• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheater

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Meh.

I got an Action Replay DS a few months ago and so far I've only used it to cheat in some Pokémon I would never be able to get since I'm the only one of my friends who (still) plays these games. I like that I now have the options to play the storyline through with whatever team I want, instead of having to use similar teams every time.

But cheating in Rare Candies or increasing EXP gain is out of the question. It would just make everything too easy and boring.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I hate cheaters almost as much as I hate people who read spoilers for TV shows. They're getting something before it's OK for them to have it, and it bugs the hell out of me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I've cheated the event items in my pokémon platinum in order to get Darkrai and stuff, and I clone my shinies before trading them :)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I do occasionally use a cheating device on Pearl version (and my pirated Sapphire version.) However, I only use it for glitch research. For example, I only use the walk-thru walls code on Pearl version to research the Mystery Zone and the Void. On Sapphire, I use it to research Missingno. I don't use the Infinite Rare Candies cheat, since I like raising my Pokemon legitly. (Although I have cheated to get the Azure Flute.... I didn't really have a choice on that one. I can't access Wi-Fi, so cheating was the only way to get Arceus. I apologize. :( That's really the only Pokemon, besides Mew on my Emerald version, that I have cheated to obtain.)

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I've cheated but it was for nostalgic purposes. All I did was use a cheat to change the TM that teaches Protect (or was it Return?) into whatever I wanted in HG so I could teach pokemon moves they could learn via TMs in G/S/C

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]It's my game, my cartridge. I bought and paid for it so I have every right to do whatever the heck I want with it. I'm fine with hacking just as long as it isn't done to give yourself a ridiculously unfair advantage on wifi, such as making six shiny Mewtwos with 999 in every stat. I like to think of myself as a type one because I actually do have hacked pokemon, but the stats and movesets stay completely legit and I make sure they don't get traded off to anybody. It's also fun to experiment with glitches and mess around with whatever beta content is left sitting around unused because doing that can really add to the replay value.
    [/FONT]

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
    Cheating pretty much killed the nostalgic of B&W for me. I ended up starting over and selling my AR on ebay.

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
    I cheat, becasue NINTENDO thought it would be a swell idea to make a few certian Legendary Pokemon UNABTAINABLE through NORMAL GAMEPLAY!

WHAT IS THIS GARBAGE!!?!?!!!

Otherwise, No, I don't cheat. Quite frankly I feel bad doing that much. but I want to complete the Pokedex, Dangit!

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Cheating & Hacking = BIG NO FOR ME.

I can't stand it. I believe you should work for what you earn -- Sure, it's hard work breeding for IVs & training Pokemon, but it certainly is rewarding.

Agreed, I know a bunch of little Action Replay Kiddies who give themselves 999x rare candies and level up. I can still crush their non-EV trained Pokemon with anything.

I hacked when I had D/P and I thought I was supa cool with my Arceus and Shaymin and Darkrai... yeah... good old 2007. I restarted after I realized how boring it got with level 100s and my Pokemon sucked. Ruined D/P for me, I'm glad I threw mine out the window :D

But now I have a legit TRU Arceus :)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can probably understand your anger against hackers. I think this should explain it.

Type 1 Hacker (At least this is what I call it & my favorite type)
    • This type of hacker has experianced the same many times, and only hacks just to bring a different kind of experiance. The hacker also protects anothers who can't hack from those who ARE hacking for the fun of it and to ruin others, in this case, few DS online games and the PsP online games.

Um, what? o_O I'm sure there are people hacking Pokemon to protect others from other hackers. Yeah...sure...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Since I don't go online with my DS Lite and WPA Router I can only obtain events via Action Replay. I occasionally do EXP multipliers for hatched Pokemon or if I decide to restart and don't want to go through all the motions again. I don't use Rare Candy spamming though, nor do I really use the Wild Pokemon modifiers (regardless of whether it's simply making them shiny or not - with the possible exception of obtaining Mew, Zorua and Victini without an event, as I said, I cannot obtain them otherwise). Way I see it, I take the same stances as The Corrupt Plague and Jack Kentnon, and I wouldn't trade or distribute hacked Pokemon.

It's your game, you have the right to do whatever you want with it, but I think you should basically restrict cheating to yourself and not try to spread it amongst others.

PokéTravellerNumber13

A Multi-Diamensional Traveller
    Years
    I've never hacked in any game. Although if I find a glitch i'll use it if i need it (main one being the duplicat glitch back in Gen II)

And with hackes themselves. meh. I do a gaming course at Uni and even the lecturers say that cheating/hacking is just a way to play, its not actually frowned upon in general, just maybe sometimes individuals.

I think if people hack then one to their own, its their game they can do what they want, i'm not actually that bothered.

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
    The only time I've ever hacked is 99x of each TMs in HG/SS. That's all.
    I'm one of those people that likes training tons of pokemon and I find it very bothersome that I can only get one Ice Beam or Toxic. But that is the only reason. I'm not gonna cheat anymore though, thanks for B/W's update on the TMs, I can use as much Ice Beams or Toxics as much as I wish!

Back