• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.:Charizard Fan Club:.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    What will be Charizard's powerful fire attack?
    I think is Flamethrower. Because it's a good fire attack for Charizard.

~Rene~ :t025:

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Welcome to the club, shadowrider. Yes, I can think of a new topic. I will post it now. Here it is:
    Do you think Charizard can beat a Legendary Pokemon?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Welcome to the club, shadowrider. Yes, I can think of a new topic. I will post it now. Here it is:

in the show or in game? cuz he has beaten an articuno in the show and i do think a well trained charizard in the game could beat several legends

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    Depends on what he's fighting.

Articuno: Yes, easily. Articuno's massive Special Defense still isn't enough to defend against Flamethrower more than maybe once. Plus, Charizard can learn Rock Slide (4x weakness!) and Swords Dance to back it up.

Zapdos: With Rock Slide and Swords Dance both operating, it might work, but if Charizard doesn't have at least one Swords Dance in operation when Zapdos shows up, he's dead.

Moltres: Swords Dance plus 4x effective Rock Slide should do the trick.

Raikou: With Earthquake, Charizard stands a chance, but only if it's already been boosted with Swords Dance.

Entei: A good hit or two with Earthquake ought to obliterate this thing, and it won't be able to fight back very well.

Suicune: No way. It's got the elemental advantage and its defenses are too high to kill it before it kills Charizard.

Regirock: Charizard has a 4x weakness to Rock and no real way to fight back with that insanely high Defense. Ouch.

Regice: Charizard could beat this one. Though its Special Defense cancels out Flamethrower's advantage, it still can't withstand Charizard's physical assault, especially not after Swords Dance is brought into play.

Registeel: Insanely high defenses, but this time both Flamethrower and Earthquake are super-effective. Toss on a couple Swords Dances to overcome his Defense and Earthquake away!

Among the ubers, most are too strong for Charizard to do much against them, except for Celebi, which gets burned to ashes.

Last edited:

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years

Yes, like has already been said, a well trained one could. But depending on the type as Jamie006 pointed out.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Yes, I agree with the others. I think a well trained Charizard can defeat some legendary Pokemons.

Yea in my opinion Charizard is capibal of taking down a legendary but like previous people have said, (including myself), it depends what level the charizard is, what legendary he is fighting, and the level of the legendary(s). All those add up to determine who and how charizard can take down a legendary.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Yea in my opinion Charizard is capibal of taking down a legendary but like previous people have said, (including myself), it depends what level the charizard is, what legendary he is fighting, and the level of the legendary(s). All those add up to determine who and how charizard can take down a legendary.
    Yes, you are right. Anyway, here's a picture of Charizard:

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    yeah because i remember one episode he beat articuno:
    Nice answer you have, X ScizoR X. And yes, I remember the picture before. It's the Battle Factory battle between Noland's Articuno and Ash's Charizard. And Charizard defeated Articuno.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Sure you can join, RazorBr. Welcome to the club! You have to wait for El Capitano to add you in the list.
    Charizard picture:

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Yes a agree with most of you, a well trained charizard could take down nearly all legendarys

Where do you get the pics from the episode?
    I got the pictures from Serebii.net. Anyway, here's another picture of Charizard:

Charizard-lord

Yuni is awesome
    Years
    Nice pics Rene! Anyway I reckon Charizard could beat a fair few legands, but would get owned by several. a well-trained one MIGHT be able to beat a Dialgo but I dunno.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Nice pics Rene! Anyway I reckon Charizard could beat a fair few legands, but would get owned by several. a well-trained one MIGHT be able to beat a Dialgo but I dunno.
    Thanks and you are right, Charizard-lord. I think Charizard can beat Articuno and the other legendaries. Because it has good special attack and speed.

Back