• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Cheating on GTS or special breeding?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2019
    So I've been trying to figure out how people are getting Pokemon that DO NOT EXIST in either X or Y onto the GTS.

The primary Pokemon in question is Vulpix, but there are MANY others. I've done extensive searched of forums and other X/Y related sites and from what I can gather, there is no legitimate way to get this Pokemon in the game. Also, from what I've been able to gather, there are no cheat devices that are currently working in X and Y that could accomplish this.

So I'm wondering, if these are legitimate Vulpix, how the hell are they getting them? They're ALWAYS level 1 (which says BREEDING to me) but I know of no way to breed a Pokemon into the game that didn't start with either the same Poke-parent or it's evolutions.

PLEASE HELP!! It's driving me nuts.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Vulpix is probably in the game somewhere, it's just that no one has put it on any of the known sites yet.
    I generally use Bulbapedia, and these games are VERY new, so almost no pokemon have their locations stated yet.
    I'm sure that most pokemon at this point are available in Kalos, as Gamefreak wouldn't make us wait 2 months to get the majority of them. The main exceptions are certain legendaries like the Regis.

If I had to guess, Vulpix is probably a post game pokemon, after you unlock the national Dex. Try checking the Pokemon Village. There's a good chance it's a time-based pokemon like Day or Night.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2019
    Vulpix can be traded into the game when Pokemon Bank is released in December, so she is part of the game code, in that she is 'dexable'. But everything I've read says she isnt in the wild or NPC traded anywhere in the game.

People are still somehow getting her, though and trading her on the GTS.

Edit: the reason I think it's suspect, though, is because she is never traded at any level but 1 and there are generally only maybe 7-10 of them at any given time on the GTS.

Years
  • you can get a bunch of pokemon that aren't found anywhere else in the friend safari and the pokemon there depend on the people you have the friend codes of.
    ninetales is one of the pokemon that can be found in it according to serebii so people must be catching them there and breeding them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2019
    That could be it, actually. I haven't yet reached the Safari, so that might make sense.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Also the new GTS feature allows you to type in a pokemon's name even without seeing it. I manage to get a Noibat early in the game by just typing out it's name. That's why you see players being able to ask for ridiculous things once again like Arceus, Darkrai & etc.

And many pokemon not feature on the Kalos Dex are catchable in the Friend Safari. Although it'll be quite sometime before every Pokemon catchable in the safari is listed

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    From what I've seen on serebii, pokemon that appear in friend safari are the final forms only. So that would explain all the lv 1 Vulpix you've seen.

Its likely only Ninetails is catchable in the safari.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I don't think it's limited to final forms. In the safari areas I've unlocked I've got things like Wartortle, Electabuzz, Cascoon, Charmeleon, Munna plus more.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • Hopefully soon enough, we'll have a list of all catchable Friend Safari Pokemon, so we know what all's legitimate and what all's not.

Is Gabite available in the game? I got it over a Wonder Trade, level 1, and I'm a tad suspicious.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Hopefully soon enough, we'll have a list of all catchable Friend Safari Pokemon, so we know what all's legitimate and what all's not.

Is Gabite available in the game? I got it over a Wonder Trade, level 1, and I'm a tad suspicious.

Yes Gabite is available in the game, fairly early too. I don't know how you haven't found one on your own yet.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • Ah, just making sure. I'd just defeated the second gym leader, so I wasn't sure. Not far enough to have encountered one on my own.

Back