it has a little medal icon on the right side under the picture. Can you guys tell me if this particular card is rare? At least rarer than the original plain Charizard?

This card is from the legendary collection

https://www.pokeorder.com/legcolcharho.html

$22.49 for Charizard, so it's a similar value to some base set ones I have seen on ebay

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    There's always the Shining Charizard, Charizard GOld star, Charizard EX, Charizard from Crystal Guardians (I think?O.o)

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • The only Charizards I've ever had were the newer ones from the Arceus expansion and 2 that I pulled from Base set 2 which have long since disappeared. Also Charizard G.

Back