• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chatroom information and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
  • NVM, I was just reading your link wrong. I feel oh so stupid.

Well, that's the screen I saw when I got banned, so did you possible get banned anytime recently?

Sorry, was this aimed at me? if so then my answer is no, I've never been in the chatroom before. I used to go on Serebii chat all the time but I got so fed up with evey one trying to trade away hacked pokes that i jus quit going, but I've never been on the PC chat before

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I was banned eirlyer for nothing at all by the bot.

Then i got banned again for nothing by matthew.

I didn't do anything

I said join #kk but i missed out the / so he might of thought i was advertising?

Your ban was removed as per your notification.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Because you were using an excessive amount of "!" and "." which frankly is really annoying and spammy.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I got banned from Matthew I believe but I don't know why.

Your ban is set to a 8-hour temporary ban. You may attempt to rejoin in 8 hours afterwards of this post time.

However, I would like to advise you to not violate any policies, be it PC or IRC policies.

Any additional bans could result in disciplinary action as in longer time periods and/or a permanent ban.

FenderX

A new Legend is Born
    Years
  • i got banned just for dat! im new and didnt know!

just for putting lots og "!'s". dats insane!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yes, it's a ban, though any removal of it is mostly up to the person who set it in the first place.

Also...

silvernike said:
    im new and went 2 chat, but it only says STATUS at da bottom
    As a note, we ban by hostmask/IP there, not by username - so it doesn't matter how many new forum accounts are made by a person, as long as the host is banned then there's no getting back in.

Years
  • How long is my ban for?

Please dont say for a long time

It was justimons faut

Lawl ive learnt my lesson and i swear i wont do it again ill take it to pm next time

Perhaps it would be quite wise of you not to point a stray finger of blame to someone else and instead reflect on what you've done so far on the channel. You've been warned and banned constantly for repeating/flooding, and not only that you've been given several warnings from which concerned these problems; yet you have not heed to their merit and simply carried on as if nothing had happened. I'd like to believe you won't do it again, Zana, but as long as you continuously carry out these discrepancies then we will only find it fit to give you a permanent ban.

Justimon was banned alongside with you for joining in. While he is also at fault for partaking, it is primarily your fault as well for starting it off. Therefore his ban was lifted earlier than yours.

I'd like to note that when you are unbanned, you will be on your final warning. Next time you are caught doing the same thing once more, this will be a permanent ban.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Hey,

So I join chat today say a few words and i'm kicked Reason : "gtfo noob" so I think ok then whatever I rejoin and Am kicked instantly again "gtfo noob"

after re connecting a few times I am kicked a final time this time with (+b) I'm pretty sure it's a ban but who knows how long that isn't what bothers me.

Is "gtfo noob" A valid reason for kicking / banning someone from chat?

perhaps instead of resorting to that you could actually give a more detailed description o.O like " Dont say XXX again " "stop Flooding" etc.

I write this post not to flame or anything lol. Just to ask if "gtfo noob" is an acceptable kick message.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'm having trouble connecting. I get this exact message whenever I try to connect with either Firefox or Safari
    Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.systemnet.info resolve)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Okay guys, I NEED HELP! I can't connect to mIRC or Java. It says unable to connect to server. It also says (dns pool). Any hel?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I do believe I'm in the same boat, I've presented my case twice already in this thread and never gotten a straight answer on what to do.
    I keep getting this message
    Code:
    Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.systemnet.info resolve)
    it doesn;t matter which browser I use and I've got the latest version of Java too, so I hope someone can help us both

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • make sure any AV or firewall isn't blocking java.. try to remove, then reinstall java (add/remove programs) and see if it helps.

sounds a lot like a local issue.. i.e. java not having permission to create a connection socket.

you could also go to your temp java folder, (you'd have to locate that yourself..) remove all the pc applets (to force a redownload) - you may have a corrupted copy downloaded.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • You know I just came back to school and it does put new security things on the computer. How do I change firewalls?

Computer illiterate.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    You know I just came back to school and it does put new security things on the computer. How do I change firewalls?

Computer illiterate.

If its a firewall located on the local machine, we can simply disable or allow mirc to connect.

However, if it is a firewall which is managed by an outside source. i.e. corporate firewall, school, etc; you will not be able to manage its settings. There are ways you can get around a firewall which is existent on a network which you don't have administrative privileges to access, however the first thing to do would be to determine if a firewall exists on your loal machine first.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Well, I had to download this program that tests my computer for security issues. The thing is, mIRC was working when I was here at school before Winter Break.

* Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
    -
    * Connect retry #9 irc.systemnet.info (6667) (dns pool)
    -
    * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
    -
    * Connect retry #10 irc.systemnet.info (6667)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back