• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charmbreon....again

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    E4 PMed me about this

elitefour_protector said:
    The only role Psychic ever plays on Umbry is the role of a filler. I know that Umbry lacks the SA to use it effectively.
    Still Psychic=Ft Attack=Shadow Ball for Umbry and those were my choices for a filler. I want an attacking move to possibly break a sub because I can't charm a sub. But this has been used with great success against Lax in tandem with Iron Defend Scizor.
    Charm, Mean Look, Charm 2x, BP, ID 3x, Agility 3x, SD 3x, sweep entire team with Silver Wind.

MY reply:

even if Lax cant curse for attack, it'll still get defense =/, and still can rest to recover from any special attacks after that. And now Fire Blast is popping up on quite a few Snorlaxes as I'm told, so Scizor = dead. Even then Scizor can's sweep a whole team with just Silver wind with stuff like Salamence and Skarmory on the loose. Psychic lacks any use at all unless you just fear Taunt THAT much. It's best to go with Taunt for Charmbreon as to stop phazers, or Wish for Wishpassing.

Another thing about Scizor, It'll run out of SW PP before it can "sweep" and entire team, leaving you with only SD, ID, and Agility. Thats why the standard set includes BP in one of those lots.

At least he did what I asked and went through me before deciding to suggest something about Umbreon.

Shadow Tyranitar

never to be purified
    Years
    e4protector, just to let you know, gyarados has 95 base hp and 100 base special defense, both of which are very good. 100 special defense is the highest in the current metagame, besides suicune and milotic, and, you guessed it, snorlax and blissey. Umbreon's monstrous 70 base power hp electric running off it's broken ~50ish special attack will probably do about 20%. I remember facing a newb using persian. I switched my gyarados into it, expecting hypnosis, and it instead used thunderbolt. it did 30%. so imagine what hp electric will do. and you're probably better off with hp fighting, umby has a higher base attack and snorlax's defene is absolute ****, compared to it's great special defense.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Tauntridos will use Taunt every other turn. This gives me plenty of time to kill it. And I need very little in SD because it is not designed to fight SAers. Those EVs I can put in SA with a Modest nature and do more damage.

Please run this through a damage calculator. Umbry with 100 SA EVs and Modest nature using HP Electric on a standard Tauntridos. Snorlax is not Umbry's kill, it is Scizor's. Umbry disables Lax fo Scizor to power up.

Shadow Tyranitar

never to be purified
    Years
    The only "standard" part of Tauntridos is it's moves and nature. EVs usually givev it 249, 264, or 240 speed, otherwise, there's no way of telling. I like to put a lot of Special Defense and HP, others like max attack. Give me the URL to a good damage calculator and I'll run it through.

edit: This is probably wrong, but I'll still post it.

On the damage calculator of Psypoke, it says that if Umbreon has 210 special attack, and gyarados has 250 special defense, an HP Fighting would do a minum of .87, average of .93, maximum of 1 damage. This means that the maximum an HP electric would do is 8 damage.

Last edited:

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    elitefour_protector said:
    Please run this through a damage calculator. Umbry with 100 SA EVs and Modest nature using HP Electric on a standard Tauntridos.
    Average Damage: 49%
    Minimum Damage: 54%
    Maximum Damage: 58%
    to a 336 HP and 250 SDef Gyarados.

But then again Umbreon has much better things to do then wasting an important moveslot, using 100 important EVs in SAtk and using a +SAtk nature.

ffs, if you're having problems with Gyarados, why just not use a Zapdos or something to counter it?

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    My new TP set helps stop Gyarados. Ill post it in the other topic.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    This is about E4 Charmbreon not your stupid t/punch agiligross.

And if HP Electric is a 2HKO anyway why not use it? The only EVs my Umbry needs are in HP and DEF. Why not put some in SA?

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Because those EVs are better used in defenses. I've explained that and more in my PM.

Pyrotechnix

what's that you did there
    Years
    E4, please, for the sake of all things Pokemon, leave Umbreon alone. He was never, ever, EVER meant to be an attacker, don't try to make him one. Even a Cursebreon is only Baton Passing to be effective anyway. Thank you for your time.

Back