• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charizard Questions

Years
    OK if many of you don't know I solely collect charizards, and I have a lot of them! I'm confused about 2 cards and I've scoured the internet for them and cannot find any answers maybe you can help.

firstly, I know that most of the gym challenge blaine's charizards were printed with the fighthing energy symbol instead of a fire energy symbol. I know there were unlimited editions with the fire symbol, but were their first editions?

Secondly, I've heard about something called a blue-winged charizard. Which from what I can gather was a base, shadowless, charizard with blue wings instead of green. I also heard that is was some kind of promo that you got in the tournaments.

just curious to know if anybody know any thing about these cards, cause I sure don't. also if you have one, are you intrested in selling it? I do buy charizards!

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Hi there! Firstly here is a list of all the English Charizard cards (not including the 1st eds for Base - Neo4 and the Reverse/Alt Holo for E and Ex sets):

• Base Set
    • Base Set 2
    • Legendary Collection
    • Team Rocket (as Dark Charizard)
    • Gym Challenge (as Blaines Charizard
    • Neo Destiny (as Shining Charizard)
    • 2 in E Expedition. One being a rare and the other a holographic/rare
    • E Skyridge (as a Crystal type)
    • Ex Dragon (as a Secret Rare)
    • Ex Fire Red Leaf Green (as Charizard ex)
    • Ex Crystal Guardians (as Charizard d -a [L]/[M] type)
    • Ex Dragon Frontiers (as Charizard * - a [D] type)
    As well as a VS and Japanese Promos. And I think a few jumbo boxtoppers for Legendary and Expedition.

The Base Shadowless Charizard indeed has different coloured wings. If you look closer on the non shadowless base set there is a shadow around the golden box containing the picture. Earlier editions of the card did not have this and hence were shadowless. Some colours are slightly different for some cards and Charizard has blueer wings than normal. These cards did not stay around for long before newer versions were printed so these are rarer and more valuable to collect. Shadowless cards were never promos given out in tournaments. :)

A version of the Dragons Charizard with a special Stamp on was given out for the National Tournaments in 2004. These are worth quite a lot ;)

Both the 1st and unlimited version of Blaines Charizard are misprinted with a [F] symbol (only the English ones though).

Hope that helps ya!

James:classic:

Back